Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious?? You gotta be kidding right? These guys have been up for 9 weeks, even we had poor wins against struggling teams in our great era. Take off the glasses, we have senior players that are and have been cooked since round one last year.
Roughy is the only one who looks cooked to me.

Burgers past his best but at 35 years old that is understandable.

The majority of the best/most important players from the 3peat era are gone.

Take off your own glasses. You want to vent, so you invent some nonsense about them playing their worst game of the year, a statement supported by no evidence at all for the sole purpose of making our own efforts seem even worse than they were.

They played as well as we allowed them, and vice versa. They were a bit better, unfortunately.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
Oh my God.

Take off your own glasses. You want to vent, so you invent some nonsense about them playing their worst game of the year, a statement supported by no evidence at all for the sole purpose of making our own efforts seem even worse than they were.

They played as well as we allowed them, and vice versa. They were a bit better, unfortunately.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
Wasn't their worst game of the year but they have yet to beat a good in form team away from home.

They are a 5-6 goal better team at home imo.

They are a full team of seasoned men and we are 57.5kg jockeys running the 7th at Randwick.

We are soft as shit and they are tough, well drilled machines. Their kids are big as well.

Being at the ground and close to the action it's safer to say we have no one let alone a kid with the frame of Liam Duggan. That kid is an absolute human beast, all muscle and thickness, would love him at the Hawks.

Wasn't their worst game of the year but they have yet to beat a good in form team away from home.

They are a 5-6 goal better team at home imo.

I think the Eagles are the real deal, on a dry day no one is getting near them, their 195-203cm guys are the best in the comp and make their so/so 180cm players look like stars.

Big boy is a heart and soul champ but replace him with NicNac and Cegs/Lewis with Lycett and we are a 4-6 goal better team.

I think the Eagles are the real deal, on a dry day no one is getting near them, their 195-203cm guys are the best in the comp and make their so/so 180cm players look like stars.

Big boy is a heart and soul champ but replace him with NicNac and Cegs/Lewis with Lycett and we are a 4-6 goal better team.
This would have been a 10 goal thrashing if we played them in Perth still not convinced they will beat good sides away from home.

Clearly the game plan today was all about an all day slog/arm wrestle and stay as close as we can contest (Avoid any fast flowing footy with quick ball into there monster forwards).

I am glad there was a game plan.

Can someone tell me why with 8 minutes to go on the clock and us trailing by 18 points we were still fiddling around and going backwards, sideways and playing the boundary line?

The tactics at that stage of the game were mind boggling unless we have started tanking that is!!!!

Last edited:
Hawthorn (and AFL in general) is so unwatchable these days, that instead of the game I found a fence to paint.

From the comments here I saved myself 2 hrs of frustration because again we lack any cohesion or structure and again lost by the same method of self inflicted wounds.

Not sure if the old boys have just lost drive (and the new breed are just overrated) or the gigs up with Clarkson, but to go from nearly Top 3 against Sydney to completely throw in the towel something is wrong.

Oh well, plenty of more odd jobs to do at the new place. Season unfortunately is going to pan out 9th-14th as expected. :oops::poo::sick:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Experience means nothing to you then - strange!

It certainly means something when you are assessing how well a player is going from a "reasonable expectation" point of view, but if you are assessing whether a player should be in the side or not each week , then I don't think you can give a free pass simply because a kid is getting games over others for development purposes. Unless you are in pure rebuild mode, and so put let less emphasis on actual results, and perhaps that is where we are at now.

5 things I learned from this round of football
  1. An eerily similar game from the Box Hill Hawks and the Hawthorn Hawks against North. Smashed in the ruck and no contested marking players, especially in the backline. We do not have a quality full back.
  2. The Hawks are not close to a premiership. Clarko near-enough said that in a recent interview. Many on our list have not shown a reason to stay on the list. With a reported super draft on offer, expect many delisting.
  3. Impey is fast becoming a favourite player. Awesome trading to get him.
  4. Shoenmakers and Whitecross continue to show they are role players or worth.
  5. Preust is in for a big pay day when he comes out of contract.

