Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom’s manager wants him to leave and has been seeing what contracts are out there for him. Collingwood have shown no interest. Tom would prefer to stay so who knows how it goes. DGB has not even been discussed as a possible trade. We are zero chance to get pick 2. The price for Tanner Bruhn is a first round pick so we didn’t go that hard for him. We have not chased O.Henry but have an interest in L.Henry. We have no interest in Grundy and he none in us.
We would like a forward/ruck if any available from another team such as McLean or Amarty from Sydney. We would look at a salary dump from
GWS/GC for younger players for a future 4th rounder like the Scrimshaw trade or a pick swap like the Brodie trade. Have not heard anything on a Ginnivan trade.

Port won’t trade Duursma or Bergman.

The plan is to take 3 picks at the draft, 1 or 2 rookies picks and keep 1 list spot open.
So basically you’re saying nothings happening AGAIN and a lot of what’s known.
If Mitchell is still there and doesn’t want out I’d be absolutely gob smacked.

I reckon Sam has likely met with a huge number of player agents with the hope of getting a couple of bites but not enough to effect our draft hand too much. The interesting part will be what happens if we get no bites at all.
Sam was on AFL 360 or Footy classified an they mentioned Liam Stocker. At the mention of Liams name, Sam had rye smile and handballed the topic back to the blues coaching staff. I only see the kid at games on the wkd.

It left me wonderong if we had already been speaking to Stocker. All reports seem to be he is a good bloke, with good skills. Anxiety may of gotten the better of him at the blues.

Being a low profile DFA pick up now with plenty of skill, maybe the Hawks and Sam think they can support Liam and get the best out of him.

Sam was on AFL 360 or Footy classified an they mentioned Liam Stocker. At the mention of Liams name, Sam had rye smile and handballed the topic back to the blues coaching staff. I only see the kid at games on the wkd.

It left me wonderong if we had already been speaking to Stocker. All reports seem to be he is a good bloke, with good skills. Anxiety may of gotten the better of him at the blues.

Being a low profile DFA pick up now with plenty of skill, maybe the Hawks and Sam think they can support Liam and get the best out of him.
When are DFAs announced? Any old time?

Agree, still unsure what we should do with Wingard, OMeara etc.. They are 'solid' but also absorbing a lot of salary cap space. Might add real value to a club in premiership contention missing that final jigsaw piece..
And I cant see us finishing on the bottom, though you never know... But our target should be 8-9 wins
I believe Mitchell, Wingard and O'Meara are free agents at the end of 2023.

Let them go via F/A i feel teams in the top 8 will come for them and offer good money for 2-3 years given they do not cost draft picks. An i reckon we will net a couple of late first round picks.

Very direct statements for something that you cannot possibly know, unless this is direct from Tom?

He may want to leave, we may trade him. He may also want to stay, or we may not be able trade him again.

But until then, its really all opinions and whispers and potential outcomes.

We don't represent what Tom wants. We may try and interpret it, but its not a fact we can present.

Cool,

He does not want to play at Hawthorn next year as it currently stands

Clubs have been notified, and not by us, his management

It’s not an opinion

It’s not hard to see we are not the club that suits Tom anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cool,

He does not want to play at Hawthorn next year as it currently stands

Clubs have been notified

It’s not an opinion

It’s not hard to see we are not the club that suits Tom anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And yet……………..

hawthorn.png

Stratton24

Club Legend​

Tom’s manager wants him to leave and has been seeing what contracts are out there for him. Collingwood have shown no interest. Tom would prefer to stay so who knows how it goes

Newcombe has that Voss/Ricciuto feel to him in my opinion. Could be anything on his current trajectory, but feels like in a few years will be the type to pull his socks up when the whips are cracking and become a genuine game winner
Great call! The kind of hot take I can appreciate, spot on too.

Ricciuto is my favourite ever non hawk. Would be amazing if it eventuated 😍

Voss went alright too.

Tom's Manager might need to find another craft.

If he wants him to leave .......where are the offers mate?

What are you getting paid to do?

I don’t buy this
Neither do i! How ever i dont think Tom could say much else to the public, behind closed door it would be different i believe and he wants out as our focus is youth.

