NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Congratulations on the "win" North fans. Let it out. Celebrate. Must feel good. You sure showed him.
This reads the same way that Russel Jackson replies on Twitter lol

Getting a laugh out of this is not very cool.
Think about the report and what happened instead of barracking for your football club.
Hood saying she believed Clarkson was pretty disgraceful imo.

I was laughing at you!

I’m laughing more now!

You must be fun at parties…

My take is: Those others have been smashed. Sonja got away with "I'm really confident in his side of the story", which was a bizarre and inappropriate thing for her to say. I think that's what put Sonja in the rifle hairs.

A bit like the Eddie 'Proud" comment - everyone knew he was saying that he was proud that Collingwood had commissioned the report and were going to move forward to tackle the issue, but he got smashed for "proud", due to his previous stuff ups on the issue.
Yeah but he has a history of being a ****wit.

What's NDA?

Basically an AFL bean counter will estimate how much it will cost to fight a legal case over this, and the corresponding hit they’d take from lost marketing opportunities. Then the AFL legal counsel will sit down for “mediation” with the guys making the allegations, and offer them about 2% of the total aforesaid costs to never speak of it again.

What's NDA?
Non Disclosure Agreement = Swept under the rug = AFL preferred outcome & scrutiny.

I'm sure it's the angle AFL House prefer.

It's a whitewash.

It's also a rubbish "resolution".

THe other reason for the tweet could be to put pressure on North so they're more reluctant to have Clarko start early. How long can they remain with a coach on leave? The investigation doesn't look like moving quickly enough for Nth. Kangas are going to have to make a massive call, where they just can't win, and they're going to have to do it pretty soon.
Sonja Hood is gonna do what she thinks is best for the club and then back herself to make it happen whatever the outside pressure.

One of the many reasons she has such support among North people is that she was heavily involved in the movement to stop us going to the Gold Coast. Along with quite a few posters on the North Board. She is gonna put the club and the sides interests ahead of anything else. But our best interests aren't necessarily what people from outside the club say they are.

Sonja Hood is gonna do what she thinks is best for the club and then back herself to make it happen whatever the outside pressure.

One of the many reasons she has such support among North people is that she was heavily involved in the movement to stop us going to the Gold Coast. Along with quite a few posters on the North Board. She is gonna put the club and the sides interests ahead of anything else. But our best interests aren't necessarily what people from outside the club say they are.
Good luck to her. She's got one hell of a job to navigate the club trough something that is no fault of the club. I hate Essendon and would by laughing hard if Clarko had chosen them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Non Disclosure Agreement = Swept under the rug = AFL preferred outcome & scrutiny.

I'm sure it's the angle AFL House prefer.

It's a whitewash.

It's also a rubbish "resolution".
There is also the possibility that the people involved don't want it to go further.

The Yoo-Rook Commission has offered its not inconsequential abilities here.

That's a far better option for the players and families.

I doubt the AFL and HFC would allow you-rok to do an independent inquiry. The victims may be for it though.

Why is that??
Can you show me where his stories dont have this?
Because your take, given the subject we are discussing, by your quoted statement, was incorrect.

Are you going to do the strawman now?

I doubt the AFL and HFC would allow you-rok to do an independent inquiry. The victims may be for it though.
Disclaimer: I’m not Victorian so I only know a little about Yoorrook.
But I will say that given it’s got royal commission style powers, it’s of little consequence whether the AFL would like it or not.
Just going from my small understanding of what it’s set out to do, it sounds like the closest thing we have to a perfect forum for the complaints to be heard and tested.

Disclaimer: I’m not Victorian so I only know a little about Yoorrook.
But I will say that given it’s got royal commission style powers, it’s of little consequence whether the AFL would like it or not.
Just going from my small understanding of what it’s set out to do, it sounds like the closest thing we have to a perfect forum for the complaints to be heard and tested.
I agree, it sounds positive .
it would be great to have that level of legal standing looking into the AFL with subpoena powers.
The article did say it was not sure if the commission would use its power In the HFC case.

He's doing a pretty good job of making himself look like a campaigner with his attacks on Sonja.

A BF alumni no less.
Well, Sonja has more power and standing and resilience to set him straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back