Preview Hawthorn Vs Geelong - Monday 17 April @3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggles has been shit.

Lang needs more opportunities.

#getguthrieback is going nowhere.
Sorry but cannot agree Stan.
Thursday night the board melted about Cowan getting back in undeservedly despite not even playing at all last weekend. Same standard should apply here, Lang was dropped for a very bad game v NM and he was bad, he shouldn't come back in when the VFL didn't play last weekend.

Make him earn his recall after that shitshow

So Stanley, GHS and Cowan all withdrawn from the squad after being named on the field? I wasn't aware that was even allowed...

Not totally uncommon for teams to make changes to the selected side prior to final team announcements at match time.

I gather that GHS and Cowan probably had fitness tests they failed, so they were withdrawn from the 25 man squad and replaced by Bews & Lang with those two moving onto the extended bench and others moving onto the field.

I can only assume the club at the same time kicked Stanley to the bench. Only thing is if Stanley is allowed to play vfl tomorrow (?) having not been in the original vfl squad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know which poster randomly found Josh Cowan and gave him a quick kick in the achilles yesterday, but if we all claim we did it, then it should throw the police off.

Think there might have been a sudden zephyr blowing on it which was sufficient. Good thing it was surgically repaired.

Don't know who is going to provide dazzling defensive pressure now though.

That's true, but we kind of have tried everything else. We tried Kersten, and he wound up in the VFL - same with Vardy to a lesser extent, and Walker as well who just didn't do enough. We tried Harry up forward across pre-season and the first three games of this year and it's failed.

Stanley seems to be the least worst of our options left - it's that or Hendo, or an untried VFL player.

Vardy played (4 games) between 2015-2016
Walker traded 2 seasons ago only really played because mitch clark was injured who played 8 games in two years. Kersten had the most success but left

But guys that are gone really have no relevance on this season. As things we have tried you have Black, House we are currently seeing parsons in the side. I think you will still see taylor fwd unfortunately

We have wylie buzza as a ruck forward option and we have seen this season both stanley and smith out of the side and win 3 games. This is the first time we have reverted back to this setup. With stanley named at CHF nothing wrong testing an untried player Parfitt, Stewart and zuthrie looked promising and narkle will play at some stage.

I refuse to settle at rhys stanley though i will never agree that will be our best option and if he spends 5 weeks at CHF im sure he can prove me right. It will help us in the ruck it wont help us forward of centre

Vardy played (4 games) between 2015-2016
Walker traded 2 seasons ago only really played because mitch clark was injured who played 8 games in two years. Kersten had the most success but left

But guys that are gone really have no relevance on this season. As things we have tried you have Black, House we are currently seeing parsons in the side. I think you will still see taylor fwd unfortunately

We have wylie buzza as a ruck forward option and we have seen this season both stanley and smith out of the side and win 3 games. This is the first time we have reverted back to this setup. With stanley named at CHF nothing wrong testing an untried player Parfitt, Stewart and zuthrie looked promising and narkle will play at some stage.

I refuse to settle at rhys stanley though i will never agree that will be our best option and if he spends 5 weeks at CHF im sure he can prove me right. It will help us in the ruck it wont help us forward of centre
Buzza and House aren't exactly AFL-ready at the moment - don't forget that Stewart and Parsons have both played well at VFL level, while Parfitt was immediately identified as being ready for the AFL. More to the point, there's more leeway for a raw, underdone young midfielder because they can get out of the way and play on the outside as Parfitt has largely done. Larger players don't get that luxury.

Black would be nice but he's not really key position size IMO.

Murdoch had a good game in round 1 - play him in that same role this week where he can use his pace to run the wing, and get forward.

Don't ask have him playing a defensive role, give him some freedom to go forward and let's see the impact he can have

I'd say there's about a 98% chance he's back in a more defensive role this week again with no Cowan out there.

By definition, we must all be stalkers if we reply to provocative or non-provocative post(er)s on a regular basis. That's what this forum is about- interaction with anonymous fellow Cat fans.

Happened to look at the Hawks board for this game, and one of the posters commented on the overt hatred many of our Geelong posters have for each other even when we are winning!!

A Cut AboveBrownlow Medallist

Hawthorn

Worst thing about this game will be having to endure the jibes of bottom-feeding mouthbreathers like Nutjob Nakia if we lose.

Luckily I think we'll smash Geelong, I really do. Not only does their coach & captain have an over-inflated opinion of themselves but their young players are plodders who coast along in the wake of Dangerwood while Fatboy Porkins similarly carries the load in the forwardline. Its reassuring to know we need only restrict the output of three players to effectively render them a bottom 4 side, and their defense without Taylor is not much better than ours.

One thing is certain- win, lose or draw the loonies on the Handbagger board will resemble a pack of wild dogs fighting among themselves after the game. If you think disagreements are prevalent here, try wandering over there sometime and you'll be shocked at how many Geelong posters utterly loathe each other. :D
This is quite true and many have been pointing it out for some time. I have never seen any other club with so much hostility from fans for each other, the coach and selected players (usually Blicavs) and as the Hawthorn poster accurately reported we are at each others throats even when we win FFS!!! This did not used to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back