Preview Hawks vs The Cola Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously! How does this have Smacks??? of desperation clearly both are right to go or they wouldn't get picked. Two good footballers in most peoples eyes (clearly no player outside of Hawthorn can play according to 90% of your posters) coming back from injury. Just because they happen to be coming back this week means shit. Its May FFS. You guys are seriously worried me thinks. Don't waste time and energy posting absolute codswallop.

Need to remember where you are
Quite a few on your own board blowing their load on the return of the big boys - wander back over there and join in the party, this one is a private one

Fwiw - Tippett hasn't played forever and on return cracked a rib - yep, he is ready to go

Lots of talk about how Hawthorn will defend a Sydney forward line that has never played together, and not much talk about how Sydney will defend a Hawthorn foward line with 3 of the competitions top 6 goal scorers.
Not an issue. Their midfield will comprehensively smash ours to the point where we may be lucky to score at all.

Great response. Got your self some credibility there.
Listen mate, I don't get too concerned, unlike some, when opposition supporters come and post on our board. But if you do, be prepared to cop a spray when you upset someone. If you're not prepared to cop it then don't post here.

My god, Swans supporters are with out question the most insufferable supporters in the league.

Respect us, respect us. We are amazing, why aren't you respecting us. Seriously **** off.

Plenty of Hawthorn supporters think that this will be a tough game. But many are rightfully confident. We are the reigning premiers. Currently sitting on top of the ladder with a percentage of 180%, and with an average winning margin of 70 points. Playing better football this year, then in 2013 our premiership year.

Also there are plenty of Swans supporters that believe their vastly superior midfield, will smash ours resulting in a comfortable Sydney win.

Sydney could very well win tomorrow as they have plenty of talent in their team. But if Swans supporters want their egos stroked, they have come to wrong place.

My god, Swans supporters are with out question the most insufferable supporters in the league.

Respect us, respect us. We are amazing, why aren't you respecting us. Seriously **** off.

Plenty of Hawthorn supporters think that this will be a tough game. But many are rightfully confident. We are the reigning premiers. Currently sitting on top of the ladder with a percentage of 180%, and with an average winning margin of 70 points. Playing better football this year, then in 2013 our premiership year.

Also there are plenty of Swans supporters that believe their vastly superior midfield, will smash ours resulting in a comfortable Sydney win.

Sydney could very well win tomorrow as they have plenty of talent in their team. But if Swans supporters want their egos stroked, they have come to wrong place.

THE perfect post.

I am really looking forward to seeing Langers and Boxer hopefully step up, despite Sydneys patchy form so far this year, this will be a good test for the midfield newbies and part-timers.

While I am not a Tippet fan, if the syds can get a balance worked out, they are going to cause teams some problems if both him and bud can get some mojo going.
I am glad we are playing them in their first game together, where hopefully they will be scrappy as heck.

Everybody is talking about how the Sydney tall forwards are going to destroy our defence but have they given any thought as to how poor their defence is?

Who do they have to match up on Rough, Gunners, Hale, Rioli, Bruest, Poppy or even Schoe is he wanders down there for a kick?

We have won quite a few games over the last few years with scorelines along the lines of say 140 - 90 and I think we might see this tomorrow night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are the reigning premiers. We are currently on top of the ladder. We are the hunted.

Very happy to have Franky & Tippett in the same side. Both haven't played together, Tippett is under done, both have injury clouds hanging over them & the spotlight will firmly be on the both of them. Their surnames on paper will not beat our game plan on the ANZ Stadium. It does wreak of desperation.

We will do what we do without fuss. We will win the game & then worry about Port. Let the media bang on about their talls ... We will negate them. We are too versatile. We are a much more focused & unified team this year. Thanks for that Franky!

A champion team will always beat a team of COLA cheating, plastic champions. Hawks by 4 goals!

Considering Tippett has not played any sort of football since the pre-season, or probably earlier, to say that he will be underdone is a gross understatement.
If Longmire is stupid enough to play a seriously underdone player in what will be their biggest challenge to date, then more fool him.
He had a hit out in the reserves a few weeks ago where he looked really good, only to discover a cracked rib. Also with the injury to Pyke last week we can't really expect Derickxkxskx to do the rucking for the whole entire night against two very good ruckman in McEvoy and Hale.

