How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about all of this. I think right now the club needs our support more than ever. The media are salivating over our apparent demise. There’s a tsunami of anti-Collingwood sentiment. We seem to be at a rather low ebb.:(

I’m not talking about individuals, and I’m not supporting all that has happened. And the sooner Edie goes the better.

But I don’t like us eating our own, and kicking ourselves when we’re down. There are enough haters out there to do that for us.
I agree with what you are saying but people do need to vent, I’m not into the whole “outrage culture” that exists today but something has gone terribly wrong inside our Club and we need to confront it. I was one defending the Club and there was a big play happening behind the scenes and the Club stayed quiet and let it fester and all the time the media were onto it. It was the worst trade period in our Clubs history. We then had Ned come out and say it was part of the grand plan, it was blatantly obvious to everyone he didn’t believe his own words.

The only thing that can make this somewhere closer to being right is a flag and a cup and soon.

Should get a BigFooty ticket up and going

well there are a lot of people here who indicate that they are well connected. It's been 20 years that members gave the club to eddie and asked him to win premierships. We have won 1 and come close a few more times. We have the power to take it back, but i dont see the point just complaining. I dont see anything good coming from all these complaints, other than more clicks on media organisations.

There is no effective way to register displeasure on this. The AFL has already crushed my interest in neutral games by allowing the ultra defensive tactics to take the game over. Now, my club has revealed a rotten heart. I won't be able to watch games and barrack for them after this. I see their behaviour as being as bad as Carlton's salary cap cheating, and Essendon's drug cheating, even if it is different in nature.
Following football clubs is not a logical thing: anyone can see that it is a delusion to think that football games actually matter, but we accept the delusion for the feelings, good and bad that it brings. When our faces are rubbed in the ruthlessness and pointlessness of the business, it is hard to maintain the illusion. After more than 50 years following Collingwood, I can't hold on. I might go back to following local footy, but probably won't. Goodbye to all the posters here, sensible and otherwise. I've enjoyed the big footy experience a lot.

I'm a Carlton supporter but I'm a publican in Collingwood and couldn't help but develop a bit of an attachment to your mob when my customers and friends are all Collingwood mad. I'm filthy on your behalf.

i'm upset at your club's failure with brendan bolton and then it's kneejerk reaction to get in michael malthouse. I'm also upset at the way your club has treated stephen silvagni and i'm worried that you might have recontracted eddie betts for reasons other than his ability to kick goals next season. These are only some of the things that make me filthy about carlton's actions.

I agree with what you are saying but people do need to vent, I’m not into the whole “outrage culture” that exists today but something has gone terribly wrong inside our Club and we need to confront it. I was one defending the Club and there was a big play happening behind the scenes and the Club stayed quiet and let it fester and all the time the media were onto it. It was the worst trade period in our Clubs history. We then had Ned come out and say it was part of the grand plan, it was blatantly obvious to everyone he didn’t believe his own words.

The only thing that can make this somewhere closer to being right is a flag and a cup and soon.

I’m hoping this is a turning point for the club, and in the right direction! Not well handled, ham-fisted and all that, but some necessary pain so we can move on.

Not even kidding, on the mymember page I can’t find out to opt out of the auto renew - has anyone done this, how did they find the option?

Can’t see it anywhere.

I’m hoping this is a turning point for the club, and in the right direction! Not well handled, ham-fisted and all that, but some necessary pain so we can move on.
Me too, I am a glass half full when it comes to the Collingwood FC, I thought AT and Stepho were a big part of the solution.

Next year is a new one and we start equal first

i've read a lot of complaints about letting treloar and stephenson go....and of course the gun superstars phillips and atu...... but I didnt see anyone suggest an altternative. It wasnt the right direction, it seems to have been the only direction. Paying these players so much was a mistake. Paying them on longish contracts was a mistake. The administration of the club should be held accountable, but instead people are talking about sacking Guy and whining about Eddie. But in the end, we had to sell players. We need to take back the club too but I think the membership has lost its will and ability to do anything without Eddie

Not even kidding, on the mymember page I can’t find out to opt out of the auto renew - has anyone done this, how did they find the option?

Can’t see it anywhere.
The only opt out I've seen is for the auto renew is on the membership form they send you. You have to tick a box and send it back to them.

