NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
The details that these players and their partners have given are pretty clear. That is one of the hardest reads I have had for a long time. "Zac" makes a good point about the over representation of privileged young men on draft day. How many times have we heard "he comes from a good family".

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt need to be banned. Like a teacher fiddling with the kids. They were directly involved including driving around to the players' homes and intervening in contact.

This A. O. Neville level s**t. Disgusting trash humans.
Who the hell is Morris Rioli? is she saying Maurice?

You would think that anyone with half a brain would consider the generations of trauma that Aboriginal peoples all over Australia carry thanks to the stolen generation. To forced marriages breaking the kinship system, to removing of family members. To even hint somebody should or shouldn't be with their families is akin to making a rape joke with someone you know is a rape victim or who lost someone dear to them in a murder-rape.

I'm not going back through the comments in this thread cause I have some time away with family members. The family I am staying with are leaders in the community and have worked to help rebuild the community following genocide -> dispossession -> exclusion -> wanton disregard for inter-generational trauma.

That beneficiaries of typical British genocidal settler colonialism will minimise and obfuscate the ongoing barriers to participation, let alone a return to cultural self-determination or ancestral property rights, is par for the course. However, it gets tiring after a while and there are many cases that it is just too raw to bother reading/listening to or helping you see reason. It is not like there haven't been decades of discussions where Aboriginal people have been trying to inform you what has occurred. There is literally no excuse anymore. A disregard for the extra efforts required to redress the balance of history suggests a combination of things about you.

• You are happy for wealthy elites from technological powerhouses to psychotically trash human diversity all in the name of increasing wealth and power.
  • You don't rate the rights of other people to live in peace and develop their own culture as they see fit.
I actually can't be bothered typing more. Just don't be one of those "move on" idiots. The damage that has been caused to Aboriginal Australia is not like the victims of Rome or the Mongols. We have people living here NOW whose families are still dealing with the fallout. People who have had their identity and their curated wealth stolen from them. These people were then dehumanised with the invaders having power over their families and keeping them excluded from major economic centres.

Anyhow, I'm waiting to see the fallout of this. There certainly must be "a there" there otherwise Clarkson and Fagan would not have stepped down.

Also, some people are claiming that members of the Rioli family have receipts.

View attachment 1514858
Who is Morris's Rioli? Do they mean Maurice Snr? Or Cyril

Neither has Gil based on the interview he just gave on ABC.
Gilligan at Andersons floor coverings looking for A bigger carpet, all the crap that has gone down has been all on his watch

My bad, I read "to assist" as in facilitating the independent investigation from an AFL POV. In fact it meant he will be scrutinised by the independent investigation. I re track.
Here is the copy & paste from the AFL to see how "to assist" could be misconstrued.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan confirmed the league would form an external four-person panel to conduct a thorough investigation into the matter.
On Wednesday evening, the league announced that AFL Commissioner Andrew Newbold, who served as Hawthorn President from 2012 to 2016, had taken a leave of absence to assist in the independent investigation.
Interesting that Newbold was on the commission that decided North's draft assistance. Deciding that North only get help to bring in players whilst knowing that our ability to do so was about to be undermined by a scandal he was implicated in. Thanks Andrew and Gil.

Let me start by saying under no circumstance do I condone the allegations. Disgusting of remotely true.

However has there been any context delivered. Is there a chance someone has tried to take on a father figure type role and had concerns a player had gotten themselves into a situation with someone that may jeopardise his future and told then to seriously consider all options at the present time?

It may have been delivered extremely poorly but those conversations happen between parents and child all the time in similar situations

Hawthorn’s former player development manager has stepped down “indefinitely” from his role at a prestigious Melbourne private school amid the fallout from a report into alleged racism at the club.

Caulfield Grammar emailed parents on Wednesday night to inform them Jason Burt, who was previously Hawthorn’s player development manager, had taken a leave of absence from his position at the school.

And you think your swans are immune. The difference between Hawthorn and other clubs is Hawthorn has actually had a look at their past and their wrongdoings have come to light as a result. Sometimes moving forward and making progress is painful.
I think every club has to build a positive, inclusive culture. Being unsociable might work for a while on the field but there is inevitably casualties to that approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The president of it is only thinking of his media career post footy. Thats it.

In all seriousness the PA should have taken the media to task this year over the constant nonsense Giniven stories let alone the more serious problems historically. They arent just toothless, its nothing but an illusion of unionisation. They do literally nothing of substance
Snout in a trough comes to mind, but that’s the AFL pr machine, it was interesting yesterday how long it took fix and c7 to mention the story after it broke on the ABC , we’re they being briefed bu AFL HQ first?

Lol what a load of s**t being unsociable was an on field thing it has nothing to do with what happened.
I get that that is what YOU think happened. I have a different opinion. It seems to me that the Hawthorn coaching group had a ‘take no prisoners’ approach on and off the field.

Last edited:
Seems odd to me that Clarkson and Fagan weren't interviewed as part of the external review. Does anyone know why?
It's the way of the modern world.
You look for corroborating evidence to support your perceived ideas.
All journalists do it too.
The 90% believe that there's no way a study or report could be tainted like that, and the other 10% don't care

The reality of the game being infiltrated by private school wa$%ers who think they know best. It's been an ignored problem for years.
Yep.
League has shifted to a mindset where some kids may be viewed as too hard for the potential reward. Its a two way street, you're being interviewed for a job and an employer is within their right to assess your suitability for their organisation. But you dont want to get to this point where you paint individuals with the same brush based on background. Its dangerous profiling.
Nor do you want to get to this point where you may draft them, but seek to manipulate their lives to suit your organisation..

Let me start by saying under no circumstance do I condone the allegations. Disgusting of remotely true.

However has there been any context delivered. Is there a chance someone has tried to take on a father figure type role and had concerns a player had gotten themselves into a situation with someone that may jeopardise his future and told then to seriously consider all options at the present time?

It may have been delivered extremely poorly but those conversations happen between parents and child all the time in similar situations
Undoubtedly, but Clarkson is not in the position to act as a "father figure", he's simply a football coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back