Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - opposition supporters coming to troll will be carded

Remove this Banner Ad

When Hawkins, Taylor, Mackie, Selwood & Lonergan are gone in 2/3 years we'll see if they can carry the same load.

They also sold the farm for Henderson, Touhy, Danger etc. if they don't get a couple of flags in the next 2 years they're also in our position however with no success.

They've had no success for 6 years. They should be in front of us in a rebuild.

I understand where you are coming from but they had 10 blokes with 50 games or less of experience, we had 8.

Worst of all, we made Zac Touhy look like a footballer, that is how bad we are going.

Well just took a 30 minute break to do some shopping for dinner (yes including a bottle of wine)

Gave me a moment to think
-watched Shayne Stevenson kick that goal at Waverley with a broken leg (urban myth?) meaning I have been around during the 90's and 00's - the last few years shows we can come back from the bottom
-have watched 12 grand final wins in my lifetime meaning for duration I am probably entitled to provide some constructive criticism but will back the club in
-umpires do not change the result but at times there are some howlers that stick - todays' against Hardwick by Ray way bad (very bad) but Darren still wins
- you can't really blame the umpires for how they umpire, blame the rule makers - they want to kept the game moving to avoid packs - my thoughts are pay the frees and the packs wont be there.

Will be watching again next week

For the Essendon supporters/posters getting their jollies. I will take the embarrassment and humiliation of our current predicament. Your club over the past 4 years has given you measurably more embarrassment and humiliation to last a lifetime so I can understand why you want to post your two bobs worth. Take it out on your own club! If you did that 4 your years ago you may not hold the grudges you currently do.

Finally Josh is now cooking on MKR - now he is the underdog

Last edited:

I know for sure St Kilda are laughing all the way to the bank at the moment.

Picks traded between Hawthorn and St Kilda last season to get O'Meara, giving the Saints the first round pick depending on where Hawthorn finish, so looking like a top 5 pick and quite possibly the number 1 pick.

So what if St Kilda have Hawthorn's number one pick. They picked Billings instead of Bontempelli and McCartin who's an overweight spud and the number one pick is currently rotting in the VFL. They've had more misses then hits in the draft.

We copped it for you know what. Gotta stick the knife in when ya can and hasnt been many chances regarding the Hawks for years.
Coming here to stick the knife in????

FFS

440px-AFL_Grand_Final_2008_Hawthorn_Banner.jpg

Sucks right now but we will get through this.

There is a lot of love for the guy and his highlight reel but in tough times he rarely if ever lifts as a senior player should.
Admittedly the forward line is struggling as one but Cyril just doesn't find a way to get into the game.
And I will not cop that he is still struggling from a corkie he received in round 1.
The above is synonymous with his entire career.

Gibbo needs the tap on the shoulder, negotiate a payout.

Shiels has never been a star and is now being flushed out with no A grade support.

Interesting to see what happens at years end.

Best game ive seen Vickery play for Hawthorn, long may that continue.

Thought we beat geelong and quite clearly after half time on the interchange bench. Thought our 4 rotating through did a good job and in the end Geelong could only rotate 3, so clearly interchange bench guys, a big well done.

Mind you, thought we were destroyed in the mids, back and forwards. Oh well cant win them all.
Did we win the little league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last quarter and a half was horrendous. There were a few blokes that weren't interested at all.

Full rebuild which means making some tough decisions. Cyril looked disinterested today and if that is the case then he will be tough decision número uno (I know this comment will be disliked by some). Given Gibbs was considered as worth two first rounders, Cyril would be in a similar boat.

There might be a few on their way out at the end of the year - Burt (Fagan's replacement) is not liked by the middle aged players and will look for a way out.

All is not well at HFC and some strong leadership will be needed to steer us through this.

Not sure why all the doom and gloom, our latest batch of young guns in Hardwick, Mitchell, Burton, Sicily and Brand were red hot and we've got kids like Stewart, Cousin and JOR banging the door down in Box Hill. Meanwhile we have a once in a generation player progressing well after 2 years out out of the game. Sure we kicked 2 goals to 11 in the last quarter, but our future is looking bright!

200w.gif

Surprised at some of the McEvoy bashing today. Thought he was one of our best - sure he can't ruck but he was very good around the ground. Some might say we are rebuilding so why play him but you can't play kids alone and expect them to learn. That's why Melbourne were so ordinary for so long - they had no one to teach the kids.

Sicily and Burton were outstanding today. Permanent fixtures for a long time. Liked Hardwick too.

Hartung and O'Brien shouldn't see AFL game time again. We need to move on from them now.

What we are seeing is how great Hodge, Mitch, Burg and co were at their prime.
Not just on-field but also off it. They were brutal and manic in pursuit of excellence.
We're also seeing how players like shiels, Breust and co were taken on a great ride, but how far away they are.
We'd be very fortunate to get both great leaders and players at once again. Infact won't happen again for a generation.
The upside will be lower lows will again result in higher highs..not just due to draft pics..rather than a gradual Richmond rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - opposition supporters coming to troll will be carded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back