How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

oops my bad. I agree though. The fact that they didn't play our song at our first home game at AO was disgraceful. Also is anyone else sick of Crowell and that chick?? ******* hell! :(

They are mind numbing, I am prepared to concede if they are there for the kids. Otherwise they offer no value. It is the same for Port though.

I think it's alright actually.
Save it for the end in a win.

Though, I wold prefer the team song over the crap they played when we did run out.
Have a good song to pump up the crowd pre-game, save team song for win.

I actually thought it was an AFL requirement that the songs were played. Wasn't it North Melbourne who tried to lobby thatthe opposition song shouldn't be played? Well we managed to play the oppositions and not ours.

Maybe I am a traditionalist there, I like the songs, both home and away.

What gets me is that if Port did something stupid in their first match in terms of opening the AO, I would have nailed them.

There was nothing that they did wrong, how could they get it so right and perfect.

Even Koch head acknowledged us and thanked us before the game.

The AFC brand is just a comical joke. While I am not too fussed about Triggy it appears that the backlash against him is just so big that he should step aside for the betterment of the Club.

If we are in the same position in about the middle of next year, Sando should be sacked IMO.

The only thing I liked was the Crow after a goal - will look and sound great at night games - the kids especially love it.
Everything else was wishy washy and insipid including the game.
I think we also need a short simple song/anthem (similar to "never tear us apart") - but it must be dark, edgy and heavy.

I went to Port's game and was disappointed too with the pregame stuff but I thought they nailed it with the "never tear us apart" - that did make for an electric atmosphere. (The march from the city was good too)

I may be wrong, maybe due to sitting in different stands, but I got the impression that at the Port game last week the speaker system volume was much higher and that crowd noise was being played through it whereas today it wasn't.

"Never tear us apart" will hopefully become A bit like Liverpool's "Never walk alone"

In saying that Port did cash in on a song that had just found new popularity because of that INXS mini series:). To be honest before The Showdown I was bloody sick of it and really never had any time for it. But with the mix of the countdown before the bounce, the images (including JMac), the meaning the song has to the club and the fact that it's catchy. The song fits perfect with our club and it sucked me in and probably every PAFC supporter.

Words cannot truly express my disapproval of today's pre-match and overall match day experience. It was just too shit and too embarrassing to describe. Everyone involved in it needs to just **** off, just leave the city, leave the state, leave the country, leave the bloody planet. The magnitude of their inadequacy is a festering wound on the sporting culture of this state.

I may be wrong, maybe due to sitting in different stands, but I got the impression that at the Port game last week the speaker system volume was much higher and that crowd noise was being played through it whereas today it wasn't.

I was in the Southern for the Port game and the sound went up quite a bit after our song and before theirs, almost to the point of crackling noise coming from the speakers and it stayed up for a while after that and then I thought it went down a bit later, but maybe I just adjusted. Wasn't there today but maybe we didn't turn it right up like they did? Was Sydney's song quieter than our run out music?

Could someone tell me the answer I wonder is the average of our supporters higher than Ports? There just seems to be a lot older crowd for ours compared to theirs, by older I mean in the late 40s onwards.
Yes I've noticed this as well. I'm 20 and I was looking around trying to find people that are my age or close to it and nope. It's weird. It's like I'm sitting in the middle of a retirement home.

The only thing I liked was the Crow after a goal - will look and sound great at night games - the kids especially love it.
I think we also need a short simple song/anthem (similar to "never tear us apart") - but it must be dark, edgy and heavy.

I went to Port's game and was disappointed too with the pregame stuff but I thought they nailed it with the "never tear us apart" - that did make for an electric atmosphere. (The march from the city was good too)

Speaker system was MUCH higher. But they didn't play crowd noise through it.....Except for the 20 seconds before they ran on the field to build up the crowd.

Today it was quiet. Hate it.

Ok - enough of the club bashing.

If you think they do things better than us, go support them. Stop kicking the club whist we are down.

Just wait until next week when they only get 30,000 vs the Lions.

The song? Was very good, it was different. I really enjoyed it. Some didn't like it as they would then have to admit to giving Trigg or the club credit.

