Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, I'll stick up for you on this one. His goals aside, I actually don't think O'Meara had a huge influence on the contest today through the middle. He seemed to have patches today for mine but wasn't consistent across the game. I don't think he would have polled any Brownlow votes.

Anyhow, he is still working his way back and for mine and this was another step in the right direction. He is about were you would expect with his injuries, lack of pre-seasons and games over the past four years.

I expect the player you are wanting to see will be consistently, week-in-week out there in 2019. Just need to temper expectations a little and understand from how far back he is coming.

I agree 100% and I have said that he has improved but I think it's coming into a period of expectation where he progresses to a 25+ guy. He is a good B+ mid, add another 20% that he has in him and he is an A-grade mid.

It took me back to all those games v eagles in the later nineties when they were obviously better but content to slowly strangle the life out of our game

So the wagon moves on. I doubt many would have us 5-5 at this point coming into the season
Was at a game at Waverly and we kicked the first 4 goals of the game , they then strangled us for 3 1/2 quarters and won something like 9.6 to 6.6 , was absolutely torturous.
3 goal margin may as well have been 10

To be honest, I'll stick up for you on this one. His goals aside, I actually don't think O'Meara had a huge influence on the contest today through the middle. He seemed to have patches today for mine but wasn't consistent across the game. I don't think he would have polled any Brownlow votes.

Anyhow, he is still working his way back and for mine and this was another step in the right direction. He is about were you would expect with his injuries, lack of pre-seasons and games over the past four years.

I expect the player you are wanting to see will be consistently, week-in-week out there in 2019. Just need to temper expectations a little and understand from how far back he is coming.

Agreed. He’s not ripping it up on ball yet, but 20 and 3 goals is a very good return.

He’s lifting.

Was at a game at Waverly and we kicked the first 4 goals of the game , they then strangled us for 3 1/2 quarters and won something like 9.6 to 6.6 , was absolutely torturous.
3 goal margin may as well have been 10

Yes, that’s what I was thinking of

I agree 100% and I have said that he has improved but I think it's coming into a period of expectation where he progresses to a 25+ guy. He is a good B+ mid, add another 20% that he has in him and he is an A-grade mid.

This might be a 2019+ wish for mine. Some good games, some bad games, a reasonably injury free season and another solid pre-season... that's a good result IMO.

Came out of the movies and checked the score expecting a 20 goal to 6 eagle's win.

Then I see we lost by 15 points to the top side at a ground we struggle to play well at. Thought.... wow that's pretty good.

Came on here and it reads like we DID lose by a huge margin. Weird.
yep only lost by 20%.

Agree with your observations totally BJK, reckon we were beaten by this years Premiers; they are a first class outfit.
May premiers woo hoo
Horrid post on so many levels.
Quoted for accuracy
I come on this board and get the same down comments from the same supporters. We didn't win so we are shit, we a bottom of the ladder side, we only got within 15 points because the opposition had a bad day. As some have said you have been spoiled, so stop sulking and really try hard to find something positive in todays game.
Nice melt, I feel much better now, thanks!

Is it work rate, or is it structure? I swear at the ground, it felt like they always had extra players at each and every contest, we always seems flat footed at contested, they were on the move.
We seemed to rarely be able to run from behind, they regularly ran the footy out of defence.
I thought there were better signs, Cegs will Be better for the run, Hardwick was great, shield, Stratton too.
Like Lewis and hope he can continue to compete but start to grab them.

Anyway, on to port. Let's hope they are flat from the week off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A game of misses. Missed kicks, missed handballs, missed marks and missed tackles. Clean that up and we win today. Our polish just isn’t there unfortunately and against good teams you can’t cover up those mistakes.

Plenty to like about today though. Burton played his best game of the year I thought. Hardwick is a jet. Stratton continues to be criminally underrated as a defender. Frawley was very good and Duryea didn’t have any brain fades. Shiels and Impey were outstanding too.

Liked Jaeger’s game too. He seems to cover the ground well and when he is in the contest is rarely beaten. So I’m confused why he is only getting to enough contests to rack up 20ish per game. Is he not reading the play well enough? Not sure.

Think Sicily will learn a bit from this game too. Hopefully Darren Glass is taking him under his wing from a defensive standing. Will have plenty of teaching points after today’s game.

