Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Was wondering if anyone is mystified at the continual dropping of Howe and O'Rourke, whilst players continually doing intermittent clangers/disappearing out of game like Lewis, Langford, Hill, and TOB.
I've watched both these young guys live and esp with Howe, note they are silky with decision choice but are never given a solid spot for weeks on end to build experience. I'd actual argue Howe has more potential silk and upside than both Langers and Hartung...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That game turned out more or less as I had expected. If anything we were closer to them at the end than I thought we would be. Given the extenuating circumstances, I place no weight on how we played and will wait to see how we go over the next few weeks to assess where we are at. Mitchell with 14 touches when he is averaging 33 this year, says everything you need to know about the team's head space this week.

This may be the nadir of our season. The boys will adjust to Rough's new reality (as humans are hardwired to do) and I think we may start to play a bit better each week from now on. Hodgey will come back, and we probably won't lose a game for over a month.

I may be wrong and we may be irreversibly sliding from the summit of Everest. If that is the case, I feel so lucky to have been a fan during this club's amazing journey over the past few years, and a few down years coming up is absolutely inevitable after we have scaled such heights. We have won as many or more flags in the last 3 years as 10 of the 17 other clubs have won in their entire existence!

I BLOODY LOVE THIS CLUB!!!

Last edited:
Absolutely.
As I said to one person, would finding out your best mate is possibly terminally ill going to make your work performance better or worse? Then multiply that out to 21 others, if just 1 or. 2 are sub par, then your gonna struggle against a good Team.
People watch too many movies

Why are people trying to score points over this? Seriously, it could have gone either way. Not surprised we looked flat, wouldn't have been surprised if we played a blinder either.

Think the high ball comment wasn't against Punky but his team mates taking the wrong option

So did I. That's why I pointed out I thought he had a great night all things considered.... I.e. being killed by umps and team mates all night.

Plain and simple you said the bloke "can't" have a game like that. You questioned his leadership. You were annoyed by what he dished up.

You clearly don't understand how hard the week has been. You don't understand the psychological impact. I don't think you understand preparation.
Both Jordy and Junior were nothing short of courageous to get out there and have a crack tonight considering their circum stances and the issues they are dealing with.

Do you think Clarko was going to say in a presser "yep... We're stuffed... We'll wallow for the rest of the season and what may be will be"?

And as I said, I'm not disputing the human component, I'm taking the emotion out of it and focussing on what I watched as a collective. Nothing more, nothing less. Jordan was rubbish, as was Cyril, that's a fact. Jordan has been poor for the majority of the season so despite what he is currently faced with his form has been concerning for the most part.

Brand 1 posi in 3 qrts
Chill out dude, KB has played 3 games, spent time on Buddy, Tippett and Sinclair who all weigh more.than him and are his height or taller.
All have more AFL experience and tippett and buddy have been bearing people more experienced all year.

Despite all of that Brand did a lot of good things beyond his 3 games

Brand was great, saved our arse on quite a few occasions. We certainly have a long term answer for that KPD post, he has been everything I hoped for.
Needs rapid improvement in his closing speed and ability to kill the high ball and some extra urgency as well, but what he has got going for him is his ability to read the play, if he works very hard on his weaknesses we might have found a player.

Once again, I'm talking about the game in isolation.. Nothing more, nothing less. I understand how difficult the week has been, it's been so hard on so many levels but why can't we seperate what's happened and just discuss the game. Isn't that what Clarko said? Everyone needs to move forward? It's not being disrespectful by doing that. And if you read my post I made note about how hard the week has been.

You are a special type of stupid to not understand what's going on here.

I can tell you as fact that Lewis was 50/50 to play tonight. He's not in a good place and neither are his team mates.

So go ahead and assess the game in isolation but you are completely delusional if you think that our boys are robots. They all did us proud tonight - show some empathy and humility ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish some of you could consider the human side to what happened this week and what is ahead at our footy club.
Yes, they are professional athletes and paid extremely well for what they do.
Yes, they should've won tonight bar some poor execution.
But FFS, didn't this week teach some of you that there is more to life than slating blokes on a forum that are doing it tough atm?
And it's more pathetic to do it when tonight was the beyond blue game too.
They turned up like professionals, did the best they could and who really gives a shit about the result of a football match.
Grow up and think about someone else for 10 seconds and the emotions and feelings they are going through!
Some of you don't turn up to work with a sniffle, these blokes turned up under terrible circumstances and deserve your praise and support!
Don't say you support this club, Rough and his Hawthorn family then kick them when they are down. That's bullshit!
Great post.
Not being sarcastic.
Quite a few of your posts over a period have been negative and very harsh on players.
Keep up the good work.

Not sure what to say about tonight? I suppose the Rough illness did get to them. I don't think i have seen such a lack lustre, poor game like that in the last 5 years. Their minds were elsewhere, they had to of been?

I'm not sure I get this whole "we'll play one qtr of footy and try hang on the other 3" mentality.

And someone please tell me what the hell Ceglar was thinking? Don't like to individualize, but that I'm afraid cost us of any chance of winning the game and I agree that Hill needs to go back to BH.

But anyway, I think we are seeing the end. Back to the days of going to the footy and hoping we win rather than knowing.

AFL website headline: Buddy's final-quarter heroics inspire Swans over Hawks

That's taking the piss a bit isn't it? Those last two goals were superb, but he was pretty well held by Frawley for most of the night.

As others have said, I'm pretty happy with the boys. Tough week, showed a lot of fight. 14 point loss is pretty valiant.

Still shaking my head at Ceglar though. Not blaming him for the loss, but that was a complete brain dead decision under no pressure whatsoever.
It's been the easy report for years back to when he was a Hawk.
Gets a goal or two late after the game is won but those goals are the winners in the media's eyes.
Used to feel sorry for Roughy and the other boys when Buddy got bs credit now I just roll my eyes.

Tippett is a gun. Make no mistake about it.
People saying Shoey has to come in would you mind telling me who he replaces ... If it's Toby or Siciliy I can't agree. These two are going to be stars...

True but spread the load a bit. and spang usually plays well against sydney

Once again, I'm talking about the game in isolation.. Nothing more, nothing less. I understand how difficult the week has been, it's been so hard on so many levels but why can't we seperate what's happened and just discuss the game. Isn't that what Clarko said? Everyone needs to move forward? It's not being disrespectful by doing that. And if you read my post I made note about how hard the week has been.
So the week has been a emotional turmoil for the players but you cannot give the players any slack. You cannot have the game in isolation from emotion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back