How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing I liked was the Crow after a goal - will look and sound great at night games - the kids especially love it.
Everything else was wishy washy and insipid including the game.
I think we also need a short simple song/anthem (similar to "never tear us apart") - but it must be dark, edgy and heavy.

I went to Port's game and was disappointed too with the pregame stuff but I thought they nailed it with the "never tear us apart" - that did make for an electric atmosphere. (The march from the city was good too)

I may be wrong, maybe due to sitting in different stands, but I got the impression that at the Port game last week the speaker system volume was much higher and that crowd noise was being played through it whereas today it wasn't.

I agree with you, the crow after the goal is really good and about the only good thing that the club has done, but there's one problem with it though the Foodland logo, surely the club can have something that isn't sold off to sponsors. Just another sign of how out of touch the admin is.

The pregame stuff today was an absolute joke and embarrassing if that's all the club could come up with after planning for 2 or more years. We had McLeod "raising the 19th man flag" except no-one knew were to even look and it was so far away from the ground that it was irrelevant. Graham Cornes handing the worst CEO in the AFL the game ball from 1991, can anyone even explain the point of this ? What on earth was up with the woman singing the crows song. Then we had "everyone raise your 19th man flags" yet there was only about 500 flags there. Why weren't they given to everyone before the game ? How much better would it have looked if everyone had one today ? No you had to buy those or buy those horrible t-shirts that they were trying to slug you $30 for. Great to see that Port gave something to their members last week whereas we gave NOTHING. Everything today just goes to prove that our Admin are stale, bereft of ideas and have no care about the supporter base.

Today, on and off the field was an epic failure for the club and a sad reflection of how far we have fallen as a club, but who I am to criticise I am just a lowly customer of the club or worse still "an agitator", how dare I ask them to be accountable for their decisions. Trigg and co have clearly fallen asleep at the wheel and the club needs to wake up and wake up soon.

Last edited:
Wow, the match day entertainment was so bad. We arrived and walking in seeing so many people around the ground so early before the game was awesome. Loved walking in to the stadium and finding our seats and marvelling how amazing the place looked. And then....the pre match stuff started.

Overall - despite this new and exciting move and a new era of footy in the city, it was as if they were trying as hard as possible to make it feel exactly like footy park. Crowell and that chick, Wayne Phillips etc. was so disappointing.

Was also super disappointed that despite it being our first game there were no give always at all. Flags, signs, whatever. It's mainly for the kids but port can giveaway free t shirts but we can't have anything for our supporters for our first game at AO. Hell they even had free signs for the last game at Aami but nothing today.

The pre game entertainment was woeful. Carrying that flag around. Being pedantic but the flag was orientated so that it could be read as a 19 from the inside of the oval, not the grandstand as they walked around. As my husband said as a joke - what's the significance of this number 61.
The singing of th club song was nothing special and then cornes giving an old footy to trigg. Overall it was completely uninspiring - certainly was not at all pumped up by it at all.

People are talking about this stuff being aimed at kids but we took our 7 year old and his mate and neither of them were in the slightest bit interested in that stuff including Claude and his babies....which begs the question, if 7 years olds find it childish then Who the **** is it aimed at..

I agree with you, the crow after the goal is really good and about the only good thing that the club has done, but there's one problem with it though the Foodland logo, surely the club can have something that isn't sold off to sponsors. Just another sign of how out of touch the admin is.

The pregame stuff today was an absolute joke and embarrassing if that's all the club could come up with after planning for 2 or more years. We had McLeod "raising the 19th man flag" except no-one knew were to even look and it was so far away from the ground that it was irrelevant. Graham Cornes handing the worst CEO in the AFL the game ball from 1991, can anyone even explain the point of this ? What on earth was up with the woman singing the crows song. Then we had "everyone raise your 19th man flags" yet there was only about 500 flags there. Why weren't they given to everyone before the game ? How much better would it have looked if everyone had one today ? No you have buy those or buy those horrible t-shirts that they were trying to slug you $30 for. Great to see that Port gave something to their members last week whereas we gave NOTHING. Everything today just goes to prove that our Admin are stale, bereft of ideas, have no care about the supporter base.

Today, on and off the field was an epic failure for the club and a sad reflection of how far we have fallen as a club, but who I am to criticise. Trigg and co have clearly fallen asleep at the wheel and the club needs to wake up and wake up soon.
Yeah they should have given those t-shirts out for free!

I see that Collingwood debuted their new pre-game entertainment... A funk squad style hip hop dance troop, about 10 years too late to jump on that trend.

They have no lack of money, I think it must be very hard to entertain a football stadium with anything other than a game of football.

I'm a fan of not doing much, but do that right.

