Hawthorn 2007 Trades/ Drafting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said mate... It is about time our supporters face reality. It annoys me when all they do is make excuses and come up with stupid comments to protect players under the microscope.

Perfect sumamry of players up there. You only left out one- VANDENBERG.

Stop sticking up for him- he is useless. Like i said earlier. Never in my life of following football, over 20 years, have i seen a player that whenever goes near the ball something bad happnes- he consistently turns it over, makes the wrong decision and is simply not good enough. All everyone keeps saying is how good his leadership skills are off the field. So what???? His performances and leadership on-field are a DISADVANTAGE
Nah, Vandenberg is there. Alongside Dixon and Smith mate. I think only one will go though, as we lack experience.

I was wondering if there would be any clubs that would be interested in Danny Jacobs.. I think that coaches have decided that he doesnt fit our needs anymore.

Just incase people don't know, Danny has just had a big op on his hip which has troubled him all year. Short memories for those that bag the bloke after last years hammy being ripped off the bone, oh and his fractured jaw. Its funny when supporters demand loyalty yet are prepared to get rid of someone who's played under distress and given his all for the club.:mad:

Just incase people don't know, Danny has just had a big op on his hip which has troubled him all year. Short memories for those that bag the bloke after last years hammy being ripped off the bone, oh and his fractured jaw. Its funny when supporters demand loyalty yet are prepared to get rid of someone who's played under distress and given his all for the club.:mad:

Good on yer mate! Perhaps if the clubs weren't so worried about subterfuge and actually conveyed some of this info to the members and supporters we might not be so quick to spend as much time bagging players with our 'expert' opinion.

Ppl are forgetting we don't suck anymore! And we're not near the bottom of the ladder. Maric will be gone before we have a chance of picking him up.. probably! ;)

Mojo think you will find Maric probably will still be around by our pick, seems alot of clubs wont be interested given his height and the fact that he hasnt played a whole lot of time rotating through the midfield, despite the fact he is an a grade finisher. I would prefer we trade away draft picks and/or players to get an early draft pick and grab Rioli, the guy has electric pace, can find the goals and can play through the midfield. Id be willing to let Taylor and Jacobs go along with our 1st round draft pick in order to get the bloke, trouble is i dont think anyone would be interested in Taylor or Jacobs. If we cant get our hands on Rioli then we def need to consider Maric

I reckon I've seen enough here if we are talking about selling off Tails as a part of a swap for a draft pick.

FFS, yes he is clumsy, but he actually has more upside about him than all the rest put together.

He is a late starter in an area where most blokes his size are late developers anyway.

He needs another year before anyone casts judgement.

He really could be the goods, he has already made some matchwinning moves this year.

I reckon I've seen enough here if we are talking about selling off Tails as a part of a swap for a draft pick.

FFS, yes he is clumsy, but he actually has more upside about him than all the rest put together.

He is a late starter in an area where most blokes his size are late developers anyway.

He needs another year before anyone casts judgement.

He really could be the goods, he has already made some matchwinning moves this year.

First off, who exactly makes up the "all the rest put together" that you are talking about
Lets put it into perspective...Tails has 2 years experience/development on Hamish McIntosh, a guy who is being talked about as a potential AA this yr...and yet despite admitting Tails is clumsy you want to give him another yr to develop to a standard similar to McIntosh...who in a yrs time will undoubtedly have developed too. Taylor may be handy a tap ruckman, unfortunately that is no longer enough to crack it at top level these days, if we can offload him to another club lacking ruck stocks in order to secure Rioli, who would fix a def problem in our forward line, we would be crazy not too. With Bailey being back in the picture next yr there is the possibility that Taylor to struggle to get a game, may as well offload him while he still has some value in the market.

Going to be quite interesting.

IMO where we have been beaten this year is when a quality ruck gives us a bath. Both Cambell and Taylor are good 2nd string ruckmen.

