News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Awful optics here. Terrible organisation (club should have changed the date as soon as conflict with PCM was known); but still no excuse.

Hope the two boys go above and beyond, run the clinic (or multiple) again for the kids - maybe even get involved in the junior club concerned. Not just a "sticker pack" apology

Awful optics here. Terrible organisation (club should have changed the date as soon as conflict with PCM was known); but still no excuse.

Hope the two boys go above and beyond, run the clinic (or multiple) again for the kids - maybe even get involved in the junior club concerned. Not just a "sticker pack" apology
“He was in tears most of the day and said it was the worst day of his life.”

One of the stupidest stories I've heard reported all year. I heard Jacqui Felgate mentioning it in the lead-up to 4 pm. She and 3AW made it sound like a drug saga had just broken. A complete media beatup trying to tarnish the club's name and truly sensationalized reporting. There is nothing to this story other than I imagine Ginnivan and Watson have the same management, and they made a bad mistake in scheduling a football clinic the morning after the Peter Crimmins Medal (obviously tired and probably had a few drinks) and this early in the offseason. I doubt even our most professional and experienced players would show up to a clinic the day after the Peter Crimmins Medal.

It's no wonder Ginnivan was caught using illicit substances in the Torquay Hotel when the media are on his back like this. And I don't necessarily like Ginnivan and how he acts. Yes, Ginnivan and Watson should do something considering people paid money, but the kids can grow a bit of resilience out of all this. Jack Ginnivan and Nick Watson have done nothing wrong whatsoever. Complete and utter rubbish story if I've ever heard one.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back