On that baby Claud the Crow stuff though, didn't see it but they were sick or disadvantaged kids, the club has worked with a charity on that one to give them an experience so I'm not going to hold that against the club like some have.

Last edited:
POST OF THE YEAR.

Love the 61st man idea too - should resonate with the Apricot Slice Brigade.
Saild this somewhat facetiously but the way they carried that flag was almost symbolic of how the club really views it's supporters and how inclusive they really are. Even when trying to spout this crap about being inclusive they some how manage to **** it up by having the 19 facing away from the supporters

I agree the marketing was somewhat underwhelming, but at the same token I am not sure what I want. Maybe less is more.

I think we really have been dealt a dud hand with the draw. Didn't get the first showdown, next was a Saturday day game, after that GWS. Should've made a big play for a Saturday or Friday night.

If I was to make a bold marketing move it would somehow try to embrace the colour red. Port embraced their 3rd colour teal, who would've thought?

Not at all - I was incredibly excited and looking forward to it; I was silly enough to believe we had something special lined up and couldn't wait to see what it was.

Then reality slapped me in the face.

What would allow you to believe that?

They didn't do anything to close AAMI.

Maybe - as we all suspect - we have absolutely no money to spend on anything good. Staff, t shirts, players, coloured smoke... all luxuries out of reach.

Or Port Adelaide are writing cheques their bank account can not pay.

Let's see if this marketing results in a profit. If we don't, I hope serious questions are asked if our administration.

I personally didn't say post anything on here but along with many others thought both decisions were crap.

How are port Adelaide going?

Hope you are enjoying the season and it's good of you to dust your account if all 166 in 7 years just to bag the club after a poor game.

At least King Elvis is here day in day our voicing his displeasure. You are just a blow in.

Could someone tell me the answer I wonder is the average of our supporters higher than Ports? There just seems to be a lot older crowd for ours compared to theirs, by older I mean in the late 40s onwards.
This is an interesting point. A mate of mine works in the Crows membership department. He says that the consensus amongst the staff is that many of the season ticket holders are made up of older grumpy 'stale' people. I don't know if this is actually the case, but that is the perception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would allow you to believe that?

They didn't do anything to close AAMI.

Because I was there last week, and it was incredible. Because I was stupid and gullible enough to believe Trigg when he said we had something special planned.

Because I was there last week, and it was incredible. Because I was stupid and gullible enough to believe Trigg when he said we had something special planned.

So did the rest of the Crows supporters when he managed to secure Tippett with another contract. :rolleyes:

That's your own fault for believing him.

We don't have that income to throw around and he needs to save every cent to turn a profit this year.

Port are that far in debt, they make Enron look profitable. They don't care how much they spend as long as they make that perception of them being up and about stick.

The worst part is after putting up with the pre-game amateur hour (the worst part was that chick and her stupid mindless commentary of the handball competition - shut the **** up) when the team actually ran out we didnt even get the club song. WTF was that all about?

And that crow between goals - please **** that off. That is embarrassing.
That was good, the only thing they got right.

After having to sit through all the Port pre game last week I was really disappointed with the pre game today. The players just entered the ground like it was just a normal game. It was our first home game and like Port did last week there should of been something to fire up the crowd.

This is an interesting point. A mate of mine works in the Crows membership department. He says that the consensus amongst the staff is that many of the season ticket holders are made up of older grumpy 'stale' people. I don't know if this is actually the case, but that is the perception.
Tell him the consensus amongst the supporters is our admin is stale.

How are port Adelaide going?

Hope you are enjoying the season and it's good of you to dust your account if all 166 in 7 years just to bag the club after a poor game.

At least King Elvis is here day in day our voicing his displeasure. You are just a blow in.
Excuse me, when did this become a # of posts dick measuring contest. I'm there barracking for my team Adelaide every week, yet get treated like a piece of shit for daring to post on what is obviously some sort of exclusive enclave.

That's your own fault for believing him.

We don't have that income to throw around and he needs to save every cent to turn a profit this year.

Port are that far in debt, they make Enron look profitable. They don't care how much they spend as long as they make that perception of them being up and about stick.

If we don't have the money to make arguably the biggest day since we won a flag, significant, then we are in deeper shit than I thought.

That was good, the only thing they got right.

Preferred the Ade Elle AID chant.

Excuse me, when did this become a # of posts dick measuring contest. I'm there barracking for my team Adelaide every week, yet get treated like a piece of shit for daring to post on what is obviously some sort of exclusive enclave.

167 posts in 7 years gives a very strong indication of a second account.

Somehow, I don't believe you are at every game.

If we don't have the money to make arguably the biggest day since we won a flag, significant, then we are in deeper shit than I thought.

Still paying those lawyers.

We must make a profit this year or that line about us being $4 million better off is a load of crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back