• Yes

Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And a good O'Meara to you :p. Just an idea but maybe Vickery can hire Jake King to make Clarko give him a game sometime. With no 1st Rounder this year and XXXX retiring , the end is near at the Hawks , so it's actually the North Melbourne forum you should study so you can see what you will become.

That statement is always true...

Insert random year and select from Crawford, Dew, Hale, Lake, Guerra, Bailey, Sewell...

Or for fun change retiring to leaving Hawthorn and select from Mitchell, Lewis, Hill, Buddy, Kennedy, Suckling...

Gotta love Hawks supporters - getting excited because now it seems they've only traded Pick 10, Pick 21 and Pick 36 for Pick 7 and Pick 52 to get a player that can't get on the park.

Great going fella's!!!
Yup they obviously bent us over, just like Essendon with us getting Carlisle and them getting Parish.

Its true I telks ya.

Gotta love Hawks supporters - getting excited because now it seems they've only traded Pick 7, Pick 21 and Pick 36 for Pick 10 and Pick 52 to get a player that can't get on the park.

Great going fella's!!!
Yup they obviously bent us over, just like Essendon with us getting Carlisle and them getting Parish.

Its true I telks ya.

Interesting comments fellas, however I won't nominate a winner on the Hawthorn trade until David King gives his informed opinion

They have surprised me , I didn't think they would be this good . Thought they would finish second last . Besides Sydney they are the form side . How do they manage to win away from home so often ? I think we have over rated our team . We are just a middle of the road team at best . Apart from gws and Richmond we have beat no one of value . We are almost as bad as Port . Port are lucky they have a soft draw as they are forth now but still haven't beaten a side in the eight.
Firstly, I don't think the Saints are overrated on here, just very congested at the bottom of the 8 and some lax performances here and there have just pushed you out. Your team is still looking good long term if you can hook a big fish to add a bit of flare and x-factor to break games open IMO.

Secondly, Hwaks changed the way we played about 6 weeks back and we look like a completely different side. We WERE looking like bottom 4, but it seems like the new plan is working. That's Clarko for you.

I think you were closer to the mark than you think.

Gotta love Hawks supporters - getting excited because now it seems they've only traded Pick 7, Pick 21 and Pick 36 for Pick 10 and Pick 52 to get a player that can't get on the park.

Great going fella's!!!
Nah, we just honestly don't mind too mich because Vickery has been a barrel of (very expensive) laughs!

In the least 'cocky' way I can possibly mean when I say; We have a lot of faith in the club and coach to get it right, so not too many of our supporters are worried we lost a top 10 pick on a bad trade when we haven't had one for five plus years come good anyway and look where we have been, we have had four of the last ten premierships.

Don't forget we also got Mitchell, a brownlow smokey, for pick 16 in the same year. Obviously this trade wasn't a win for us, but hey, not much to complain about over here.*

*Except Vickery, wtf was Clarko thinking...

Last edited:
Firstly, I don't think the Saints are overrated on here, just very congested at the bottom of the 8 and some lax performances here and there have just pushed you out. Your team is still looking good long term if you can hook a big fish to add a bit of flare and x-factor to break games open IMO.

Secondly, Hwaks changed the way we played about 6 weeks back and we look like a completely different side. We WERE looking like bottom 4, but it seems like the new plan is working. That's Clarko for you.

I think you were closer to the mark than you think.

Please keep winning, it helps our season, and i don't want you tanking on our behalf.

Great going fella's!!!

Maybe this trade will get you two premierships

That would be great for you guys

We owe you for Ben McEvoy - thanks again

Forgive the intrusion but I truly do not understand this thread for a few reasons.
1. Even if Hawthorn were to somehow win the premiership you guys still dont really lose the trade.
2. This draft is by all accounts as shallow as a contact lens so any pick outside of the top one or two is going to be a lottery so pick 8,10,12 or whatever is really of equal worth. (You didn't seriously ever think it would be a top two did you?)
3. You guys will almost certainly trade it anyway!!!

Btw. Congratulations on the great win over the Tigers tonight.

Not to be rude but my app doesn't reveal the club each poster supports, so to get a context of any outsiders who come onto the Saints board, I always check out their posting history. And so I checked out yours. It seems you might be a Hawks supporter, which figures, but...

...it also seems that you might be a huge fan of conspiracy theories such as Flat Earth, ISIS is bullshit, Hitler was invented, etc

So I'll take your opinion on our picks, your picks, AFL and reality with a pinch of salt.

If you want to discuss this further, meet me at the eastern-most edge of the earth at the date and time of your choosing. I'll bring the unicorn pie.

