Preview Hawthorn Vs Geelong - Monday 17 April @3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One was Milburn. And Mooney. Mid-season.
milburn played to he got injured a couple of weeks out from finals and then they didnt bring him back for the prelim (which is when he recovered from injury) because he hadn't played for 6 weeks. If it wasn't for the injury he would of played finals including the grand final and deservedly so as he was better then Hunt. Milburn being dropped is a complete myth.

milburn played to he got injured a couple of weeks out from finals and then they didnt bring him back for the prelim (which is when he recovered from injury) because he hadn't played for 6 weeks. If it wasn't for the injury he would of played finals including the grand final and deservedly so as he was better then Hunt. Milburn being dropped is a complete myth.
That's not true IIRC. He was injured in the lead-up to Round 24, then played in the smashing against Collingwood, but wasn't retained for the finals series.

McCarthy for Cocky the only change and I can live with the team...

Glad I held my melt till the team was finalised :D

These Pretzels are making me thirsty. Was Linc the worst last week? Taylor still in the forwardline? We have used the get out jail for free card twice in the last two weeks ... we better be hammer hard ready on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow just saw the final teams and thankyou very much. I was thinking after 3 rounds of being extremely pleased with the match commitee they had torn it all to shreds. Now faith is restored haha
I could live with everything else if Taylor was starting in defence because you know he's going down there once Ruggles and Stewart become overwhelmed.

I think we need to get serious on Monday. We are 3-0 but never in the discussion when people discuss the best teams this year. Are we just getting lucky or are we actually a good unit?

I think we need to get serious on Monday. We are 3-0 but never in the discussion when people discuss the best teams this year. Are we just getting lucky or are we actually a good unit?

definitely getting lucky, but have shown that when at our best we are a 'good unit'.

what we have put up so far in the first 3 rounds would be unlikely to trouble the better sides.

after what GC did to hawthorn, i dont think giving them a fair hiding would prove all that much in any event.

Shouldn't really be talking myths when you don't have the facts straight. Milburn played the final round match against the Pies and played pretty well especially the first part where the heat was on.

Last edited:
definitely getting lucky, but have shown that when at our best we are a 'good unit'.

what we have put up so far in the first 3 rounds would be unlikely to trouble the better sides.

after what GC did to hawthorn, i dont think giving them a fair hiding would prove all that much in any event.
Which are the better sides this year?

Adelaide? GWS?

Which are the better sides this year?

Adelaide? GWS?

well, all just my opinion of course, but at this stage, yeah definitely those two. west coast look good, richmond look pretty good as well. ports best is pretty good.

weird one, though - north have looked incredible at times against us and footscray, yet 0-4. GC looked like premiers against hawthorn, but have also looked putrid.

weve put in 2 very uneven performances, but have played some excellent footy in both as well, and sit 3-0. our round 1 against freo is starting to look a bit better as well.

i guess my point was if we put up what we have the last two weeks for the entire season, we wont be doing much.

but if we can consistently play at a level approaching the best we have played in those two weeks, we could go a long way.

It's a weird year to read... some teams look good and aren't winning, we haven't looked great but are winning. I do feel our record so far flatters us.. really not sure what to expect Monday, but hopefully we show something more like round 1 compared to round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back