Cegs was great... often halving contests

Hawthorn (and AFL in general) is so unwatchable these days, that instead of the game I found a fence to paint.

From the comments here I saved myself 2 hrs of frustration because again we lack any cohesion or structure and again lost by the same method of self inflicted wounds.

Not sure if the old boys have just lost drive (and the new breed are just overrated) or the gigs up with Clarkson, but to go from nearly Top 3 against Sydney to completely throw in the towel something is wrong.

Oh well, plenty of more odd jobs to do at the new place. Season unfortunately is going to pan out 9th-14th as expected. :oops::poo::sick:
You have not seen the new structure of the game. The 30m 4players, with 6 players 60meters. And a few at 90 meters
The game is now about wining clean ball.

The best is Impey

There are already plenty of fans making baseless statements and fanning negativity who actually watched the game.

We played pretty well today, or at least made progress defensively. I know you're frustrated, but we've got so many promising young players in and around the side, there's only one way to go. We might be up and down a bit this year, but we're clearly on the right track.

Said it a few weeks ago, we have a soft underbelly. Call it lack of leadership, lack of talent or players needing a fresh voice , I wouldn’t know but there’s something not quite right atm.

There are already plenty of fans making baseless statements and fanning negativity who actually watched the game.

We played pretty well today, or at least made progress defensively. I know you're frustrated, but we've got so many promising young players in and around the side, there's only one way to go. We might be up and down a bit this year, but we're clearly on the right track.

We've also got (on paper) an experienced and elite forward line... durp

The need for speed, most teams seem to have us covered in that area with their closing speed. We have mitchell, o'meara, shiels as midfielders and no one else when they need a rest. Teams are beating us by flooding, no one is talking about that cause only sydney flood. Umpires, commentators, eddie "that was a push in the back, 2 seconds after mitchell was imprinted into the marvel surface. They let a lot go both ways in the first, i did not see all the game. Why is it so that commentators just say what the umpires do and not what we see, knocked out in the tackle " no it was dropped". How many ruckmen now grab the ball in ruck contest and attempt to kick under the tackle and "play on". Maybe time to put a little cash on west coast, 2 home finals and a grand final berth awaits.

The need for speed, most teams seem to have us covered in that area with their closing speed. We have mitchell, o'meara, shiels as midfielders and no one else when they need a rest. Teams are beating us by flooding, no one is talking about that cause only sydney flood. Umpires, commentators, eddie "that was a push in the back, 2 seconds after mitchell was imprinted into the marvel surface. They let a lot go both ways in the first, i did not see all the game. Why is it so that commentators just say what the umpires do and not what we see, knocked out in the tackle " no it was dropped". How many ruckmen now grab the ball in ruck contest and attempt to kick under the tackle and "play on". Maybe time to put a little cash on west coast, 2 home finals and a grand final berth awaits.

This is why we need to run JOR and Lovell in as back up. There’s no ferken rotation. No wonder JOM is cooked at HT every game.

Senseless negativity is no good for anyone. However, blind positiveness can set you back 10 years. Ask Melbourne, St Kilda or Carlton. At times, you just have to accept the hard, unpleasant reality.

Of all the baseless comments you are suggesting from fans, I would suggest the bolded part of your post is the most 'baseless'. By nature of the amazing, unparalleled, success we have all enjoyed as fans we have had little to no access to top end young talent via the draft. We would arguably have one of the worst u/23 lists in the AFL.

I am not sure what talent you are referring to at Box Hill?

There will be some massive decisions to make at the end of the year I think.

This is why we need to run JOR and Lovell in as back up. There’s no ferken rotation. No wonder JOM is cooked at HT every game.

Unfortunately, neither player made much of a case for promotion on Saturday.
However I will concede that Preuss's domination in the ruck did not make the task of our midfield easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back