Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great win by this club!

Early in the last I knew we'd done enough and what a relief that was. We aren't contenders in 2019 but the close finishes have been a) difficult and b) nerve-wracking. I think Clarko should be happy with our ability to hang in there, even when we're a little out-classed

We ask a lot of Gunston and he's struggled with our expectations this year. But damn we look good when he fires

Contested marking reminded me of a Jazz piece. Someone played a Cegsophone solo. Pitto was O so close to 10 marks and didn't take any.

Solid team win in TAS conditions that made attractive footy difficult. Great to see Gunners back up and running.
Particularly happy to see TOB looking at home in his current role.
Pitto, while I love his willingness to be aggressive in the contest, lacks the hands and mobility atm to be damaging.

Wingard played a very selfless, team game today. It would’ve been easy to try and attempt something spectacular or go for goal at every opportunity to try and look great on the highlight reel.

He worked hard for his teammates by doing the tough, little things and it resulted in a great win against his old side.

Good signs that his focus is on the right things. A mindset that seems to be less about “look what you lost, Port!”, and more about “look what you got, Hawks!”

The improvement of TOB has been one of the season's highlights.

giphy.gif

Breust didn't kick a goal, yet I thought it was one of his better games for us. Thought he was fantastic, seemed to be everywhere and had a hand in a fair few of our goals. Not bad for a bloke who's lazy!

He seemed to be in everything good. Great punkin

I love Pittonet’s aggression at the ball but he has the worst concrete hands of any Hawthorn ruckman i have ever seen. Will never go to the next level unless he can start clunking a few
He does ok at VFL level. Don't underestimate what slight contact can do to any footballer. I'd rather have him dropping a few, but tackling hard, then taking a few more grabs but being a witches hat around the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can teach marking.

Pittonet vastly better than we hoped and will be better for the run.
Was in danger of a delist according to some.
Clearly a keeper. Excellent project backup ruck option - can come in, give 100%, and bruise up several opponents.

Could be Mumford style if he can get his hands right. Morrison brings little, Jiath should come in for him as has more ups.

Pitto was far more agile than I've seen him at box hill. A couple of times the ball hit the ground and he was first down there grabbing it. Getting rid of opponents and then hitting up a team mate. Was quite impressed.

He does ok at VFL level. Don't underestimate what slight contact can do to any footballer. I'd rather have him dropping a few, but tackling hard, then taking a few more grabs but being a witches hat around the ground

We needed some more midfield biff. Make the foe keep an eye peeled and jumping at footsteps round the contest. Never underestimate the long term impact of a real slamming tackle or flattening bump on a mid. Remember Rough v Hannnebury in that 14 GF... Hannnebury never really recovered.

A big enforcer helps developing kids from getting pushed off the ball so easily.

At least we know Pitts will never be a Witch's Hat.

Wingard played a very selfless, team game today. It would’ve been easy to try and attempt something spectacular or go for goal at every opportunity to try and look great on the highlight reel.

He worked hard for his teammates by doing the tough, little things and it resulted in a great win against his old side.

Good signs that his focus is on the right things. A mindset that seems to be less about “look what you lost, Port!”, and more about “look what you got, Hawks!”
In saying all this, I picked him for the Goalkicking Comp & he’s flat-out burnt me with this team-first play crap.

Frankly, his teammates would’ve been forgiving if he’d maybe snagged one for himself before doing the team thing, but I’ll not be selecting him again in any of these knockout comps if he’s gonna be this unselfish & unreliable...

Pitto was far more agile than I've seen him at box hill. A couple of times the ball hit the ground and he was first down there grabbing it. Getting rid of opponents and then hitting up a team mate. Was quite impressed.
No questioning Pitto's physicality and I loved seeing that but by God he squibbed alot of marks today and needs to learn how to take those if he wants to get more senior games

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back