Autopsy Hawthorn loses to Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Check this shit out I just received in my inbox... Gralin Abasi please ban this scum.... Joking about cancer. Which Geelong shitbag is this?
tNpf5R8.png

Hopefully everyone settles down with the trading for a gun player to fill our gaps talk.. we need to get not just one but TWO picks inside top 15-20!!!
Adding a couple of high picks to go with what we have now, would be really good for us going into the next three to four years..

To some it may seem like an overreaction. But, if we finish outside that 8 again (as it looks) what makes anyone think our list would be good enough to bounce back next year? Sadly, and primarily due to an amazingly successful journey, we just have very few high end talent coming through.

We may very well need to hit the draft.

To me it all depends on Tom Lynch.

The comp is as weak as it’s ever been so if we can get a genuine A grade forward we may be able to build the pieces around him to be competitive for finals and maybe a flag.

If no Tom Lynch then build around Tom Mitchell, he’s young enough to take a few years out the finals rebuilding through the draft. Then we can add layers through fre agency and trading.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:huh::p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

THRASHED. BY. BRISBANE! LOLOLOLOLOL
HAHAHAHa !!!!!
You guys got touched up by HAWTHORN!!!!

Brisbane played great and we played poorly, it's not all doom and gloom just yet. Some of you need to harden up. Things can turn around pretty quickly. Just look at the Eagles and North.

We make changes and move forward. Kids in bed time to have a drink. Who will join my for some whiskey?
Already on that wagon my friend.

Check this shit out I just received in my inbox... Gralin Abasi please ban this scum.... Joking about cancer. Which Geelong shitbag is this?
tNpf5R8.png
Making jokes about cancer, shameful. Obviously this posters parents did a bad job raising him. Friendly banter is one thing but that is disgraceful. Shame on his parents, especially his mother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After ugly wins against St Kilda and Essendon I suggested our record flattered us and that we were actually playing some really ordinary footy. I was howled down as being a negative nancy. Anyone care to apologise now? Abasi?

I didn’t watch the game today but not surprised we lost. I think I’m awesome and would like to talk about myself.

Making jokes about cancer, shameful. Obviously this posters parents did a bad job raising him. Friendly banter is one thing but that is disgraceful. Shame on his parents, especially his mother.

Should be banned, cant believe he has only copped a suspension...

This is not the year we are/were going to win the flag. Ease up a bit. Shit happens.

We are probably expecting too much of some of these really late picks - Cousins in particular. He was a rookie for a reason.

Our bottom six are not quite up to it (yet) and maybe won't make it. For now, we KNOW we have a few gaps in the list. Still trying to find the balance with the cattle we have. A few probably need to call it a day but we need games into a some of the kids before that can happen.

Morrison, Mirra, Cousins, Worpel and Lewis haven't even played 20 games between them. Except for maybe Morrison, I expect none will be anything more than depth. Lewis has a long way to go, but happy to give him a chance.

Not this year, guys. Need a draft or two before we can challenge.

There was a lot to take out of todays game, I probably overrated our squad and certainly thought our structures held up better than what occurred today.

Things I was wrong about -

Brand - I gave him more credit than he deserved, I genuinely believed he had better ability as a defender, certainly in terms of killing the high ball. As it stands his papers are just about stamped, both he and Chip are not the answer, they are both inept.

Full ground structure - I really believed that we had the best structured side in the league, that despite our lack of genuine star power that Clarkos genius in his ability to get us to structure up would carry us a long way. Today we where out-coached, out hunted and outplayed from the 15 minute mark of the 1st quarter by a team that had a 100% losing record in it's last 10 games. There are clear issues.

Belief that our small forwards manic pressure is elite - Well that was a myth or a falsehood, really not worth a pinch of salt after today.

There are a few things that stick out to me -

* Our footballers are physically weaker and leaner than the rest of the league, the trend is heavily weighted to thick brutes through the middle of the ground, our guys are getting skinnier and skinnier and it shows.

* We lack key position players on every damn line, we don't have a genuine quality key position either forward or back on this list, not one single player.

* Our young wave of players are not elite, we have some foot soldiers who can contribute but these guys are not elite. I am talking about the Cousins, Worps, Howe, Morrisons etc. They are solid role players but we do not have elite youth.

Lastly, let's pray to the lord above that JOM has a genuine calf strain and it is completely unrelated to his knee, never has it been more blatantly obvious that we need another elite mid to stand up and support Titch. The investment in Jags was huge, it was massive and we desperately need this talented guy to come good and come good really soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn loses to Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back