Preview Hawks vs Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm bit stiff on Langers, but I guess from a coaching perspective, you have Sewell and Shiels who are both more experienced taggers when they are given that role. Might just be a case of too many "negating" players at the min.

I'm still a little sad that it looks like Woodward will miss out this season. He might still show up, but its looking unlikely due to the growing queue in front of him. Still, happy he's playing consistent games at BH.

I don't think Sewell is a tagger in any shape, I haven't seen him been given a lock down role, sure you are responsible for someone but as tagger he certainly is not. Shiels is now moving through the levels as a midfielder within footy circles, was probably considered a bit part player who could run with the opposition, now however he is getting the respect as a more polished, goal kicking type of a mid. Shiels really has A grade written all over him.

I don't think Sewell is a tagger in any shape, I haven't seen him been given a lock down role, sure you are responsible for someone but as tagger he certainly is not. Shiels is now moving through the levels as a midfielder within footy circles, was probably considered a bit part player who could run with the opposition, now however he is getting the respect as a more polished, goal kicking type of a mid. Shiels really has A grade written all over him.

Don't dispute that about Shiels. I think the Shiels of 2-3 years ago was the "tagger-only" class - he's definitely a better-rounded mid now. Im just stating that he can play that role if required, and is more experienced than Langford (not taking anything away from Langford). Either my mind is playing tricks on me, but Sewell was highly regarded several seasons ago as one of the best taggers in the league, rated alongside Ling in his ability to completely shutdown players (around 07-08 he was owning in his shutdowns against Judd n co)

Anyway, my point was that both players have played tag roles in the past. Shiels last season, and early this season was in that tagging role. Perhaps Bolts is just trying to find a better balance in the mid this game, in comparison to the game last week, which lacked tackling pressure and clean disposals. I'm just speculating why Langers was dropped, as I thought he actually played well last week.

Who is there to tag in the WC midfield at the moment? If Priddis get the ball, 50% chance he turns it over. The other few will find it difficult to get the ball if we have guys like Sewell, Sheils, Hodge and Burgoyne around the ball.

Don't dispute that about Shiels. I think the Shiels of 2-3 years ago was the "tagger-only" class - he's definitely a better-rounded mid now. Im just stating that he can play that role if required, and is more experienced than Langford (not taking anything away from Langford). Either my mind is playing tricks on me, but Sewell was highly regarded several seasons ago as one of the best taggers in the league, rated alongside Ling in his ability to completely shutdown players (around 07-08 he was owning in his shutdowns against Judd n co)

Anyway, my point was that both players have played tag roles in the past. Shiels last season, and early this season was in that tagging role. Perhaps Bolts is just trying to find a better balance in the mid this game, in comparison to the game last week, which lacked tackling pressure and clean disposals. I'm just speculating why Langers was dropped, as I thought he actually played well last week.
Sewell hasn't regularly played as a tagger since about 2006/07. They ran him with a couple of players last year during his form slump and he couldn't stick with them. Too slow these days.

Ha ha, you heard her hesitation when he asks if she's coming to the game on Saturday?
She's thinking "not Box Hill again, I've been going there for 6 damn years!"

And then the emotion when she finally gets the message.
It's just brilliant.

She did far better than I did - I would of said about bloody time :oops::D

Sewell hasn't regularly played as a tagger since about 2006/07. They ran him with a couple of players last year during his form slump and he couldn't stick with them. Too slow these days.

He was a tagger, a pure tagger at times early on. That's gone now as the game as sped up and he's slowed down, but he came into the team as a regular on the back of that.

Remember him running down Judd in Judd's hey day, from behind no less?

Those were exciting times for Sewell and us.

We going into this match with Ceglar and Lowdan and Ruff up againts Cox and Nat Nat???
When I heard Cyril Lewis and Spanger were back my first thought was wow that's a good side then I remembered both Macavoy and Hale are out..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Lowden is so excited about playing tomorrow. Don't think I've heard of someone as excited as he is. Good Luck Luke, show em what you've got..:D
As you'd expect given how long he has had to wait. Just some names of players that were drafted in the same draft as he was...

Nic Naitanui, Stephen Hill, Hamish Hartlett, Daniel Rich, Jack Ziebell, Ryan Schoenmakers, David Zaharakis, Rory Sloane, Liam Shiels, Shane Savage and plenty more that have played well over 50 games and some over 100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back