Good luck tomorrow night should be closer than some think
Are you serious!!! Its you gentleman/ladies that are tipping an easy win just look through your thread and see how many of you have tipped 100 + point win. How about showing some respect for your opposition. Dont peak too early its only May

Just worry about winning 1 of the next 4 rather than us peaking to soon, we will be top whilst you stragglers will be scrapping the arse out of the top 8.. Now pi$$ off.

So their midfield is going to dominate ours despite not having done that at all in our 3 games last year when they had Mumford and Pyke? Now they only have Derickx and possibly Tippett to ruck against an in form Hale and McEvoy?

We usually win clearances and midfield battles sharking taps from the opposition ruckman and beating opposition mids to the ball. It's only going to be better for us now that we have the stronger ruck combination at our disposal to put the ball where we want. We got to play against an inferior ruck combination last week and it turned out pretty well for us.

"Stretch em down back" hey Longmire?
...coz no-one's thought of that before...

That whole stretching the backline sounds like the plan of a 12 year old or someone who barely analysed our team and gameplan. Sure Lake is a big loss and they'll try to exploit it but throwing a bunch of talls in for the sake of it could backfire heavily. On the other hand Tippett has played well against us and we all know what Buddy can do so it could work out for them.

That whole stretching the backline sounds like the plan of a 12 year old or someone who barely analysed our team and gameplan. Sure Lake is a big loss and they'll try to exploit it but throwing a bunch of talls in for the sake of it could backfire heavily. On the other hand Tippett has played well against us and we all know what Buddy can do so it could work out for them.

The truth will be stranger than fiction for John Longmire and his Sydney loving cronies.

Seriously! How does this have Smacks??? of desperation clearly both are right to go or they wouldn't get picked. Two good footballers in most peoples eyes (clearly no player outside of Hawthorn can play according to 90% of your posters) coming back from injury. Just because they happen to be coming back this week means shit. Its May FFS. You guys are seriously worried me thinks. Don't waste time and energy posting absolute codswallop.

You moron. As I've said previously the Swans and their incoherent and deluded fans need to ensure you win enough games to play finals, you blokes have been embarrassed multiple times this season and tomorrow night could very well take the cake.

Shut your gob, watch the game, pray a little bit and hope to god you don't get the mother of all hidings. It's going to be a red faced bunch of soulless Sydney slum supporters tomorrow night.

Both boards are underrating the other side. Hawthorn is the best side right now and I doubt many would argue with that but we are only into round 8. Sydney have started sluggishly, and perhaps won't turn out to be as good as pre season predictions, but I still believe they will ultimately be a top 4 side. Looking purely at the 22's tomorrow night Sydney have there best so far this season and hawthorn are missing 2 very crucial players from last weekend. Sydneys forward line has never played together and you would think there will be some teething problems. couple that with the fact Tippett is playing his first game of the season and Goodes and Reid there 3rd and 4th and I think the hawks have the slight advantage.

Should be tight most the night with the hawks running over the top by 2-3 goals.

They couldn't beat us in 2013 I don't see why we will lose to them tomorrow. They have beaten the 2 bottom teams in the last 2 weeks and the media have hyped up the fact they are back. I call bullshit, we will be the reality check for them tomorrow night.

<rant>I know its not Bay 13 but I ****ing hate the swans more than any other team. They get leading teams to come and make up some bullshit about Bloods culture, what a total crock of shit. Like Freo they play a brand of football that is overly defensive and ****ing boring to watch. I hope we smash them by 10+ goals for the good of AFL.</endrant>

I'll be honest I don't think we will beat them by as much as some in here might think.

At the same time we have won 7 of the last 10 against them, toyed with them last year and are currently the team in superior form, and by some margin so it is fair to say Id be bitterly disappointed if we were to lose this one.

Having said that we did our best to hand them one in 2012 so let's hope we do not have a repeat of that disaster tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back