Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

That is the LAST time I ever chuck a wobbly and leave the ground at half-time. I was weakened by the poor first half performance, Porkins running right past the boundary with his punchable grinning face, that finger-twirling campaigner roughing up Langford's hair like a bully from an 80s movie, and Bartel's dive. It had all the makings of an absolute belting, and in the end I behaved like a Collingwood fan and gave up. Forgive me fellas!

Watching Fox Footy, I can hear Huddo's heart weeping. And it's glorious.

I thought Stratts did some fine work tonight. Hale, too.

Yes, apparently Geelong didn't take their chances in the first half

Wow what a turn around. It's like the sides switched jumpers at half time. I reckon that win will not only give us a lot of belief but dent their confidence.

50 point turn around in less than 2 quarters is a domination. It exposed some weaknesses for them particularly when we moved the ball quickly. They looked slow in the second half.

Still plenty of upside for us with Bruest and Gunston well held and Puopolo missing some getable shots. Johnson in them will be huge in two weeks but we have Rioli to come (hopefully).

Lewis is a bona fide superstar of the comp now. He really stood up as did Langford and Birchall. Mitchell looked better and the defense was impressive. Stratton, Lake and Gibbo were awesome and Burgoyne was pure silk.

Great game, Langford awesome and Ceglar has to play finals.

Some of the comments in match day thread embarrassing though. Writing off the whole year based on one crap half - when we win the premiership, you shouldn't be allowed to take any pleasure from it

Give it a rest - they were appalling in the first half and clarko's reaction in the box saw the same thing

Edit: and bugger me dead straight from burgers mouth: "we couldn't play any worse than we did in the first half"

And

"Clarko wasn't composed at all at half time, he gave it to us between the eyes - he wasn't composed at all"

Last edited:
Langford was best on ground tonight but wouldn't expect the umps to give him the 3 brownlow votes. Anyone reckon Lewis is a chance to scoop them? He topped Hawthorn's DT points (25D 1G 108pts) . Duncan was a game high with (37D 1G 116pts).

That is the LAST time I ever chuck a wobbly and leave the ground at half-time. I was weakened by the poor first half performance, Porkins running right past the boundary with his punchable grinning face, that finger-twirling campaigner roughing up Langford's hair like a bully from an 80s movie, and Bartel's dive. It had all the makings of an absolute belting, and in the end I behaved like a Collingwood fan and gave up. Forgive me fellas!

You're forgiven son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bartel...a weak weak effort. Please retire and save face.
How good was Motlop and his finger twirling? Oh wait. How good was Hawkins and his goal after the siren? Oh wait. How good was Enright? Should be All Australian again. Oh wait.

No injuries was the plus against these also rans. Our real threat for the flag is Sydney. Geelong are nowhere near it.

Say 5 Hail Spanghers and your sins will be resolved.

10 minutes before the game starts I sit down to set the telly to record the match, something goes wrong and I lose the signal :eek: Frantic checking of connections fails to sort out the problem so small telly has to be retrieved from the bedroom and set up in the loungeroom and no way to record it, I'm thinking "I hope this is not a bad omen" o_O At half time I'm thinking, "maybe just as well I wasn't able to record it after all" :( Now? None of this matters because WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I :hearts: Hawthorn :)

Last edited:
Great game, Langford awesome and Ceglar has to play finals.

Some of the comments in match day thread embarrassing though. Writing off the whole year based on one crap half - when we win the premiership, you shouldn't be allowed to take any pleasure from it

The "best" thing about a poor first half.......there is still the second half to go.

Having been sitting at the G and not being in front of a Telly I am still trying to work out how they ****ed that goal review up? That was truly bewildering.

Bartel is half the player he used to be and he knows it, so he resorts to staging like that.

My Geelong supporting workmate who I went to the game with was asking lots of questions of Scott in the last and if Rivers was indeed a potato in human form.

Good second half after looking like we were really struggling to lift for the moment in the first.

Maybe the Freo trip was still weighing on our legs, but we took it up a notch before it was all too late and then took the game away from them.

Nice win.

fantastic win....from complete black hole depression at half time, to "hey we look like we have come out to play this half" to "WE ARE GOING TO WIN!!!"

Thank you Langers for those efforts, I was bursting with excitement at what you were doing....(giving us hope!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back