Hawks and Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Then please please get another club! and rid us of this moribund shackle called Tasmania!

you have no idea do you! if it wasn't for tassie who knows where the hawks would be right now..........I have barracked for the hawks for 26 years and I am tasmanian......we didn't just jump on the bandwagon coz the hawks decided to come here.......when I was a kid it seemed to me the whole of launceston barracked for tassie.......the hawks belong to melbourne...this is not a power struggle to see who can buy who - tassie hawks supporters want what all melbourne supporters want and thats not to own the team - ITS JUST TO BE ABLE TO GO THE FOOTY AND WATCH THE BEST TEAM IN THE AFL!!!!

Hawks United - is about uniting all supporters from all over australia so get your heads out of your asses and stop bagging tassie!!!!!!!!:mad:

I've been against the Tassie venture from the very beginning and I have said and will continue to say that I will not go to Tasmania while this agreement exists and I will not by any Hawks gear with Tasmania written across it

It's a shame really because I know a few people have gone to Tas for holidays and enjoyed it and because I need a new guernsey for my kid and I, but neither of them are going to happen

It's fair enough to be against the Tassie deal, but to hold some sort of grudge or angst against Tassie is bewildering, what has Tassie done?? All they have done is offer Hawthorn the best sponsorship in Australian sport, and in doing so, help make the Hawks the powerhouse (off field) they currently are, what's more, the Tassie deal has ensured the future for the HFC in Vic.
If you have a problem, aim it at those responsible:
Victorians - for not going to games at Etihad and costing the HFC money.
Victorians - for not joining in great enough numbers when the club was struggling and only posting meagre profits due to Dickers donations.

The HFC board - for having the audacity to try and keep the club afloat in an increasingly hard market.

Strange, strange perception.:confused:

It's fair enough to be against the Tassie deal, but to hold some sort of grudge or angst against Tassie is bewildering, what has Tassie done?? All they have done is offer Hawthorn the best sponsorship in Australian sport, and in doing so, help make the Hawks the powerhouse (off field) they currently are, what's more, the Tassie deal has ensured the future for the HFC in Vic.
Victorians - for not joining in great enough numbers when the club was struggling and only posting meagre profits due to Dickers donations.

The HFC board - for having the audacity to try and keep the club afloat in an increasingly hard market.

Good post Worthy. It seems most fans who are against the Hawks/Tassie deal are offering no lucrative alternatives. It's all about playing as many game as as possible in Victoria.

Blame the fans? A pretty unfair comment to make considering the supporter base you're having a go at lost its home ground to Etihad in 1999. The HFC crowds in recent history have been remarkable, with the potential for it to improve.

Looks like it will be a pretty heated AGM this year, there are some fired up supporters unhappy with the latest 'tassie hawks' deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks and Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back