The 19th man flag was good as well. The handing over of the first ball and a square of grass was ok.

The smoke thing with the indigenous community was interesting.

The players let the club and day down. Right now, we are a very bad side but the day, before the game was engaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ok with no team song?

I thought that was grossly negligent.

I like the My People intro, but play it straight before the song before we run onto the ground.

Nah, shit choice of song - can't sing along with it at all.

They were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

This made me laugh more than it had any right to. Well played my friend.

Ok - enough of the club bashing.

If you think they do things better than us, go support them. Stop kicking the club whist we are down.

Just wait until next week when they only get 30,000 vs the Lions.

The song? Was very good, it was different. I really enjoyed it. Some didn't like it as they would then have to admit to giving Trigg or the club credit.

The 19th man flag was good as well. The handing over of the first ball and a square of grass was ok.

The smoke thing with the indigenous community was interesting.

The players let the club and day down. Right now, we are a very bad side but the day, before the game was engaging.

At least 30k Port fans are louder than a sold out Crows game! Sad but true.

How do we open Adelaide Oval? We open it utterly underwhelmingly.

I arrived at 9.25am to line up at the Northern gates to get the seats I wanted in the Sir Edwin Smith stand. There were lots of Footy Park people who are used to standing in line. Some of them were flogs, as they say in the Bay 13 forum - the lady in front of me was deadly serious when she said, "we should have stayed at AAMI" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Weren't there supposed to be 19th man flags? I was in line waiting for the gates to open for nearly two hours, someone couldn't hand out flags? Or put them on the seats? Are they t-shirt only seats?

Took my seat, stayed until the bounce. At one point, there was a video - I've mentioned this previously - of a DC-3 flying (decked out as the Crows Airline) flying along in the sky, when suddenly two F-18s or similar fly up alongside with the 19th man insignia on the fuselage. Hence, we the crowd are the fighter pilots helping the team where we all want to go. I can see that, would make more sense for the Bombers, but whatever. Then I got excited - what if they've organised a fighter jet fly-by for the match? There's been talk of an expensive opening for the club, something memorable. Exciting. Cool.

We managed to get a welcome from the traditional owners of the land, okay, I can see us doing this. More non-offensive stuff from the PC club.
A bunch of guys walked around a giant 19 flag around the ground. McLeod and Smart, couldn't tell who the rest were. When it got around to me, it was a 61, so that was pretty dumb too.
Trigg came out onto the ground to scattered applause. I booed as loud as I could but I don't think he heard me. Cornes handed Trigg a 25 year old football, but unfortunately did not shove it up his arse or down his throat.
Some fireworks went off when the players ran out.

As far as openings go, I've opened jars in the kitchen for the missus that were more exciting than this.

By all accounts, Port's opening last week was 'electric'. Ours was electric too, but in the way where you're in the bathtub and you drop in the toaster. It was abysmal.
61stman.JPG

Be the 61st man!

The crows song could do with an instrumentation/singing update, not too drastic but just get a higher quality version done to make the most of the updated speakers.

While they are at it though cut out that 30 seconds without signing after the first verse to encourage cheering rather than the lame clap everyone settles into.

So, "... Were the mighty Adelaide Crows (build it up to a big cheer then straight into) we give our best..." Rather than "... Were the mighty Adelaide Crows *clap... clap... clap... clap... *(For over half a minute, enough time for most people to lose interest) we give our best..."

The one thing they finally have got right..
Everyone liked that..
Something ominous and with a bit of bite, unlike that awesome extended version of the Crows dadadada advert thing *cringe*
And yes, the kids sitting around us loved it.. (the Crow after goals)

At least 30k Port fans are louder than a sold out Crows game! Sad but true.
And go back and listen to their games when they were shit..
Like a country footy game..
We're all awesome and up and about when we're winning..
The sound when we got within 2 points today was great too..

The one thing they finally have got right..
Everyone liked that..
Something ominous and with a bit of bite, unlike that awesome extended version of the Crows dadadada advert thing *cringe*
And yes, the kids sitting around us loved it..
the dadadada or the crow?

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back