Family & Relationships How do you get over a girl?

Remove this Banner Ad

So this pseudo love triangle I was involved in and talking about has completely disintegrated now and there is another man completely external from all of this.

Rational self tells me that I'm glad to be out of this shitstorm. Irrational self is a bit disappointed, but not like I would have been a month ago. Lingering is Probably only because she is as pure HB10 as I've ever seen.

The way the second person has dealing with this is somewhat of a blueprint however. Being emo for a month and putting up 'the wall' higher than it has ever been didn't help at all, not that confidence can be absolutely controlled.

I'd say I definitely need a much better game, but I think I'm cautious of this happening again. Hesitancy Does suck a little bit because the euphoria I felt in patches for a few months was unheard of in my sphere and I'm not likely to get it with too much hesitancy. My previous relationships were not really a product of my design at all, fwiw.

I've remained friendly with ex-girlfriends. But I don't see them regularly.

I couldn't imagine being friends with an ex. At least, not until several years (and other relationships) had come and gone since we'd dated.

+1 to the friendly but do not see regularly.

I could probably still be friends, because it was an amicable (is that the word?) split. She broke it off but I accepted it there and then.

I've remained friendly with ex-girlfriends. But I don't see them regularly.

I couldn't imagine being friends with an ex. At least, not until several years (and other relationships) had come and gone since we'd dated.

I'm still good friends with my first ex. We still get along fairly well.

The most recent ex, not talked to in ages. Just not seen the need to.

Anyone ever managed to stay decent friends with an ex-girlfriend of a significant time?

Yeah i'm still good mates, as in see each other most days-catch up for beers-go to each others family xmas's kind of mates with my ex who i was with (on and off) for a couple of years, when a new girl meets her for the first time it normally creeps them out for little bit then they realise she's not a threat.

She's probably the exception to the rule though, most other ex-gf's i've had we've gone down the path of polite if we're in the same place due to a mutual friend or just complete cut off but no real angst.

Anyone ever managed to stay decent friends with an ex-girlfriend of a significant time?

Sure am. Been 12 months exactly tomorrow, so she says, since we split up but we are good mates now which is pretty awesome.

I do not really see any ex girlfriends nowadays.

As for my ex wife. We were married for 10 years and have been apart for 12 years now. I detest the very ****ing thought of her ! She is a complete psycho one minute, then nice, then psycho. I kept it pleasant for many years for the sake of my children but now they are older, I have dropped all pretence to cordiality.

She lives overseas with the 2 kids and I do not want her back in the country !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not really see any ex girlfriends nowadays.

As for my ex wife. We were married for 10 years and have been apart for 12 years now. I detest the very ****ing thought of her ! She is a complete psycho one minute, then nice, then psycho. I kept it pleasant for many years for the sake of my children but now they are older, I have dropped all pretence to cordiality.

She lives overseas with the 2 kids and I do not want her back in the country !

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sums up most broads to me. People in general are just despicable pieces of shit.

Had my first descent meal in 2 weeks last night, went out with my mates wife for dinner.

I got up this morning and proceeded to clean up the mess having lived like a pig for two weeks. I must say tidying it up does help unclutter the mind, heard a song by accident which made me weep. But Im ok.

When you combine this, with hassles at work and ill health you have what is described as the perfect storm.

Im just keeping my head above water at the moment and deep down I am proud of myself for making it this far.

I feel such sadness for those that resort to suicide, to be in such a dark place that their only option of escape is to remove themselves from this world is heartbreaking.

I am appreciative of all the kind words said in here to me.

What goes around comes around. I hope you guys receive good karma for caring enough to offer good advice.

Good luck chief :thumbsu:

I think this is the first time i've been emotionally moved by a post on BF!

Head above water is enough to keep going in my dark times.

Oh wow! Same shit happened to me. Except with a guy (because I'm a girl). Anyway, it was ok for a few months but it just turned to shit. So basically, the best way to "move on" is to just give it time. It's been almost 6 months since I last spoke to my ex, and there have been a few times where I've thought about him etc but I'm feeling heaps better for it :thumbsu:

12 months :D

Time does heal all wounds...

i think i should give my two cents to the breakup situation.

Looking back to this i cant help but laugh, now married with a kid number 9 was unsuccessful but that was rock bottom that shook me up

wasnt in a relationship for 2.5 years after that then in a blink of an eye 5 years later married with a kid.

moral of the story is. minute you become selfish and appreciate yourself the minute youll stop being walked over easily by evil cunning women who want to use and abuse you.

Looking back to this i cant help but laugh, now married with a kid number 9 was unsuccessful but that was rock bottom that shook me up

wasnt in a relationship for 2.5 years after that then in a blink of an eye 5 years later married with a kid.

moral of the story is. minute you become selfish and appreciate yourself the minute youll stop being walked over easily by evil cunning women who want to use and abuse you.

Wait. You have nine children??

Remove this Banner Ad

Family & Relationships How do you get over a girl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back