I didn't say they were unbeatable here, but they are 3-0. These are games that they would have dropped in the past. They are top of the ladder and have only lost one game for the year. Losing to them is far from embarrassing
I didn’t say it was embarrassing but we did not play well at all. Our ball movement is really poor

West Coast too big too strong too good

Some decent endeavor by our men but the backwards & sideways kicking when the game needed to be won was what bottom sides do.
They are a full team of seasoned men and we are 57.5kg jockeys running the 7th at Randwick.

We are soft as shit and they are tough, well drilled machines. Their kids are big as well.

A 1 kick, 1 uncontested mark, 0 tackle, 0 goal game, from an offensive stand point is not an impressive game from any player, no matter how young or inexperienced they are.

I'll admit I wasn't at the game so he may have played an amazing defensive game on Mcgovern that wasn't really shown on tv.

As bad as Lewis may have been he wasnt far behind our 3 flag and 4 flag champion forwards.

OMeara and Impey had great games. Frawley and Burton were good. Great seeing Ceglar back. Will be better for the run.

Very much let down by our forwards. The defenders did well today.

This is as good as it gets for the next few years. We have been spoilt for the last 10 years and now we are going to be poor. Just play the kids now, I don’t care if the form at Box Hill isn’t great, expose them at this level. I am content finishing down the bottom and getting good picks.
Experienced players were pretty poor today and thought the young guys were alright.
Our forward line is a disgrace and the coaching today was poor and lacked imagination.
Top 5 pick coming up

I too agree that we seems not to have a strategy up forward when we win the ball. In very rare occasion we took a mark the guy is not sure what to do and hang on to the ball for ever and then a turn over. No forward structure and just bomb the ball for rapid turn overs. Frustrating the coaching but some people here are so afraid of calling the emperor naked.

Bit of bagging of Isaac Smith here. Geez that guy runs hard. Nothing anybody says here could diminish my respect for him. He's the sort of player who can get the rebound 50, the inside 50 and the goal all in the one play. Not only that, he's such a talented finisher in front of goal from anywhere within 60m. I thought he had a good game despite one or two shanks.

Did you know?

Isaac Smith has reached over 22 uncontested possessions in a game 10 times during his career, and Hawks have won 9 of those games.

As bad as Lewis may have been he wasnt far behind our 3 flag and 4 flag champion forwards.

OMeara and Impey had great games. Frawley and Burton were good. Great seeing Ceglar back. Will be better for the run.

Very much let down by our forwards. The defenders did well today.

Either play Roughead on the ball such as in the ruck, ruck roving or go to Box Hill. Sorry to be blunt but kicking one sort of clutch goal per game if that; does not cut it. Big Boy may agree with his leadership ignoring his hand slap. Anyone notice this? Perhaps I am reading too much into that but he to be honest has been really poor all year for someone of his ability. Impey has been very impressive again. Burton and O'Meara good. Hardwick a gun. Tough and skilled. Frawley very good I thought and Stratton also most of the game. Smith good but did a couple of really crap things as can't kick on his right foot. Late in the game was running forward, had players up the ground and stopped only to go around to his right foot and dribble it along the ground. Costly mistakes.

Bit of bagging of Isaac Smith here. Geez that guy runs hard. Nothing anybody says here could diminish my respect for him. He's the sort of player who can get the rebound 50, the inside 50 and the goal all in the one play. Not only that, he's such a talented finisher in front of goal from anywhere within 60m. I thought he had a good game despite one or two shanks.

Did you know?

Isaac Smith has reached over 22 uncontested possessions in a game 10 times during his career, and Hawks have won 9 of those games.
Interestingly enough Omith bagged his own game in the post game interview. Said his skills were way off

Are you serious?? You gotta be kidding right? These guys have been up for 9 weeks, even we had poor wins against struggling teams in our great era. Take off the glasses, we have senior players that are and have been cooked since round one last year.
Take off your own glasses. You want to vent, so you invent some nonsense about them playing their worst game of the year, a statement supported by no evidence at all for the sole purpose of making our own efforts seem even worse than they were.

They played as well as we allowed them, and vice versa. They were a bit better, unfortunately.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back