Not to be rude but my app doesn't reveal the club each poster supports, so to get a context of any outsiders who come onto the Saints board, I always check out their posting history. And so I checked out yours. It seems you might be a Hawks supporter, which figures, but...

...it also seems that you might be a huge fan of conspiracy theories such as Flat Earth, ISIS is bullshit, Hitler was invented, etc

So I'll take your opinion on our picks, your picks, AFL and reality with a pinch of salt.

If you want to discuss this further, meet me at the eastern-most edge of the earth at the date and time of your choosing. I'll bring the unicorn pie.
Im a bay13 poster.
I do follow Hawthorn.
If you actually read my posts on the conspiracys and nutjobs boards you would see Im only there to troll the hell out of them.

The earth is round.
ISIS are murderous religious extremist scum.
Hitler was a monster and all too real.

Unicorn pie sounds delicious but I hear they are hard to catch.
Apparently to make one appear you just need to believe the impossible can happen.
Like faries making you garlands, or mermaids singing you lullabies... or that you would ever get a top three pick out of Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a bay13 poster.
I do follow Hawthorn.
If you actually read my posts on the conspiracys and nutjobs boards you would see Im only there to troll the hell out of them.

The earth is round.
ISIS are murderous religious extremist scum.
Hitler was a monster and all too real.

Unicorn pie sounds delicious but I hear they are hard to catch.
Apparently to make one appear you just need to believe the impossible can happen.
Like faries making you garlands, or mermaids singing you lullabies... or that you would ever get a top three pick out of Hawthorn.
Keep fighting the good flight over there mate. Don't waste your time here.

Oh, and go learn about cause and effect whilst there.

Ciao.

IMO we don't win either the 2014 or 2015 premierships without that trade

So I think it was a terrific trade

Thanks again
Could have had Rioli rucking and you eould have won the flags.

Mac is a very good ruckman though and in all seriousness you guys won that trade hands down.

Hows JOM working out for you again?

IMO we don't win either the 2014 or 2015 premierships without that trade

So I think it was a terrific trade

Thanks again
Ohhhhh.

So sort of like how going Jelwood over Thorpe would've got you more premierships?

Could have had Rioli rucking and you eould have won the flags.

Mac is a very good ruckman though and in all seriousness you guys won that trade hands down.

Hows JOM working out for you again?

Too early to tell on JOM

Played more games than next years first round pick I think

But No I don't think we win either 2014 or 2015 without McEvoy so thanks again

Ohhhhh.

So sort of like how going Jelwood over Thorpe would've got you more premierships?

I have no idea what impact Selwood over Thorpe would have done

Might have then missed Cyril the following year - who knows

I'm quite ok with how we've gone since the 2006 draft though

Good to know you think we've underperformed

Too early to tell on JOM

Played more games than next years first round pick I think

But No I don't think we win either 2014 or 2015 without McEvoy so thanks again

I have no idea what impact Selwood over Thorpe would have done

Might have then missed Cyril the following year - who knows

I'm quite ok with how we've gone since the 2006 draft though

Good to know you think we've underperformed
Never said that ranga. Move along now.

Too early to tell on JOM
O’Deara; seems O’Meara can’t get out of first O’Geara. Perhaps he'll come good next O’Yeara. And then Bruce can call him special while sounding all O’Queera. But there is an a real O’Feara that the end could be getting O’Neara.

Bad luck, but don’t expect us Saints to shed an O’Teara.

We’ll be too busy watching our Hawky gift picks and downing another O’Beera

O’Deara; seems O’Meara can’t get out of first O’Geara. Perhaps he'll come good next O’Yeara. And then Bruce can call him special while sounding all O’Queera. But there is an a real O’Feara that the end could be getting O’Neara.

Bad luck, but don’t expect us Saints to shed an O’Teara.

We’ll be too busy watching our Hawky gift picks and downing another O’Beera

Gold Coast said his knee was OK, but i'm sure it was a Bum Steera.
They are paying him in dollars but they wish it was o'Lira.

Really looking forward to tonight's game. We can't really lose

Hawks lose and it knocks them out of an unlikely finals series once and for all giving us a top 10 pick. If they make finals and win one we could end up with pick 12-14, whereas at least the pick is locked if you don't play finals.

Swans lose and it makes it a bit more difficult for one of the teams we are competing against for finals. As good as they have been going, theyre still only on 10 wins at the moment with games against Geelong in Geelong and Adelaide in Adelaide to come.

Let's hope for a bruising encounter

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Hawthorn 2017 1st Round Pick Watch

Back