Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Not speaking on behalf of moderators but imagine we had pick 1 and genuine excitement and a year later the kid says I am off . We would be gutted.

There would be some genuine comments perhaps like yourself but a lot of tongue in cheek “haha” comments which would make things pretty hard to decipher.
Same result would happen on our board and most other board if roles were reversed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not speaking on behalf of moderators but imagine we had pick 1 and genuine excitement and a year later the kid says I am off . We would be gutted.

There would be some genuine comments perhaps like yourself but a lot of tongue in cheek “haha” comments which would make things pretty hard to decipher.

Absolutely right, but I was direct and polite in my response explaining why it was a mistake. If I was guilty I wouldn't have bothered.

They’ve had a half year at least to prepare themselves, plenty of time.. Except the denialists I suppose.

Does appear as though Bowes has chosen Geelong a long way out with Hocking gaining unofficial sign off from his mates at the AFL for the salary dump. Think he is taking the pi$$ a bit by touring other clubs and doing his “due diligence” Our enquirers into Flanders makes me think this even more.

I’ve moved on from him and just hope we can secure Meek, get a good pick from TOM and something half reasonable for Jack
Bowes very well might choose the Cats but I'm not so sure that it's as straight forward as everyone thinks. I mean could you imagine rocking up day 1 of preseason on huge coin and likely a whole lot more than new fellow teammates that are now premiership players. Bowes for various reasons couldn't break into the Suns best 22 the season gone by and I'm sure the Cats will tell him everything he wants to hear but it would very embarrassing being on that list on huge $$$ and not playing regular first grade. On the other side it would be a whole lot less intimidating joining a younger rebuilding team like us where your chances of cementing a spot will be a whole lot easier. I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

I’m new I received multiple 1 legit on the dons board others for absolutely nothing couldn’t even see how let alone disagree with it. I didn’t know about challenging so you know how to view details of what you said and the reason for the infraction? How far back can you challenge? Ironically We will probably get struck off this thread for off topic! Cheers

I just received a personal message explaining my infraction. I simply replied to that.

Might be different levels of infractions.

Anyway, hope Bowes decides early so we can move on with our speculation. I also hope everybody holds their melts in check if the inevitable happens.

Bowes very well might choose the Cats but I'm not so sure that it's as straight forward as everyone thinks. I mean could you imagine rocking up day 1 of preseason on huge coin and likely a whole lot more than new fellow teammates that are now premiership players. Bowes for various reasons couldn't break into the Suns best 22 the season gone by and I'm sure the Cats will tell him everything he wants to hear but it would very embarrassing being on that list on huge $$$ and not playing regular first grade. On the other side it would be a whole lot less intimidating joining a younger rebuilding team like us where your chances of cementing a spot will be a whole lot easier. I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
Cue the Josh Kennedy experience at Hawthorn. Hopefully Mitchell put that thought in his head if he spoke to him about opportunities at Hawthorn vs Geelong. Coming from an ex-player that was there at the time it would certainly hold weight.

From what I can gather he is essentially getting paid what other players of his level would be, his money just got pushed back. He is not really getting ‘more or less’, it’s the same just structured differently. I am sure other team members would understand that, surely.

At this stage it's shaping up that we:
  • got Amon as a FA
  • get Meek, prob with 2nd or 3rd round pick
  • move Gunston on and get a 3rd/4th round back
  • move Mitchell on and get some combo of things involving 2nd round picks

Hoping we get some more going our way.

I think we want the Bowes deal to work for us but don't think it will.

With the amount of senior players leaving this offseason (Gunston, McEvoy, Shiels and possible Mitchell) we need to get 'some' experience in. Has hardly been mentioned on the market that would fit this. Wonder if we'll hit the DFA market for some Hartigan types.

Hopefully Bowes doesn’t actually buy into this dribble from Dodoro and Mackie that “we’ve been into him for years” and “we think he’d be a really important player for us”

Who are they kidding.

Interesting MM hasn’t come out with any of that nonsense.

MM talked about his actual role

Gave me some confidence personally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow

Tippa, Mckenna, Fantasia, Daniher. Parish is looking around, Merrett looked and really considered moving. Fringe players looking to move also such as Francis but that could be for other reasons. Before these guys they had Ryder, Carlisle, Crameri all leave. A fair list of outs over a 10 year period.

Our outs list in the last 10 year period is much better, it’s just the nature of footy. Franklin, Rioli, Birch, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burton, Hill..

Hopefully Bowes doesn’t actually buy into this dribble from Dodoro and Mackie that “we’ve been into him for years” and “we think he’d be a really important player for us”

Who are they kidding.

It’s not really his style is it… not publicly anyway.

At this stage it's shaping up that we:
  • got Amon as a FA
  • get Meek, prob with 2nd or 3rd round pick
  • move Gunston on and get a 3rd/4th round back
  • move Mitchell on and get some combo of things involving 2nd round picks

Hoping we get some more going our way.

I think we want the Bowes deal to work for us but don't think it will.

With the amount of senior players leaving this offseason (Gunston, McEvoy, Shiels and possible Mitchell) we need to get 'some' experience in. Has hardly been mentioned on the market that would fit this. Wonder if we'll hit the DFA market for some Hartigan types.

It's underwhelming if we can't land another first.

Who are they kidding.

Agree. Means fk all. We were talking to Tom Lynch for 2 years and got no where.

SEN trade reporter David Zita on the line with Kane Cornes expects bowes to go to cats

I've conceded Cats. Anything more is a bonus. I've refused to go through this Cogs thing again.

The Cogs one was a bit different on this board because there was a pretty sizeable portion posters that didn't care at all for acquiring him.

There wouldn't be one poster on here who doesn't want Bowes and pick 7, and the obvious alternative is Geelong which is disgusting. But at least it's expected this time so we'll move on quickly.

Despite many not caring for Cogs, it felt like a sure thing so was pretty gutting for everybody hoping it would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back