MaccaHawk

Team Captain
Jan 16, 2006
Glasgow
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glasgow Sharks/Magpies
Every year I'm tempted to completely stack my team with Hawthorn players out of love for the club and every guy on our list. I never do it though, as I know I'd have no chance of winning the comp!

Interested to see how many Hawks guys tend to be picked by the people on the BF Hawks list. I've gone for the following this year:

Birchall
Boyle
Croad
Muston
Ellis
Dowler
Franklin
Campbell
Taylor (based only on the fact he is guaranteed game time this year and is therefore on my emergency list)
Mitchell
Hodge

Was tempted to go for Crawf as well but ended up leaving him out - if he is performing consistently well over the first few rounds I will add him in.

In my squad I have Birchall, Mitchell, Hodge and Franklin. In reserves I have Ellis, Muston and Renouf. 7 players altogether :eek:

My query with Boyle is that he is unlikely to score more than 40-50 and as an unconsistant forward he can go missing for whole games.

He is in my team but he was far from an automatic choice as he is competing against Ellis & Hansen who while likely to get less game time are likely to score higher imo.

My query with Boyle is that he is unlikely to score more than 40-50 and as an unconsistant forward he can go missing for whole games.

He is in my team but he was far from an automatic choice as he is competing against Ellis & Hansen who while likely to get less game time are likely to score higher imo.

I've got Boyle on the bench... and to be quite honest I hope he scores 40-60 for the first couple of weeks... value will go up and then i will punt him like buddy franklin running down the left wing from 50m

Will he score consistantly enough to see a large rise in value though? I never really understood what determined the price of players but it seemed to involve a three week period last year.

Will he score consistantly enough to see a large rise in value though? I never really understood what determined the price of players but it seemed to involve a three week period last year.

Lets hope Boyley comes up with 6-10 marks 10 kicks a couple of h/balls a tackle or 2 and 3 goals!!! Then his stock will skyrocket.

Really I just think he is a whole lot better than the other players on his $$$$$ and he is sure to get games to start the season.. after that I guess it will depend on his form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boyler is a risky DT prospect IMO. If you want to have a half decent team you cant have more than 4-5 Hawks I dont think. Balance across all teams is the key.

This year I have 4 (Which is more than normal)

Hodge
Franklin: Will be frustrating - 1 week score brilliantly, next nothing
Taylor
Muston

I got Mitchell, Williams, Franklin, Birchall, Gilham & Renouf.

Squeezed Young outta the side when I realised I had too much cash left and spent it on West and McLeod. lol

Look at Sewell's last 4 games from last year when he was put into the midfield

Did very well
He sure did, don't get me wrong he's a good mid, but we alread have the inside mid role covered by Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis.
Sewell will be used in the back half to negate players like Riccuito, Hird, etc like he has done so far in his career. At any rate, Sewell isn't the hard running player that Swan was in 2006.
I'm not so certain the move of Brad into the guts for the last 4 games of 2006 was anymore than a midfield replacement for an injured Hodge who moved back to HBF.

Lewis has just finished his second full preseason, has trimmed down and should see more time in the middle. He loves the hard stuff and is a ball magnet. I had him alst year and he was good scorer for his price and second year player.
So yeah, I'd pick him before Sewell in a dreamteam style comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks in your Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back