News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Mark Robinson: HAWKS’ SPIRIT:

“Media types and experts make some embarrassing calls in football. Everyone’s hands are up. That the Hawks were apparently ‘tanking’ last season, after they stripped their list to rebuild, is, as Will Days said, “laughable”. Inside a year and a half, Hawthorn has amassed a list and program which shows that with adept recruiting and development and smart coaching, the rebound can work quickly. The Hawks have several emerging stars, led by Will Day, but they also have a spirit underpinning their performances, which surely can be sheeted home to the leadership and coaching of Sam Mitchell. The players bring it, but Mitchell demands it. The brand is all-in, do your role whatever it is, and never stop fighting. For a team in rebuild, that’s all you can ask for if you’re a supporter. In the madcap final quarter on Saturday, and after a high-octane first three quarters, the Hawks landed 19 tackles and their pressure was 213. That pressure number was their third best in a quarter for the year. They kicked 4.4 to the non-scoring end and three times wrestled the scoreboard their way after giving up the lead. You can smile about the emerging moniker of being the ‘rascal pack’, but it’s real and contagious. The tanking call now looks utterly ridiculous.”

Mark Robinson now on board, and a nice little dig at Barrett.

The tanking call now looks utterly ridiculous.”

I would have gone with "The tanking call, ridiculous at the time, is now even moreso"

“Media types and experts make some embarrassing calls in football. Everyone’s hands are up. That the Hawks were apparently ‘tanking’ last season, after they stripped their list to rebuild, is, as Will Days said, “laughable”. Inside a year and a half, Hawthorn has amassed a list and program which shows that with adept recruiting and development and smart coaching, the rebound can work quickly. The Hawks have several emerging stars, led by Will Day, but they also have a spirit underpinning their performances, which surely can be sheeted home to the leadership and coaching of Sam Mitchell. The players bring it, but Mitchell demands it. The brand is all-in, do your role whatever it is, and never stop fighting. For a team in rebuild, that’s all you can ask for if you’re a supporter. In the madcap final quarter on Saturday, and after a high-octane first three quarters, the Hawks landed 19 tackles and their pressure was 213. That pressure number was their third best in a quarter for the year. They kicked 4.4 to the non-scoring end and three times wrestled the scoreboard their way after giving up the lead. You can smile about the emerging moniker of being the ‘rascal pack’, but it’s real and contagious. The tanking call now looks utterly ridiculous.”

Robbo hates Barrett so he’s having some fun with that

POV: Another week of being told how good Hawthorn are going

Penelope Cruz Pabloescobar GIF by LoveIndieFilms
Caption: They love me… they really love me 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Scrimshaw, the SEN champion data guru had some stats that does Scrimshaw a lot of justice:

If the Scrimmers bus gets any fuller I may have to upgrade to a double decker!

He's always had the elite offensive ability. Combine that now with his ability to play as a KPD and thats a hell of a mix.

I actually like him, he played a game of cricket with my old club, had a function night and was drinking with everyone. He is quality as a bloke.
Have met Llordo and can wholeheartedly agree with this, takes banter better than most non-celebrities I know. Great bloke.

Just had to throw that "Can they keep it up? Probably not." in at the end there, didn't he. Couldn't speak too positive of us.
Purple patch blah blah, other teams will work us out blah blah, our recent centre clearance scoring dominance not sustainable blah blah. Give a little more credit to an emerging young team ffs! Whatever reason Montagna has jumped right of us! I heard him mention on the weekend that it was a surprise how well we were going compared to the Kangas because he claimed we had equal talent. What an absolute joke!! Blind Freddy could see our depth of talent is far greater than the Kangas.

Have met Llordo and can wholeheartedly agree with this, takes banter better than most non-celebrities I know. Great bloke.
Yeah, def overhated within the community. People only see the personality from the outside. He embraces it and was a super enjoyable experience, not sure about his skulling ability however.

Purple patch blah blah, other teams will work us out blah blah, our recent centre clearance scoring dominance not sustainable blah blah. Give a little more credit to an emerging young team ffs! Whatever reason Montagna has jumped right of us! I heard him mention on the weekend that it was a surprise how well we were going compared to the Kangas because he claimed we had equal talent. What an absolute joke!! Blind Freddy could see our depth of talent is far greater than the Kangas.
Been mentioned a few times why Montagna is off us.....bad timing on his behalf too

As Montagna pointed out; we went from the very worst to the very best in one specific area of the game quite rapidly, whilst highlighting the adjustments we made to help achieve this.

If he can work it out then you can bet other teams would already be looking at ways to try and stifle us.

It's hardly unreasonable to ask whether we can keep that kind of scoring efficiency from centre clearances up.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back