Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I got the sense from MM that maybe we’ve offered our Future first instead of pick 14?
Reading the interviews with Clarke and MM. Hawks have tabled an offer and thats it and WC saying publicly its not enough or they're unsure to take it as other deals have to progress for them because of Barrass pick/s being acquired. But Hawks haven't heard back whether WC will accept offer. Ball is in WC court.

Reading the interviews with Clarke and MM. Hawks have tabled an offer and thats it and WC saying publicly it’s not enough or they're unsure to take it as other deals have to progress for them because of Barrass pick/s being acquired. But Hawks haven't heard back whether WC will accept offer. Ball is in WC court.
The interview with MM they asked if pick 13 was the centrepiece and he said something like “we know a good pick will need to be involved”.

West Coast are talking a big talk but if it's going to run down to the wire I imagine they'll flinch first. They've reneged on an agreed deal with Tom, as a result he's requested a trade and at 29 years old he's not exactly getting more valuable. They can go down the path of trying to retain him but they need early picks and can't afford to hold out for any they simply won't get.

West Coast are talking a big talk but if it's going to run down to the wire I imagine they'll flinch first. They've reneged on an agreed deal with Tom, as a result he's requested a trade and at 29 years old he's not exactly getting more valuable. They can go down the path of trying to retain him but they need early picks and can't afford to hold out for any they simply won't get.
Clarke is posturing for the Eagle faithful but Mackenzie has been to this rodeo before.
MM is always fair & reasonable.
Clarke will blink first nothing surer.

The absolute disgust with trading Lewis is laughable. He's about to enter his 8th season and has never played more than 15 games. If a fair trade was put forward I'd definitely take it.
Brisbane 2nd rounder is not a fair trade though imo

Reading the interviews with Clarke and MM. Hawks have tabled an offer and thats it and WC saying publicly its not enough or they're unsure to take it as other deals have to progress for them because of Barrass pick/s being acquired. But Hawks haven't heard back whether WC will accept offer. Ball is in WC court.
Clarke is posturing for the Eagle faithful but Mackenzie has been to this rodeo before.
MM is always fair & reasonable.
Clarke will blink first nothing surer.

The advantage we have is that we can sit and wait all week long and its not going to effect anything else for us whereas West Coast seem to need our picks to get other deals done. So lets just sit back and force them to initiate the close of the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate the Pies getting pick 13 for an F1 and Noble. Lolllll
Noble was playing VFL.

Just fold GC.
angry tv land GIF by nobodies.

Even if Lewis goes or stays next year it could be the first time we actually play Sicily forward?

I know this has been done to death but Barass and Battle can easily fill Sicily's role and if he did it for a full year i think it takes the pressure off Chol especially

If it was ever going to happen this is the year to do it given the cover we have. He always looks dangerous as a forward but never gets a long crack at it

I just cant see us loading in the back line this tall

Sicily Barass Frost
Impey Battle Scrim

If this is the plan then I wouldn't be surprised if we pull the trigger if the deal is fair
Sicily was our full forward before he did his knee. We know he can play there.

I think we are all caught into thinking about the specific positions and roles. Sam is not building a team with players just in specific positions. He's building the most unpredictable team ever, potentially in AFL history, with players having capability to play a number of roles depending on the opposition. Sure, there will still be some who will have a specific position like Barrass but everyone else in that Hawthorn backline can play back, forward or even midfield. You need that when pressing up and down the ground. Players need to play like those in the next position up or down the ground. That's why our game plan is so effective and dangerous and the team so versatile. That's why the likes of Finn and DGB may still have a role to play going forward.

How is it know one has posted a "hypothetical trade" on Day 1 of trade week?

Here goes.....who says No?

HAW IN - Barass, Pick 23
HAW OUT - Pick 14, Pick 33 & F2

WCE IN - Baker, Pick 6, Pick 29
WCE OUT - Pick 3, Barass

RICH IN - Pick 3, Pick 14, F2
RICH OUT - Rioli, Baker

GCS IN - Rioli
GCS OUT - Pick 6, Pick 23, Pick 29

Gold Coast would say no, that's a huge overpay for Rioli - who is a quality player, but he's not worth close to that.

I like the headline "Hawthorn's first may not be enough... ".

ffs, all Clarke said was that there needs to be more movement on the trade. No one here knows what Macca has offered. For all we know, he may have asked for a pick to come back with Barrass for our 1st pick
Heard the same interview, sounds like they're playing hardball for starters...hope we stand firm.

Mate the Pies getting pick 13 for an F1 and Noble. Lolllll
Noble was playing VFL.

Just fold GC.
i dont think it's that crazy, if collingwood finish 9th again next season they essentially get Noble for free and GC don't need a 1st rounder for this draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back