News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

They could've chosen 5 others reasons as to why our form has spiked. They've chosen free kicks. Which in turn should influence the umps to look out for it.

They're flipping scared.

Fk em.

What ever the free kick count for high tackles is now, should be doubled. The umps have missed a fair few .

Can you believe we took Xavier Ellis in that draft before Pendles?

Can you believe we took Xavier Ellis in that draft before Pendles?

As in - it was that long ago! (nothing against X man)
Impressive longevity. Blokes like Cyril, Isaac Smith, Poppy, Stratton all started their careers after and have finished up already. Sheils and Gunners probably will too. Maybe Breust.

As in - it was that long ago! (nothing against X man)
And X man now looks like a slightly chubby accountant whilst Pendles still looks like a lean and fit athlete in his prime.

Just shows that to get to 400 games you need a level of focus and professionalism that is another step up again from the average AFL player along with having good genetics.

And X man now looks like a slightly chubby accountant whilst Pendles still looks like a lean and fit athlete in his prime.

Just shows that to get to 400 games you need a level of focus and professionalism that is another step up again from the average AFL player along with having good genetics.
Loves his beers. Not a huge fan of his new podcast, but It's Time for a Beer was great. Him cracking open tinnies while interviewing Hawk champions

I assist with a charity at a Bunnings BBQ. Earlier this year (January) out comes Pendles and one of our chaps said "like a snag Scott" as we saw him leave the store all loaded up.
Pendles said not on my menu chaps.
He disappeared to his car, and we thought nothing more.
Scott returns to our BBQ tent and said, "Here is a donation for your charity" and handed over a generous contribution.
I said to him "sure you wouldn't like a snag".
His reply with a wide smile "I said it's not on my menu"
I congratulated him on their Premiership win and he said, "Thanks very much" and went back to his car.

Edit - realise this is off topic - apologies

Last edited:
Why do so many of you get so wound up about the one or two segments/articles that aren't oozing praise?

Rather than the overwhelming majority that are?

Lifes too short to not relish times like this. I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Because everyone should be praising us all the time, forever!

You're right.
But recruiters, who are weighing up their choices in the lead up to the draft and on the night - every year - and trying to decide whether they should take, for example, Ellis or Pendlebury, would inevitably revisit past drafts and think .. if only.

From memory Pendles was seen a bit of a surprise selection at that number.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assist with a charity at a Bunnings BBQ. Earlier this year (January) out comes Pendles and one of our chaps said "like a snag Scott" as we saw him leave the store all loaded up.
Scott returns to our BBQ tent and said, "Here is a donation for your charity" and handed over a generous contribution.
I congratulated him on their Premiership win and he said, "Thanks very much" and went back to his car.

That's what I mean when I am talking about elite professionalism.

Imagine having the willpower to turn down a Bunnings snag!

I love these anecdotes even if not Hawthorn related, so don’t mind them popping up at all, thanks.

He then picked up a raw, unpeeled onion, and bit into it like an apple as he walked back to his car.

This was very positive from Ash Klein... he must read BigFooty !

"As mentioned last month, we remain on track to surpass our membership record and achieve some of the biggest crowds we have ever reached during a home and away season. With some early planning for 2025 already underway, we’ve had some very promising conversations with the AFL and broadcasters to ensure the brown and gold are back on prime-time slots next year!".

"As mentioned last month, we remain on track to surpass our membership record and achieve some of the biggest crowds we have ever reached during a home and away season. With some early planning for 2025 already underway, we’ve had some very promising conversations with the AFL and broadcasters to ensure the brown and gold are back on prime-time slots next year!".
Heard there will be a lot more Thursday night footy next year. I'm hoping we can get a good share of those. Best thing about playing Thursday night is that it would result in plenty of Friday nights and Saturdays too due to the breaks between games.

This whole prime-time slots thing does my head in.
In part, the imbalance in fixturing and in turn, TV broadcasts, is balanced through maximising the TV rights which is then distributed to the clubs.
However, we get zero additional distribution because of our financial strength so we actually get reamed twice this year!

I can't blame the AFL though because the clubs accepted it.
Its f****** rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back