Family & Relationships How do you get over a girl?

Remove this Banner Ad

I picked up this bubbly girl one night and we went straight to her place. Before we knew it we were in the cot making love which I found particularly arousing and quite enjoyable. Anyway in the end she fell a sleep and I was lying there looking at her pondering "How the hell am I gonna get over this girl"?
In the end I got out of bed and just walked around her. Lets face it, bonking fat birds is all good but you can't tell anyone.

Besides going out and finding a million other girls, which at this stage doesn't really interest me, what have you done to help yourself get over girlfriends etc?

It will depend on the quality of the girl you have broken up. Some take a minute to get over, some take months.

Assuming that it is a really quality girlfriend, sometimes the worst thing you can do is go straight away into another relationship. What will happen is that the new girl you are going out will seem inferior to the one who has just left you, making you realise what you have lost and making you more miserable.

The only true healer is time. In the meantime it pays to throw your energy and thoughts into something else and look for the positives out of the situation rather than the negatives. Write down a list of things that you have always wanted to do eg travel to another country, and then put your energy into that.

After a period of time you will be so absorbed in this and improving your life and happiness that you will completely forget about the old GF and will be grateful that she split up with you. As well as this, your state of mind will be at a healthy level given you much more chance of getting a quality GF rather than just getting anyone when you are on the rebound.

Beer, now there's a temporary solution..

But in all honesty, delete her number, delete all your lovey dovey texts (keep the blackmail material) and if you bump into her act like you never went out.

Otherwise she will always be there, compromising future relationships, intruding into your fapping fantasies and being top of your drunk dial hotline.

You will move on, every girl i have ever been in a relationship with has been "the one", then you realise that you never really liked her and just worshipped her vagoo.

Most women are rather dumb, terribly uninteresting and have little sense of humour. Actually, thats not neccessarily true but keep thinking it and you will feel better.:thumbsu:

saw that girl i dated from work at a bar last nite, during a little conversation she talked about hooking up with some guy last week. I looked at her like "wtf why would you tell me that?", clearly im wasting my time even thinking about our little fling and the quicker i move on like she quite clearly has the better. The closure moment i needed actually.

saw that girl i dated from work at a bar last nite, during a little conversation she talked about hooking up with some guy last week. I looked at her like "wtf why would you tell me that?", clearly im wasting my time even thinking about our little fling and the quicker i move on like she quite clearly has the better. The closure moment i needed actually.

Typical women, they always say shit like that. Don't worry about her and go out and smash as much vag as you can.

Typical women, they always say shit like that. Don't worry about her and go out and smash as much vag as you can.
exactly right mate, just because im talking to her it gives her the excuse to think that im cool with how things are and she can say what she likes. Say what you like to your girl friends but think first before saying it to me. Im over dealing with this sort of crap for a while, go out and have fun and not care is what im all about now.

exactly right mate, just because im talking to her it gives her the excuse to think that im cool with how things are and she can say what she likes. Say what you like to your girl friends but think first before saying it to me. Im over dealing with this sort of crap for a while, go out and have fun and not care is what im all about now.

You should have told her about the "3some" you had the previous week.

You should have told her about the "3some" you had the previous week.
LOL doubt she would have cared, probably would have said good on you or something. some girls very quickly lose interest sexually with guys im finding out, once they have had someone the excitement and the thrill of the chase goes away. Dont really care anymore she can do what she likes tbh.

Yeah i just got dumped (bout a month ago) and all this social networking makes it very hard. It's easier to not stay in touch than to try stay in touch because friends will never work from bitterness

Once you get back out there and hook up (which happened quickly for me) you do start to think and convince yourself they weren't that great...even though the bitch was lol

So hook up as much as possible, delete everything off facebook and numbers (me in particular suffer from drunk msgs/calls) and just try stay occupied. You'll still care and it'll still hurt.

Girls often are mentally challenged, she dumped me...then deleted my facebook after i got over it because my status' apparently made her miss me blah blah...who needs their crap..definitely better not talking to them.

Oh and definitely make her cry, wordplay, blame her for everything, ruin her life emotionally helped me because i got furious about how little she cared. I'm a cruel bitter guy though :p

Yeah i just got dumped (bout a month ago) and all this social networking makes it very hard. It's easier to not stay in touch than to try stay in touch because friends will never work from bitterness

Once you get back out there and hook up (which happened quickly for me) you do start to think and convince yourself they weren't that great...even though the bitch was lol

So hook up as much as possible, delete everything off facebook and numbers (me in particular suffer from drunk msgs/calls) and just try stay occupied. You'll still care and it'll still hurt.