Sadly the Mitchell / O'Meara combo did not work out for any of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet……………..

hawthorn.png

Stratton24

Club Legend​

Tom’s manager wants him to leave and has been seeing what contracts are out there for him. Collingwood have shown no interest. Tom would prefer to stay so who knows how it goes

That's the most intense thread quote I've seen, kudos.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter if Tom wants or doesn't want to move, either he does get moved or he doesn't. If given a good opportunity at another club at the right price for us I'm sure he'll go, if we don't get the currency or he doesn't like the situation he'd be walking into then we won't. The power is rather removed from our relationship with Titch.

This is not any ITK knowledge, just my take on the situation

How elite were Petracca and Oliver looking at 20 years old?!

Ward, Day, Duke, Moore and MacDonald all look like they could become A Grade players.
I understand your point and Petracca did take a while to get going. His ACL didn’t help.

But Oliver was a deadset gun at 20. Had the second most contested possessions during the home and away season in 2017 and was top 10 for total clearances and all those ahead of him played finals. Plus a BnF.

Then in 2018 he made the all aus team when he turned 21 in the middle of the year while topping the league in contested possessions and top 3 in clearances.

Too long. I think it's about 8 weeks or so. Not sure yet when return date is.
The boys seem to have gone of holidaying earlier in 2022. I hope this means theyre all coming back early to hit the track and improve out of sight, personally and as a team before Christmas holidays.

Theres a lot growth left in our list now days.

I'm not sure if we should be dismissive of Stratton24s Intel, but I know why people are questioning it.

We don't want it to be true.

Everything listed is a dull and uneventful way to try and improve our list. And our list needs improving.
Wait, what have i missed? Intel?

Ultimately it doesn't really matter if Tom wants or doesn't want to move, either he does get moved or he doesn't. If given a good opportunity at another club at the right price for us I'm sure he'll go, if we don't get the currency or he doesn't like the situation he'd be walking into then we won't. The power is rather removed from our relationship with Titch.

This is not any ITK knowledge, just my take on the situation
I don’t think any of it was really insider knowledge.
Bruhn for a first round pick
Grundy not coming to Hawthorn
Port players being traded when their value is low
Mitchell wanting to stay and Collingwood (still in finals) showing no interest however is something I also highly doubt.
Salary dump who would’ve thought with our massive cap space.
All of its either out there in the media or been posted on here already.

I'm not sure if we should be dismissive of Stratton24s Intel, but I know why people are questioning it.

We don't want it to be true.

Everything listed is a dull and uneventful way to try and improve our list. And our list needs improving.
Not sure I’ve read a post where it’s something IS happening.
Skeptical on all of it.
I have a fair few connections at GWS and a lot of what’s been posted in the past is complete nonsense.

Is there any fringe Brisbane mids we could get as token consideration for Gunston? (Ie someone with value of a 3rd etc). Tom Berry maybe?

And outside of Flanders (and bruhn) what other realistic targets from gcs or gws could we pick off for late picks? Eg Ryan Angwin was a Gippsland kid picked in first round but hasn’t done much and I think contracted to 2024 (and prob on a decent salary knowing gws)?

I have no idea on these - but if Barrett is saying we have a few targets (with some prospect of happening) is just not obvious who they’d be.

Is there any fringe Brisbane mids we could get as token consideration for Gunston? (Ie someone with value of a 3rd etc). Tom Berry maybe?

And outside of Flanders (and bruhn) what other realistic targets from gcs or gws could we pick off for late picks? Eg Ryan Angwin was a Gippsland kid picked in first round but hasn’t done much and I think contracted to 2024 (and prob on a decent salary knowing gws)?

I have no idea on these - but if Barrett is saying we have a few targets (with some prospect of happening) is just not obvious who they’d be.
Tom Berry more small forward isn't he? At least that is where he has played at AFL level.

Tom Berry more small forward isn't he? At least that is where he has played at AFL level.
Believe he's more of a mid. Just he's not good enough to break into the team as a mid. Haven't watched much VFL, but supposedly he has shown some signs in the VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back