Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Experience means nothing to you then - strange!

A 1 kick, 1 uncontested mark, 0 tackle, 0 goal game, from an offensive stand point is not an impressive game from any player, no matter how young or inexperienced they are.

I'll admit I wasn't at the game so he may have played an amazing defensive game on Mcgovern that wasn't really shown on tv.

It's not all doom n gloom we played horrible and got within 3goals to the top team. We held them under 100points the defensive improvement all over the ground from last wk was better.

What is horrible
#1 our skills buy foot, turnovers is the worst i have seen in a long time.
#2 our lack of urgency and effiencey with the ball in hand not sure anyone knows the game plan to many times the wrong options buy all players. the last 5mins we suddenly looked hungry with the ball in hand.
#3 there is no cohesian with our mids and forwards.

Fix these up and we may salvage a finals berth. Definatly play cegs n mcevoy.

Mitch Lewis is not ready for senior football... period.
If the other 2 players that have played CHF put in a performance like this kid has over the last 2 weeks there would be screams of blue murder at the selection table!
Decoy..... Bahaha. Sorry but that does not cut it.
Let the kid develop at Box hill & get a solid Pre season into him & for goodness sake... let him hit the gym! He looks like he could be a ripper! Let it come instead of forcing it.

100% but let's not hang the kid he actually did a few really good things resulting in goals.

Let's face it he is only in the team because schoey and tob are both inconsistent at best and should be better.

For a second gamer that has genuinely earned a spot by playing well in the 2's he should be persisted with to fast track his development like we did for Roughead and Franklin. If he goes back 'till he's ready' he will not improve enough.

Obrien and shoenmakers are not going to be what we need. O'Brien has played 4 adequate AFL games out of 48. And imo never had giod enough VFL form to warrant senior selection.

They allow you to run light on ruckmen so actually make space in the squad. I agree we know what we will get from TOB and schoey. I suspect Mitch Lewis is being looked at for his long term prospects, or whether we do really need to throw everything at lynch

This.

Mirra is VFL standard at best.

Crying out for Birchall to come back.

Hardwick and Sicily showed creativity. Seem to be losing confidence lately

If you take a rolling last 22 games we are 13-14 wins. We are better than average but we need to find something to be better than that

Last edited:
The obsession with going lateral and backwards from defence is horrendous, does absolutely nothing besides allow west coast to set up defensively.

Forward line is shot
Agreed. We don't have a semi decent key forward at all and it shows.

Such a struggle to get the ball forward. We don't even have lead up players it seems. Imagine a Nick Riewoldt type with immense workrate. That would change our side dramatically.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Intruder alert*
You guys played a pretty good game today and was a good response from the dissappintment from last week.
I thought on paper WCE had a lot more star power but Hawks kept in the game with tenaciousness all day.
You have a player in Hardwick but. Could use a haircut tho.
Best of luck for the season, would expect you guys to make the 8 based on today's effort.

Tenacity

ps thanks.

Last edited:
Tenancity

ps thanks.

Any chance of getting a tackling coach? Almost embarrassing as some of the players look like they are catching butterflies...

Much better effort overall it must be said but geez what could have been if we should have beaten Sydney in the closing minutes...

Sicily a great player, great skills but again a couple of shocking efforts that cost us badly. Not manning up and let them kick a goal is one and the shocker was going for mark of the year against his own bloody team mate in Ceglar. Could not believe that.

It's not all doom n gloom we played horrible and got within 3goals to the top team. We held them under 100points the defensive improvement all over the ground from last wk was better.

What is horrible
#1 our skills buy foot, turnovers is the worst i have seen in a long time.
#2 our lack of urgency and effiencey with the ball in hand not sure anyone knows the game plan to many times the wrong options buy all players. the last 5mins we suddenly looked hungry with the ball in hand.
#3 there is no cohesian with our mids and forwards.

Fix these up and we may salvage a finals berth. Definatly play cegs n mcevoy.
#2 most likely is a confidence issue , players second guessing themselves and not playing instinctively then putting a teammate under pressure or in a worse position

Rounds 1-4 we played we decent flow and ball movement so we can do it , just need confidence back

#2 most likely is a confidence issue , players second guessing themselves and not playing instinctively then putting a teammate under pressure or in a worse position

Rounds 1-4 we played we decent flow and ball movement so we can do it , just need confidence back

Yea I agree very hesistent even simple plays with no presurre still i.smith turned it over or wrong option several times. No gut running across the ground from midfielders either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 1 kick, 1 uncontested mark, 0 tackle, 0 goal game, from an offensive stand point is not an impressive game from any player, no matter how young or inexperienced they are.

I'll admit I wasn't at the game so he may have played an amazing defensive game on Mcgovern that wasn't really shown on tv.

He did have a few goal assists handballs also.

Forward line is rabble. Rougheads past
It but it’s hard to be upset with him. Can take positives from Impey and Jaeger slotting a handful between them. Bruest and Gunners disappointing. We always look slow and a step behind. Sicily seems to be the only bloke willing to take it on. So many costly turnovers. Shocking attempts at switching the ball resulting in Eagles goals. Onto Port.

If we could just lower our eyes with our forward entries, we broke even with forward entries but we just bomb it high. Very frustrating!

A little pissed off we weren't bold enough in the last 10 minutes, I hope they are not happy with a close loss.

Please don't go with 2 rucks again, let Rough pinch hit in the ruck. Persist with Mitch Lewis, play Gunna closer to goal and keep Burton in the midfield & forward.

We have too many dour defenders that are not confident in their kicking, Mirra out and Tim O'Brien in as a CHB.

Oh and can anyone explain why Tom Mitchell thought he was a chance to goal from long range, silly football.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You still have a go at OMeara when he plays a good game - you are a *******

You peanut.. I love Jags, doesn't mean I still don't want him to become the jet he should. I think there's a good 20% left of improvement, 20 touches and 3 goals is a good game no doubt, but I'd love for him to impact the middle of the ground more and earlier on. You're a deadset goose.

Agreed. We don't have a semi decent key forward at all and it shows.

Such a struggle to get the ball forward. We don't even have lead up players it seems. Imagine a Nick Riewoldt type with immense workrate. That would change our side dramatically.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just Gunno being a genuine chf would be enough, sometimes it seems like they/him are trying to be a jack of all trades. Lynch would be great but I'm not 100% on the price, interesting times and certainly an area we need to improve.

I think that sometimes our senior players forget that they aren’t playing with the same team mates and need to be made a little more accountable on these boards for there decision making instead of just focusing on what the young blokes are doing wrong.

There’s been a few instances in the last couple of weeks, at important points in the game, where a decision has been made to bring it inboard and it’s been the wrong one and it’s changed the course of the game.

At least Doc isn’t on the receiving end this week

You peanut.. I love Jags, doesn't mean I still don't want him to become the jet he should. I think there's a good 20% left of improvement, 20 touches and 3 goals is a good game no doubt, but I'd love for him to impact the middle of the ground more and earlier on. You're a deadset goose.

To be honest, I'll stick up for you on this one. His goals aside, I actually don't think O'Meara had a huge influence on the contest today through the middle. He seemed to have patches today for mine but wasn't consistent across the game. I don't think he would have polled any Brownlow votes.

Anyhow, he is still working his way back and for mine and this was another step in the right direction. He is about were you would expect with his injuries, lack of pre-seasons and games over the past four years.

I expect the player you are wanting to see will be consistently, week-in-week out there in 2019. Just need to temper expectations a little and understand from how far back he is coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back