Not sure where Bailey and Renouth are re making an impact next year. Of all the AFL rucks that may be available could only see Hille being available. Not see enough of him to know if he's the answer. (can't see them letting him go).

Bailey and Renouth need to be fast tracked. From the little I have seen of Boxhill he seems very agile for 200cm hope he can jump and take on the bigger unit for 2008. (could see him coming in for Taylor in Saturdays game)

Pick 12 in the Draft?

Or so I believe.

Sad that we're focussing on the draft again now that our season is over, but hey, here's our chance to potentially pick up a 'Joel Selwood' who might give us just that extra little bit that might see us win a Grand Final next year.

Who would we look at? Any names that anyone wants to throw up?

What kind of player?

Best available or pick for needs?

Re: Pick 12 in the Draft?

Or so I believe.

Sad that we're focussing on the draft again now that our season is over, but hey, here's our chance to potentially pick up a 'Joel Selwood' who might give us just that extra little bit that might see us win a Grand Final next year.

What kind of player?

Best available or pick for needs?

Phil the Hawks will lose that pick as part of the Judd trade. Judd is coming to Hawthorn I am totally convinced. Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood are dreaming.

Phil the Hawks will lose that pick as part of the Judd trade. Judd is coming to Hawthorn I am totally convinced. Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood are dreaming.

Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon and before that North Melbourne are the sides that are so desperate that they have to poach other sides champions to make up a premiership challenging side.

Only Carlton with their salary cap cheating ways have made it stick in the last twenty five years.

It's not the Hawthorn way H2F and never will be. We find and produce our own champions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or so I believe.

What kind

Well I hope you have seen I don't sprout shit on here, I have my reasons. Remember when I first said this in May everyone was saying there was no chance he was leaving WA.

Judd will come to the Hawks because we have great coaches, a great list and culture.

Right, Im quite sure Judd would not be at the Hawks based on the lads principles. Part of the reason Cousins was fired for 16 weeks was Judd demands to the board.

Judd walked into the office of Woosh and Nisbett and demanded he get the help he needed or he would walk, resign, quit.

Nothing would have happened had Judd not done this.

I dont believe Judd would jump from the frying pan into the fire. He's a smart man.

Right, Im quite sure Judd would not be at the Hawks based on the lads principles. Part of the reason Cousins was fired for 16 weeks was Judd demands to the board.

Judd walked into the office of Woosh and Nisbett and demanded he get the help he needed or he would walk, resign, quit.

Nothing would have happened had Judd not done this.

I dont believe Judd would jump from the frying pan into the fire. He's a smart man.

Every club takes the stuff mate, it's just that the a certain club was the media snipe for the month.

There is more to this than meets the eye. I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

No there isnt, you are just hoping.

Check H2F's strike rate with his predictions.

Pretty damn impressive. Either he's got inside sources or is related to Nostradamus.

Personally, I think it's the latter.

Either way, i'm certainly not going to write it off given H2F's record with predictions this year.

Mate, Im sure you've got something bubbling on these boards. But I can promise you Judd will not be at Hawthorn in the next 2 years at least.

LOL... Don't stop there, your good value mate. Tell me how you can be so sure, and why the two years?

The Hawks have the cap space, Clarko has expressed his desire since he started to trade for a star in year 3, the players have made noises all year about Judd (which would only echo the sentiments of the direction of the club) etc, etc.

The only argument is the trade, and Pelchin is the master.

If Judd wants to come, he will come.

LOL... Don't stop there, your good value mate. Tell me how you can be so sure, and why the two years?

The Hawks have the cap space, Clarko has expressed his desire since he started to trade for a star in year 3, the players have made noises all year about Judd (which would only echo the sentiments of the direction of the club) etc, etc.

The only argument is the trade, and Pelchin is the master.

If Judd wants to come, he will come.

Why wouldnt they? He's the best player in the game, if you do secure his services he wont be worth it. His groins are shot.

Lol, you're good value too ;)

2 Years? You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn 2007 Trades/ Drafting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back