Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general feeling over there has plummeted quite quickly over the last couple days. They've gone from having it in the bag to now blaming the umpires for any possible loss. Not even talking a few posts, actual pages of them. There's even a thread about what their weaknesses are and despite all the media claiming they have no obvious weaknesses the way that thread reads makes you wonder how they got this far.

Some of them might just be trying not to jinx themselves. Others happy to predict 40+, 60+ and 80+ wins.

Their fans are the weakest in football, the Brisbane Lions (of all teams) have a thread to this very end on their own board.

Its actually quite pathetic really

Last edited:
Just asking if all hawk fans can get loud this week!!! Pretty please!! Let's get right behind them and make them know this is our turf, also what's everybody's thoughts on giving Campbell Brown a large cheer when he does his lap with the retiring lap?? I never hated browny after he left and he only left for money and his body was cooked, the decision for him to leave was though because he had brown and gold in his veins.

:rolleyes:Not to mention Hawkk, all the hype about their supposed superior defence......They played GWS twice & Freo & Geelong only once, with both being in Sydney....Their supposedly statistically superior record to ours, is built upon smoke & mirrors.

Lets call a spade a spade!

I await the day when Hawthorn plays Geelong away from home ;)

For shits and giggles.

FB: M.Suckling B.Lake B.Stratton
HB: L.Hodge J.Gibson G.Birchell
C: B.Hill S.Mitchell S.Burgoyne
HF: L.Breust J.Roughead I.Smith
FF: P.Puopolo J.Gunston D.Hale

R: B.McEvoy W.Langford J.Lewis

I: L.Shiels M.Spangher B.Sewell T.Duryea

Missing and that I wouldn't mind in:

Tier 1: C.Rioli J.Ceglar

Tier 2: J.Simpkin

The more I look at it, the only suitable sub I can see is Shiels and he doesn't have the pace to make an impact even though he has been so good all year. Anyone able to make a case for Sheils as a sub?

Premierships are built for defence so the idea of Duryea and Suckling as a sub is just stupid.

Breust and Puopolo are our best small forwards fully fit, both physically and match fitness.

Senior players Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Sewell and Lewis are needed. Sewell likely player to be subbed out at 3/4 time.

With Buddy, Tippet, Goodes and Reid in the Swans forward 50. Lake, Gibson, Stratton and Spangher are all need. Spandher able to move forward if any injuries to Gunston and Roughead, and Hodge to punch above his weight and take Goodes or Reid.

Simpkin is a good sub but is it suitable to Shiels? Is Cyril a better choice as a sub if Shiels is the other option.

Man this is hard.

And if Rioli was to play I'd rather see him line up at Full Forward and hope for a 2011 vs Freo performance than him as the sub.

This will work for us just like Freo's 'pressure' last year.
Get on us at $2.40 - especially with Sportsbet giving money back if we lead in the last quarter then lose.

Provided there is no major setback during the week, I expect that the odd's will shorten to something more like 2.10-1.70

Just asking if all hawk fans can get loud this week!!! Pretty please!! Let's get right behind them and make them know this is our turf, also what's everybody's thoughts on giving Campbell Brown a large cheer when he does his lap with the retiring lap?? I never hated browny after he left and he only left for money and his body was cooked, the decision for him to leave was though because he had brown and gold in his veins.

Browny knew his time was nearing an end, went for the shared interests of him and the club. We got David Hale, he got a comfy ride out. Much like Mark Williams (helping us get Shaun Burgoyne, and getting paid a couple of hundred k per goal), he was cooked, and made something for both himself and the club. Make some noise for Browny. :thumbsu:

Big boy in for Cegs, he really needs to help hale hurt pyke. Quite Literally.
Rioli in for the 3 goals he kicks in the last quarter to win us the match. Obviously
Sewell in to belt the gooses

Yep....McEvoy, Sizzle & Sewell are all well rested, refreshed & primed for the Big one.....The difficulty lies in who to leave out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you waiting for something that has already happened 48 times. Why do Sydney supporters know so little about the game and its history?

According to the Sydney-siders in the know, footy history only began from 2005 onwards!;)

Why are you waiting for something that has already happened 48 times. Why do Sydney supporters know so little about the game and its history?
Sadly they are delusional imbeciles. I did my doctorate in sydney and every single denizen I met in that hole was a complete moron.

Must isolate Richards at every opportunity. He's not the rock in the heart of defence that he once was for Sydney. Looking very vulnerable and the only weak link in the chain I see for Sydney's defence.

McEvoy's ruck work.

Cegs still has some learning to do and has struggled a little in the last couple of weeks. But has surely had his best season to date.

There is only one way to get experience and that is play, but there is more at stake in this match than in any other match Cegs has played in this year.

BB already has some finals experience and a big body, as well as some reasonable form in the twos.

So what would you propose that we do?

I am glad that I do not have to make the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back