Preview Hawks vs The Roos - changes, discussion, Majak Daw sightings etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a little bit dismissive of a wounded kanga
They have beaten Sydney, port, Geelong if I recall correctly

Sydney at the start of the year doesn't count! Port was a fluke and Geelong are only any good against us. FWIW - Injuries are the ONLY reason the Swans and Port beat us, we get them both at the MCG both teams close to full strength and we wipe the floor, make no mistake about it. Our team this year is so well rounded and balanced, the only slight concern we have is in defence, some teams seem to score well with low inside 50s but that's something we can fix with minor adjustments through the midfield.

When was the last time we lost at Etihad? I can't even remember? It's to bad that our supporters don't like going there, we never lose.

Yes. When the good North turns up they are very good.

I think the only hope North have of being the "good" North is if they have Wells and, to a lesser extent, Ziebel in the team. Keep Boomer quiet (Shiela) and let Gibson chop it up 120 times a game. He is like a poor mans Dane Swan at AFL level. Loved him at BH though.

Unfortunately, with all that is going on, I don't think Magic Doors will play. Every time I have seen him in their forward line he has made it look an incoherent shambles.

Sydney at the start of the year doesn't count! Port was a fluke and Geelong are only any good against us. FWIW - Injuries are the ONLY reason the Swans and Port beat us, we get them both at the MCG both teams close to full strength and we wipe the floor, make no mistake about it. Our team this year is so well rounded and balanced, the only slight concern we have is in defence, some teams seem to score well with low inside 50s but that's something we can fix with minor adjustments through the midfield.

"Injuries are the only reason"

You run with that, I would prefer to pay our opposition a little more respect

I laughed and laughed and laughed. I see what you were getting at. Very witty indeed.

Thanks! These guys weren't so amused. o_O

newdaily_010614_brentharvey.jpg

When was the last time we lost at Etihad? I can't even remember? It's to bad that our supporters don't like going there, we never lose.

According to some painful research. We lost to the Dogs Round 3 2010, we drew with the Saints Round 17 the same year. We have won the last 10 straight games at "Docklands"...

"Injuries are the only reason"

You run with that, I would prefer to pay our opposition a little more respect

I DO NOT respect Shitney what so ever, what is there to respect? A manufactured footy club that's been handed a top 4 spot with concessions and an easy draw every year? ZERO RESPECT.

Port need to deliver on a more regular basis but I do indeed respect the way they go about their footy, however it is with my wisdom that I believe injuries were the contributing factor in our loss. Geelong? Well they always beat us, I don't like them either, I struggle to respect people/teams I dislike. I'm a fairly abrupt person, I love the the us against them mentality, I think it stems from some of my best coaches as a kid and as I came into senior footy. I always tended to have the 'hard' coaches, the school of hard knock types, it ingrained in me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't there a way to purchase all the games online? Through the AFL site? I'm moving to the UK in a few months and need this for next year.

Hoping to see Mitchell named to replace Rioli. If not Mitchell, then either Ross or Langford.

Stratton to give Lindsay Platform a bath and Roughie to kick a few on Scragger Scott. Shiels to tag either Harvey or Dal Santo.

Prediction: Brad Scott to whinge about anything and everything.

Isn't there a way to purchase all the games online? Through the AFL site? I'm moving to the UK in a few months and need this for next year.

Yeah mate

https://watchafl.afl.com.au/auth/login

Its $25USD a month. I have been in Korea for the last 3 months and its fantastic. You can also watch every game from the last 2 years.

Needless to say the last quarter of last years prelim has had a few runs. . . .

Here's hoping The Birch is right to go and Sammy makes his long awaited return!

Round 16
North Melbourne v Hawthorn
Friday 4 July
Etihad Stadium, 7.50pm

B: Schoenmakers Lake Stratton
HB: Burgoyne Spangher Birchall
C: Smith Lewis Suckling
HF: Puopolo Gunston Hill
F: Breust Roughead Hale
Foll: Ceglar Hodge Shiels
Int: Litherland Duryea Sewell Mitchell
Emergencies: Ross McEvoy Simpkin

In: S.Mitchell
Out: C.Rioli (Hamstring)

Round 16
North Melbourne v Hawthorn
Friday 4 July
Etihad Stadium, 7.50pm

B: Schoenmakers Lake Stratton
HB: Burgoyne Spangher Birchall
C: Smith Lewis Suckling
HF: Puopolo Gunston Hill
F: Breust Roughead Hale
Foll: Ceglar Hodge Shiels
Int: Litherland Duryea Sewell Mitchell
Emergencies: Ross McEvoy Simpkin

In: S.Mitchell
Out: C.Rioli (Hamstring)
Great side. Praying for no injuries now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back