Want to hear everyone's thoughts
Can you play Menengola and Horlin-Smith in the same team
Or if you can't which one do you play?
Given Cowan is a lock,
Can do.
Should not.
So far this year, GHS.

What about you HO?

That's why I've gone conservative earlier in the thread and only tipped us by75 points.

I love it get out on the front foot ! It's so much sweeter when it rolls out let all the boys know haha your probably right i just take nothing for granted this season all the games are difficult to predict thus far

Yes to both in one side.

The question might be can you play GHS, Menegola and Cowan in the same side and since Cowan looks a lock according to the MC which of the other two is selected?

Can we switch Menegola to the Cowan role and Cowan to the GDFL?

If Taylor plays back and Stanley plays as a forward then our structure already looks much better then the first 3 weeks IMO.

From there, we just have to have the right attitude and I think we'll win comfortably.
The corresponding game last year Stanley carried the ruck and did well against the BB and Zack Smith got on the score board for 3 goals,Blitz was good and Harry had 15 touches down back and who could forget Kersten flaming Gibson.:)

The corresponding game last year Stanley carried the ruck and did well against the BB and Zack Smith got on the score board for 3 goals,Blitz was good and Harry had 15 touches down back and who could forget Kersten flaming Gibson.:)
Ruck was only Pittonet wasn't it?

The matchups look a little out if we go too tall down back. If they get goal after goal from Breust, Cyril, Puopolo etc getting out the back i'll spew everywhere!

who could forget Kersten flaming Gibson.:)

download.jpg

lol, your like me with Murdoch and Mackie . . . you cannot stand Kersten one iota can you ypo :thumbsu:

Guth had a total horrorshow last week, but PB's dislike of him is years-long and the stuff of Board Legend. Adds to the richness of the tapestry that is BF Geelong Board IMO.

Nothing more 'Board Legend' than a lack of ability to accept critical analysis of Geelong players. PatrickBateman uses stats to back up his opinion, more than I can say for others.

If Taylor plays back and Stanley plays as a forward then our structure already looks much better then the first 3 weeks IMO.

From there, we just have to have the right attitude and I think we'll win comfortably.

I agree somewhat i like taylor back but i still don't like the 3 stanley, Smith, Blicavs all in the side together. It will end up being the exact same side talls wise we ended the prelim with. A group that really struggled last season stanley and smith rotated forward most of last season and i think they averaged barely 1 goal a game as a combo thats not going to get it done for mine. Im more inclined to try another piece and stick with dangerfield spending a bigger percentage forward

In 2017:

Horlin smith is averaging 17 touches and 3 tackles across two games.
Menegola in one game had 24 touches and 9 tackles.

EFA

You don't have an average after 1 game. If Menegola plays on Monday, let's see how his average are after that.

McCarthy had 7 tackles after 1 game but only 1 tackle in 2 games since, so his average is now under 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year:
Horlin smith averaging 17 touches and 3 tackles a game.
Menegola averaging 24 touches and 9 tackles a game.
What sort of touches though?
Tbh, I am not enamoured with or against either being in the team, as they are the best we have after DW, Duncan, Guthrie. We will have some B-C graders every week, as really we only have 5 A Grade players, imo. Danger Selwood, Menzel, Hawkins, Henderson maybe. Taylor was. Duncan close. And I rate Blicas highly too. The rest are owaat players that we all hope pull out a finger and assist our guns.

Last edited:
Guth had a total horrorshow last week, but PB's dislike of him is years-long and the stuff of Board Legend. Adds to the richness of the tapestry that is BF Geelong Board IMO.

Edit: I do agree with the bolded. It *would* be nigh-on impossible not to top that...
Not worth the argument jez, very small minority's who are astoundingly very wrong on the matter.

Yes to both in one side.

The question might be can you play GHS, Menegola and Cowan in the same side and since Cowan looks a lock according to the MC which of the other two is selected?

Can we switch Menegola to the Cowan role and Cowan to the GDFL?

Could be pretty handy with me in the East Geelong reserves.

download.jpg

lol, your like me with Murdoch and Mackie . . . you cannot stand Kersten one iota can you ypo :thumbsu:
It's got me bad Bobby even the number 39 does my head in today still.Page 39,39 bucks in the credit window on a pokie, seat 39, house 39 I've gotta cross the road,I'm in a bad bad way.

If i had to pick one menegola but would have both miles ahead of cowan.

Ruck was only Pittonet wasn't it?

The matchups look a little out if we go too tall down back. If they get goal after goal from Breust, Cyril, Puopolo etc getting out the back i'll spew everywhere!
Big Boy and Pinhead,I totally agree with the second bit they have got us with that tactic in the past.

Last edited:
I agree somewhat i like taylor back but i still don't like the 3 stanley, Smith, Blicavs all in the side together. It will end up being the exact same side talls wise we ended the prelim with. A group that really struggled last season stanley and smith rotated forward most of last season and i think they averaged barely 1 goal a game as a combo thats not going to get it done for mine. Im more inclined to try another piece and stick with dangerfield spending a bigger percentage forward
I think you have to take a few things into account;
- Our list doesn't have a genuine, readymade CHF
- Harry Taylor is still one of our best defenders
- Our ball movement appears to be quicker than last season
- Rarely have we used Hawkins/Stanley playing together as pure KPF, with Smith No.1 ruck and Blicavs giving him a chop out

I think with all things being considered, Stanley is our best option as a 2nd KPF, provided he plays as one for the whole game.

If he doesn't perform then by all means look at other options but for now, that's the structure I'd like to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back