Girls often are mentally challenged, she dumped me...then deleted my facebook after i got over it because my status' apparently made her miss me blah blah...who needs their crap..definitely better not talking to them.

Oh and definitely make her cry, wordplay, blame her for everything, ruin her life emotionally helped me because i got furious about how little she cared. I'm a cruel bitter guy though :p
all these are great points and in normal circumstances they would work because i do all of this when things dont work out with a chick. But it all comes back to the point the main issue which is that i work with her, very hard not to stay in touch and to just try and forget her when you see her everyday. The less i see her out and about outside of work the better, keeping things as professional as possible at work and it will be fine eventually because your their to work and all the focus is usually on that.

many feasible solutions:

however its just like getting a scar from a physical injury, except its inside.

unless youre forgetful jones: that stuff's always there with you

otherwise youre not human. for all the ignoramuses who keep saying that "it didnt happen!" many thanks for that bouquet of condescension!

the only thing you can go with is you have to pull yourself back a little bit the next time or have a cooler approach to doing it
that way you wont feel like youve lost a leg or unable to think or function properly. you can laugh it off or say: 'oh nothing new! just me getting rejected - carry on'

reinvigorating an old thread here, mainly because i feel like a goose, its been 2 months now and i still have lingering feelings for this chick, its really doing my head in, were talking every day now and the conversations vary, innocent mucking around flirting is mixed in with these convos which is partly the reason why i cant let things go. Need to confront her about this i think, its the only way things will go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reinvigorating an old thread here, mainly because i feel like a goose, its been 2 months now and i still have lingering feelings for this chick, its really doing my head in, were talking every day now and the conversations vary, innocent mucking around flirting is mixed in with these convos which is partly the reason why i cant let things go. Need to confrnt her about this i think, its the only way things will go away.

Best of luck mate.. Its the hardest thing to ever do.

reinvigorating an old thread here, mainly because i feel like a goose, its been 2 months now and i still have lingering feelings for this chick, its really doing my head in, were talking every day now and the conversations vary, innocent mucking around flirting is mixed in with these convos which is partly the reason why i cant let things go. Need to confrnt her about this i think, its the only way things will go away.

Sever all ties as fast as you can. As much as a daunting prospect as it sounds its the only way

Sever all ties as fast as you can. As much as a daunting prospect as it sounds its the only way
i work with her and we are friends, i really shouldnt be friends with her yet because of the lingering feelings, severing all ties would alienate me from other friends at work who are friends with her, one in particular is practically her best mate. Its tricky atm, in 2 minds, either confront her about it or tread carefully and avoid alot of contact.

Change job .. get her fired. Really cant be in contact and get some other girls it makes things 20 times quicker.
Not going to get her fired thats just silly, changing locations is definately on the radar ( i work at coles so its easy to get a transfer), getting out and about and hooking up is all well and good but if its only a 1 nighter its not going to change anything. Ill see how things go for another few weeks.

Friends to lovers works but not the other way around. Being around her is like constantly stabbing yourself and wondering why nothing heals.

Even one night stands help, not as much as a **** buddy but everything helps, half the pain is from the longing for female attention. Not saying everything will be fixed but it goes a long way to helping :thumbsu:

Best of luck mate.. Its the hardest thing to ever do.

WTF :eek:

If you are 16 maybe but life throws up bigger challenges than pissing off some silly bitch who likes to play games.

The OP needs to drop this bitch as fast as he can. Talking to her every day and not getting action is like masturbating with a cheese grater....slightly amusing but mostly painful!

Stop talking to her and go root something else, it will clear your mind and get rid of this fog that is sitting on your brain :thumbsu:

i work with her and we are friends, i really shouldnt be friends with her yet because of the lingering feelings, severing all ties would alienate me from other friends at work who are friends with her, one in particular is practically her best mate. Its tricky atm, in 2 minds, either confront her about it or tread carefully and avoid alot of contact.

change jobs TODAY!!!!!!!!

change jobs TODAY!!!!!!!!
im going to tough it out, she is leaving to go to another store in a month, once she is gone i will delete everything associated with her straight away, facebook, mobile number etc. She will most def ask "whats going on why have you deleted me off facebook?" and i will tell her. Either that or stay mates with her after she is gone but very rarely try and speak or catch up with her if at all, it depends on whether or not i am completely fine with the situation which i will be after she is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Family & Relationships How do you get over a girl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back