News Hawthorn player questioned over sexual assault allegation - No Names, etc; UPDATED: cleared (9/5/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Toxicology" testing only works if you know what you're looking for. Contrary to popular science, you don't get a mass spectrometer going "bing! Rohypnol!"

Really?

Initial serum or urine testing tests for classes of drugs, such as amphetamines, opiates, benzodiazepines etc etc. One a specific class of drug is detected, then specific testing is done... It's pretty simple really.... Basic testing is done night in, night out in your local emergency department for quick diagnoses... As u could imagine, in comparison, forensic toxicology assays are a little more accurate and specific

The Herald Sun is pushing this sort of irresponsible journalism:

"as sources also suggested her drink could have been spiked."

What sources? Some guy on Big Footy? A person who saw her at the bat? A bloke at the Herald Sun? The journalist themselves?

That statement from the Hun, the way it's worded with all of those escape hatches - could... sources... suggested - could be sheer opinion the way it's worded.

Guys, this is ****ed.. I'd be gutted if it was the Cats under the microscope like this but, as much as I can empathise with fellow supporters, I think your players (all of them) will be feeling it more. If I was a moderator (and I'm not) and this was on the Geelong board I'd shut down the thread, post a locked thread in the forum that expresses regret and explains the board has no interest in any discussion or speculation on the alleged incident and will wait for the outcome of any investigation before further discussion is warranted. That's what your club is doing. In short, as ****ed as it is (and I'm not trying to belittle the situation) it is also a non-issue in many ways until the investigation is finished or charges are laid.

Guys, this is stuffed.. I'd be gutted if it was the Cats under the microscope like this but, as much as I can empathise with fellow supporters, I think your players (all of them) will be feeling it more. If I was a moderator (and I'm not) and this was on the Geelong board I'd shut down the thread, post a locked thread in the forum that expresses regret and explains the board has no interest in any discussion or speculation on the alleged incident and will wait for the outcome of any investigation before further discussion is warranted. That's what your club is doing. In short, as stuffed as it is (and I'm not trying to belittle the situation) it is also a non-issue in many ways until the investigation is finished or charges are laid.

Appreciate your sentiments.

We figure people need to talk about. And this is a forum after all. At least this can be a place that's 'hawthorn friendly' to post.

N
Appreciate your sentiments.

We figure people need to talk about. And this is a forum after all. At least this can be a place that's 'hawthorn friendly' to post.

Guys, names of the alleged players have been mentioned on another seperate post....

It was up for such a short time fortunately. I am in Perth and heard one of the names very early on.....

I think I've seen our entire playing list named over the past few days in posts across the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge having one too many drinks is apparently what has led us to this moment :rolleyes:

The crap I've seen posted..... If it wasn't so serious, it would be a comedy

Hodge having one too many drinks is apparently what has led us to this moment :rolleyes:

The crap I've seen posted..... If it wasn't so serious, it would be a comedy

Yep, it's quite clear some posters are revelling in the fact that we are having off field issues and care nothing for the parties involved and only about point scoring, a bit sad really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it's quite clear some posters are revelling in the fact that we are having off field issues and care nothing for the parties involved and only about point scoring, a bit sad really.
It's pretty shallow. For a second I thought, I somehow stumbled into the Bay when I was actually on the mainboard.

So if the girl entered the house because 'plausible reason B' was reality, that absolves our players of any wrongdoing? What are you trying to say?
Absolutely not and how dare you infer that.

FFS do we really need to add a disclaimer to our posts lest we be accused of sypmathy for sexual predators???

If she was in full control of her faculties it would have been extremely bizarre for her to leave the relative safety of a cab after being sexually assaulted WHILST fearing for herself and proceed inside.
Hence either she wasn't in fear AT THAT POINT or she wasn't in control of her faculties.

NONE OF THIS ABSOLVES THEM OF ANY WRONG DOING IF THE ALLEGED INCIDENT HAPPENED.
ADD IN ANY OTHER DISCLAIMERS REQUIRED TO ASSURE PEOPLE I DONT SYMPATHISE WITH SEXUAL PREDATORS

Last edited:
Bloody hell use you're imagination mate, I know it's hard for some supporters to fathom that our players may not all be angels but it's worth taking the goggles off once in a while.

So what your saying the 2 accused dragged her from the cab into the house ? If thats true they are in big strife...

The Herald Sun is pushing this sort of irresponsible journalism:

"as sources also suggested her drink could have been spiked."

What sources? Some guy on Big Footy? A person who saw her at the bat? A bloke at the Herald Sun? The journalist themselves?

That statement from the Hun, the way it's worded with all of those escape hatches - could... sources... suggested - could be sheer opinion the way it's worded.

That's journalism in the 21st century. I always thought there were defamation laws in this country but it doesn't seem to apply to the media for some reason.

Like I said before, fhey post crap, then blame the parties in question for not immediately surrendering every bit of information, for forcing them to print such crap. Its a togh job but someone has to do it

Like I said before, fhey post crap, then blame the parties in question for not immediately surrendering every bit of information, for forcing them to print such crap. Its a togh job but someone has to do it

There is a process that has to be followed. Certain protocols that need to be adhered to.

All parties have a right to due process regardless of what the media and the general public think.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i think whether she was drugged is an issue
and by whom

I suspect the entire case comes down to this. Especially if all the witnesses say both were drunk.

Next problem is, what if the player also claims he took a pill. Both under the influence and both willing participants - but she had a case of buyers regret the next day. He wouldnt have been tested at the time. He cops a drug policy strike but avoids a serious crime.

These things are always messy but will be a trainwreck now it involves powerful groups.

Rights advocates are going to get involved soon as well.

i think whether she was drugged is an issue
and by whom
You forgot to add the obligatory "watch this space" that you ran with on the scandals board.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn player questioned over sexual assault allegation - No Names, etc; UPDATED: cleared (9/5/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back