The kicker, you had to get it back by 5pm........TODAY

2021 we will see how good Eddie Walsh Bucks etc are at unifying the players, the members and the fans.
They can blame the players all they want but there needs to be changes at the top.
They hired Ned Guy who has brought us in nothing and mishandled the cap
If Stevo wasn’t behaving then who’s job was to mentor him

They can’t blame the players all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have always made it a chore to do anything to change your membership arrangements - the old fashioned way (if you can get through) is about it. And even then it will be a fight.

I've read a lot of complaints about letting Treloar and Stephenson go....and of course the gun superstars Phillips and Atu...... but I didn't see anyone suggest an alternative. It wasn't the right direction, it seems to have been the only direction. Paying these players so much was a mistake. Paying them on longish contracts was a mistake. The administration of the club should be held accountable, but instead people are talking about sacking Guy and whining about Eddie. But in the end, we had to sell players. We need to take back the club too but I think the membership has lost its will and ability to do anything without Eddie
The issue is that we pushed payments out and the reneged on the deals we put in place, it was a cluster ....

Cancel your memberships. If you attend games next season make them games against Bulldogs, Hawks and Kangaroos. Whenever Treloar, Stevo, Phillips or Atu get the pill certainly do not Boo them but cheer them!

The club can spin the oh we have the browns, sier, quaynor, daicos, nobles etc..... but what do we have when injuries once again strike us like they have for nearly a decade? That is another issue that is still constantly just swept under the carpet. So many issues at the club it is not funny

thats because port has consumed you....... we need to consume port

Semantics... end result is the same.... and it's not pretty.

i've read a lot of complaints about letting treloar and stephenson go....and of course the gun superstars phillips and atu...... but I didnt see anyone suggest an altternative. It wasnt the right direction, it seems to have been the only direction. Paying these players so much was a mistake. Paying them on longish contracts was a mistake. The administration of the club should be held accountable, but instead people are talking about sacking Guy and whining about Eddie. But in the end, we had to sell players. We need to take back the club too but I think the membership has lost its will and ability to do anything without Eddie

The anger is largely directed at the decisions and incompetence that led to the cap crisis. It should never have gotten to this. Understanding that it did get to this, the best suggestion I have seen was to off load Grundy. We would have cleared the cap issues, received proper compensation and been able to more easily replace him. What happened yesterday was unacceptable.

It’s a truly ****ed situation, I would like to think of myself as balanced, slightly pessimistic version of an optimist (as I reckon you need to be as a long suffering Pies person), things are never as good or as bad as they seem at the time and take what comes your way and deal with it appropriately type of person, but this nasty tasting period of time I liken to when a loved one betrays you, behind your back being unfaithful, and laughing about it with their new paramour like cowardly children in the shadows. It feels like the club has done this. There’s no going back from that situation.
I love my club dearly but it may take quite some time to fall in love with it again.

I've been a long term defender of the club but the actions of the club in the last 24 hours are indefensible and the people who made these decisions need to be held accountable. They prove that you can stay too long at a football club and then not even be aware that certain actions you take will have no bearing on the feelings of the Collingwood members. Perhaps the thinking is that these events will wash over and when the club has a few wins next year people will forget. Of course when you lose elite talent like Stephenson and Treloar the chances are unless you replace that elite talent with other elite talent the club will go backwards next year. With a highest draft we have being 14 good luck with Derek Hine replacing the talent we have just lost. Perhaps the coaching staff think they are geniuses at getting the playing group to perform with the talent we have just lost in the field. I doubt that since the two best best coaches I think we have at the club, Justin Longmuir and Matthew Boyd have just walked out on the club in the space of 12 months, but I guess we will find that out in due course. I also want to voice my dissatisfaction with some of the negative comments coming from supporters about Stephenson's attitude at the club which led to him being shown the door at Collingwood. So easy to take pot shots at a young immature 21 year old who everybody admits has a lot of growing up to do as he progresses through his football career. Unfortunately that won't be at Collingwood and for that I'm very disappointed.

Bucks is in it up to his eyeballs

Only because it was forced upon him. Do you really think he wants to trade out some of his best players for peanuts, even if he had some issues with them? We know he loved Treloar and has coached him since he was 15.

I can understand people wanting Bucks out for his coaching and gameplan but to want him out because of this mess is pretty dumbfounded. Player contracts should never be part of a coach's job.

Remove this Banner Ad

How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back