Hawthorn Training Sunshine Coast 13.12.12

Remove this Banner Ad

For our QLD Hawks on the Sunny Coast or Brisbane who may be able to attend....

The Hawks are once again headed north for pre-season training, with the Sunshine Coast in Queensland the destination for a seven-day camp.

This Thursday, for the second year running, the Club will conduct an open training session for members and supporters at the Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex.
Open-training session

• When: Thursday 13 December, training from around 3pm
  • Where: Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex, Fishermans Road, Maroochydore, Queensland
Players will be available for a limited time at the conclusion of training to sign autographs.

Please note, training is subject to change at short notice.
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/152308/default.aspx

I was able to go to their training session last year on the Thursday but unfortunately have a prior this year. Last year they also trained on Saturday but didn't advertise it. Does anyone know if this is on again this year and what time?
As we don't get any games here and haven't for years it is the only chance to see them close up unless we travel interstate.

Is anyone going to post up preseason training reports this year? The off season has lasted an eternity!

I was able to go to their training session last year on the Thursday but unfortunately have a prior this year. Last year they also trained on Saturday but didn't advertise it. Does anyone know if this is on again this year and what time?
As we don't get any games here and haven't for years it is the only chance to see them close up unless we travel interstate.

8am Saturday, Fishermans Rd.

Went yesterday arvo. They went through skill work, running, goal shooting. (Buddy sprayed the set shots but didn't miss on the snap).

Killkenny looks big, fit and ready to go, the lads are calling him "irish" on the track. He was right up there in the running drills and has a very strong upper body. Skills were good, he kept juggling the ball soccer style.

Hill is much bigger than last year and Frank looks fit. (lost the puppy fat)

All the knee victims were bandage free and were doing all activities.
Hodge, Shiels light duties with Shiels knee wrapped up in tap.

Max did most of the ruck work, looks huge.

Hale left his rug in Melbourne and was showing the lads (not much left on top)photos to come.

Smith was killing them in the running drills, I remember last year he was on a modified program.

Ratten was lively on the track and took mark of the arvo to the delight of the crowd. Think he will be a great addition to coaching panel.

Lake fit and firing.....bigger than I thought.

Anderson and Hallahan were at the back of the running packs and looked to be struggling. Feel Anderson is a long way off but hope I'm wrong.

Shem (NZ Scholar) looked like a duck out of water but is obviously a work in progress.

Suckling drilled this amazing goal that split the middle and hit the cameraman right between the eyes, who happened to be standing in a cherry picker, goal post high. The players had a great laugh and high fived Sucks for the next 5 minutes.

I'll post some pics this morning. Hawks AFL site has some video posted, surprised the videographer is still alive after Sucks drilling.

Couple of pics posted on the Hawks website. I may be imagining or Schoey may have his pump on but is looking noticably larger than last year. Surely earmarked for a 2014/15 Gorilla role, looking foward to seeing him continue his improvement on what was a good 2012. Smith typically looking like a human greyhound/fit. Woody looks in good nic. Bring on 2013.

121214_dayone7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome photos, Pic no. 25 of the 93, think it's Jed Anderson- looks like a former hawk who was more athlete than footy player ;)

25 is the right number for him if it's the one I'm thinking of. Saw the same thing in the photos, thought he'd made a return from Coburg coaching or whatever he's doing these days.

Lake fit and firing.....bigger than I thought.

Anderson and Hallahan were at the back of the running packs and looked to be struggling. Feel Anderson is a long way off but hope I'm wrong.

Brilliant work Hawker08 and greatly appreciated.

A mate went to training last week and was also very surprised with just how tall Lake is. Seeing him next to Roughead gives a good indication.

Re: Anderson and Hallahan being at the back - it is more of a worry for Hallahan as Anderson reportedly has pace.

Brilliant work Hawker08 and greatly appreciated.

A mate went to training last week and was also very surprised with just how tall Lake is. Seeing him next to Roughead gives a good indication.

Re: Anderson and Hallahan being at the back - it is more of a worry for Hallahan as Anderson reportedly has pace.

From what I saw Anderson is a work in progress. Don't need to rush him and may well be a keeper. Killkenny was the one for mine, fit, strong and skilful. Can't see him on the rookie list for too long. Geez Smith was flying on the track, along with Hill and Spang. Hallahan just seems like the classic in and under. No endurance yet or pace, probably why he lasted so long in the draft. Very solid frame though ala Sewell.

Who is the guy with the long Jesus style haircut??

And are our three international boys there?? (Kilkenny. Heatherley, Tatupu)

All the boys looking in good shape, which is a very nice sign.

Good to see our injured players are up there to get some rays!!!

Who is the guy with the long Jesus style haircut??

And are our three international boys there?? (Kilkenny. Heatherley, Tatupu)

All the boys looking in good shape, which is a very nice sign.

Good to see our injured players are up there to get some rays!!!

Spangher's got the long hair. Was impressive in the running drills and is quite tall. International boys there. NZ boys were way of it for mine but are very young and will be groomed for the future. Killkenny was the absolute standout for mine....running ability , skill , size. Looking forward to seeing him in full match practice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn Training Sunshine Coast 13.12.12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back