Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand why he’d be touring our facilities and wasting our time if he already has his mind made up re: going to the Cats?

He should’ve just asked for a trade to Geelong from the very beginning.

Let’s not sugarcoat this - landing Bowes and pick 7 for peanuts would be a massive win for us. Adding another two classy midfielders without losing much in return doesn’t come around often.

Unfortunately, all the rumours are pointing towards him choosing the Cats. Like others have said - I’m assuming it won’t be good news, but if he does want to come to us then that’ll be a huge bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geelong just want Bowes for pick 7 so they can have a shot at drafting Jhye Clark- he won’t even get a game there. The flogs are just acting like they love him as a player and have been tracking him for years, Ablett wouldn’t have even known his name when at the suns - it’s all a bunch of BS- let’s hope he doesn’t get sucked in..

Tippa wanting to come back to AFL footy.

One of the only Essendon players that I've enjoyed watching. Would love him at the Hawks although I concede we have a 0.01% chance to land him it would be salt in the Bombers wounds to see him light it up for us.

I think people are forgetting that all 3 parties have to be involved in the Bowes trade. GWS want a first round pick for Bruhn. Collingwood reportedly wants a first round pick for Henry. Gold Coast wants a future second.

We are in a better negotiation position than Geelong to make a deal happen

Would we take a shot on Tarryn Thomas if he wants out?

A high-risk, high-reward prospect - clearly has a lot of talent if Sammy & Co can unlock it and he is settled and strives to be his best.

If we were to land 7 for Bowes I wouldn't be against throwing 7 for TT and some change back.

Exactly the type of player we need.

If we were to land 7 for Bowes I wouldn't be against throwing 7 for TT and some change back.

Exactly the type of player we need.
I'd rather 7 i think, the attitude issues do concern me with TT as talented as he is.

I don’t understand why he’d be touring our facilities and wasting our time if he already has his mind made up re: going to the Cats?

He should’ve just asked for a trade to Geelong from the very beginning.

Let’s not sugarcoat this - landing Bowes and pick 7 for peanuts would be a massive win for us. Adding another two classy midfielders without losing much in return doesn’t come around often.

Unfortunately, all the rumours are pointing towards him choosing the Cats. Like others have said - I’m assuming it won’t be good news, but if he does want to come to us then that’ll be a huge bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s likely got a strong idea of where he wants to go, but is doing due diligence before making it formal.

If Bowes chooses Geelong, no doubt they will want Clarke. If he isn't our first choice I'd be asking for 7 ,39 and swap our future 3rd with their future 2nd for pick 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bowes goes to the cats he has been sucked in big time and will be right down the pecking order for midfield time.

Just look at all the early picks the Giants and Suns have been gifted over the years. Proof that elite talent alone does not win premierships.

Like anything you need a balance. We need to keep our first round pick. An our staff need to searching high and low for untapped talent ...

Re: Sewell, Bruest, Stratton, Poppy, Newcombe.

Why is trade week so long and i am done with us being push overs in the trade period. No more!

If Bowes goes to the cats he has been sucked in big time and will be right down the pecking order for midfield time.

Just look at all the early picks the Giants and Suns have been gifted over the years. Proof that elite talent alone does not win premierships.

Like anything you need a balance. We need to keep our first round pick. An our staff need to searching high and low for untapped talent ...

Re: Sewell, Bruest, Stratton, Poppy, Newcombe.

Why is trade week so long and i am done with us being push overs in the trade period. No more!
He might find it a battle to find a spot, but then he might also like the idea that he’s battling for a spot in a premiership contender and back himself in.

He might find it a battle to find a spot, but then he might also like the idea that he’s battling for a spot in a premiership contender and back himself in.

Get a good run of form and a few injuries crop up as they do every year and he's every chance of running out on the MCG on the big day in September.

That's a big ****ing sell.

Trade 18 for bruhn and a future 1st for Henry with something coming back is what I was thinking they might do.
I agree, though I think it will be the other way around. 18 for Henry, and F1st to GWS. GWS will have plenty of picks this year, they will be looking to get futures.

I will watch the Cats with interest in 2023. In Selwood they have lost there heart and the grand pa's are another year older. I do not have them in the 2023 GF.

As for Bruhn and Henry, plug and play does not always work out. As us Hawks know first hand with O'Meara and Mitchell.

An Pick 7, could pass Bowes quickly in a midfield that had a lot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back