Preview Hawthorn vs Adelaide - Teams, chat, scones etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT
Savage, Cyril

IN
Sewell, Simpkin

I just want us to play with Gunston, Buddy and Rough in the forward line with Hale swapping with one of them every now and again to give them a breather on the pine. I am sick of Gunston playing so far up the field when he is a lot more dangerous closer to goal.

Also sick of Bailey being subbed instead of Hale. Bailey is just so much more of a workhorse than Hale and his ruckwork is consistently better. Hale to sub off and Simpkin to sub on. That's how I would go.

Shiels to Sloane
Stratton on Danger when he is forward
He had 3 hitouts today. Hale had 17. The only thing Bailey really did better than Hale today was convert in front of goal. And given those 3 goals make up half of his career goals to date it's not like we can expect that from him very often. I love Bailey and he's been great for us so far this season but what you said is factually incorrect.

Out: Rioli (inj) Breust (tribunal) - Anyone else think he's in trouble?
In: Sewell, Anderson.

Savage keeps his spot only if Breust is put in the time out corner. Otherwise

Out Rioli (inj) Savage (omitted)

Out: Rioli (inj) Breust (tribunal) - Anyone else think he's in trouble?

Savage keeps his spot only if Breust is put in the time out corner. Otherwise

Out Rioli (inj) Savage (omitted)
Breust will be fine. Not late. Eyes for the ball.

Was it Goo with the clumsy & selfish head-high hit in the 3rd or 4th (I think)? IN our right FP & he charged in & hit a player high who had their head over the ball. Very minimal impact but just such a dumb thing to do... I guess on current form Duryea fills that void easy enough.

I know we seemed to lack run today but Adelaide have lost height so I'd not be resting a ruckman this week. I'd park one in the Goal Square just to keep Rutten deep & allow Buddy & Gunston to roam them 50m.

And seriously, if I see Bailey, Hale, & Roughy at the same ruck contest inside our 50m again, with Buddy & Gunston trying to crumb, I'll spew... Surely the ruckman resting forward contests when inside 50m & the on-ball ruckman stays a kick behind play giving us some height & catching his breathe? Why we need 5 guys above 192cm in an 8m radius I'll never know...

I think they need to be careful with young blokes...so Anderson waits 1 more week for mine..Clarko hinted at that in the press conference.
Out : Rioli, Savage
In: Sewell, litherland
Can't do any worse than savage...I'd love to see Kelly get a game but can't go in too tall against Crows without Tex

Potential danger game this week. I don't see Adelaides remaining talls as being dangerous so I can see a lot of mobility in their forward line (Dangerfield, porplyzia) I'd drop Hale for a more mobile swingman. Spangher?

Out: Savage, Rioli,

In: Simpkin, Sewell

Tactics: Mitchell not at HB but On The Ball for the match! Same thing happened at the Freo game too. Is he carrying an injury

No point having Pace out there if we can't get the ball!

Interesting the calls for Simpkins inclusion.
Just based on recent team lists it appears that Kelly, Dureya, Anderson, Cheney are all ahead of him.

Out: Rioli, Savage,
In: Sewell, Anderson, Duryea

Savage is going backwards, is a great pity.
Smith needs to rise to a higher level, quickly.
Would love to see Hallahan get a crack.
What to do with Gunston is a big dilemma, but he needs to play, somewhere.
Love Jed, but being so young can't rely on him being the messiah, yet. He needs to play every game.
Sheila and Roughy need a rocket. Roughy almost always disappoints me tho as can do much better and crash packs with aggression and hunger
Bailey and Hale although not the best, we have no other option - how's fricken Lowden doing?
Lake is our messiah!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Rioli, Savage,
In: Sewell, Anderson, Duryea

Savage is going backwards, is a great pity.
Smith needs to rise to a higher level, quickly.
Would love to see Hallahan get a crack.
What to do with Gunston is a big dilemma, but he needs to play, somewhere.
Love Jed, but being so young can't rely on him being the messiah, yet. He needs to play every game.
Sheila and Roughy need a rocket. Roughy almost always disappoints me tho as can do much better and crash packs with aggression and hunger
Bailey and Hale although not the best, we have no other option - how's fricken Lowden doing?
Lake is our messiah!

Lowden is playing frickin well down at Box Hill . ;)

Will be interesting to see how Adelaide take us on this time.

With no Tippet or Walker they don't have the ascendancy in that part of the ground.

Sloane and Dangerfield really made us look slow and stodgy. I'm guessing Shiels will tag one of them, I just hope we play Hodge through the middle enough that we've got the counter punch. No Rioli means we've lost a pretty important clearance weapon.

Need to put a hard tag on Dangerfield. He's been very ineffective for the crows this season when played close. Don't give him the chance to use his burst out of the packs and it will go a long way to giving us the advantage around the stoppages.

We need to address the lack of run quickly. With no Rioli and posibly no Breust, we need runners in the team this week, not more big men. I don't think there was much spread yesterday, apart from Rioli and Breust and maybe Hill.

Didn't know Jed had pace, must be deceptively quick I guess.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hallahan get a game. Can't do worse than Savage, as someone else has already said.

Cyril out obviously and Savage has to go back to the magoos. Sewell needs to come in and I'd take Anderson if he's set to go, otherwise maybe Simpkin. Smith and Gunston really need to step up and lift their game.

Didn't know Jed had pace, must be deceptively quick I guess.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hallahan get a game. Can't do worse than Savage, as someone else has already said.

You want to make us even slower.......too many plodders. Hallahan should get a game when either Lewis Mitchell or Sewell misses.......the time has passed now that Sewell will return.

Hallahan is going OK but not really ripping it up at BHH. Simpkin is the better player of the two. Hallahan may help our clearances but will not help our spread and run in general play. I would still pick Sav over those two.

Hale and Bailey were poor but both have been pretty decent this season so it would surprise if either were dumped.

Litherland should be demanding selection. He has genuine dash but only shows it once or twice a game. If he could do six or seven runs a match he'd be almost a walk up into the team.

Out Sizzle
In Sewell.

I'm a bit worried about Sav.

1) He's been fairly underwhelming for over 12 months.
2) He's going to need to run around for 4 quarters at some point. The choice needs to be made soon whether that's in the seniors or magoos.

There has to be someone else that can provide a bit of run in the last, yet is versatile enough to cover for injuries?

You want to make us even slower.......too many plodders. Hallahan should get a game when either Lewis Mitchell or Sewell misses.......the time has passed now that Sewell will return.

No I want us to win the clearances. The reason we look slow is because we play Hale and Bailey in the same side which never works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back