Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HS afternoon edition reporting that Queensland is considering switching to the faster rapid-antigen test as a mandatory day five procedure for interstate arrivals, as the state’s testing capacity buckles under huge demand.

I haven’t said anywhere RAT’s replace PCR. What I have said is we need to ease pressure on the PCR system in the immediate short term. You’ve offered no solution. I say RAT’s can be used to ease the pressure, e.g., for those travelling interstate to QLD & SA.

they only ease the pressure on PCR if they replace it. otherwise its just adding an additional cost and time kicker to it

my solution is stop the bandaids, and have the govt pay for the expansion of PCR capacity via fixed minimum contracts for the next three years

Lmao, the age even altered it's headline to remove the reference to NSW.

And the first picture they posted was of St Vincent's in Victoria.

View attachment 1302517

"Bro, the Australian media doesn't have a pro liberal agenda I swear bro".

A good donation coming St V's Melbourne.

Lmao, the age even altered it's headline to remove the reference to NSW.

And the first picture they posted was of St Vincent's in Victoria.

View attachment 1302517

"Bro, the Australian media doesn't have a pro liberal agenda I swear bro".

Got nothing to do with a pro liberal agenda and everything to do with a pro fear agenda.

they only ease the pressure on PCR if they replace it. otherwise its just adding an additional cost and time kicker to it

my solution is stop the bandaids, and have the govt pay for the expansion of PCR capacity via fixed minimum contracts for the next three years
Queensland looking to change from PCR to RAT is a positive move and will ease pressure. The next one is casual contacts.

Queensland looking to change from PCR to RAT is a positive move and will ease pressure. The next one is casual contacts.

My cricket team played against someone who later tested positive. As the government advice was only to recommend a test, not a requirement everyone just did a rapid test. Plus no one could get near a testing site anyway!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can this work with regular RATs and full PPE uniform at all times?

We had regular pcr and full ppe and we would not be deemed a close contact if seeing a patient while wearing face mask (n95) and face shield ; but I’m not sure if this is more reference to a health worker who is exposed in community and goes to work and continues to wear ppe (have heard of a vic hospital-not mine that had hcw from overseas travel work while remaining in ppe when the initial requirement was to quarantine for 14 days before health care settings even if double vaccinated- this requirement has since changed)
Also with hot weather full ppe is difficult at best and fatiguing/ dangerous at worst.

We had regular pcr and full ppe and we would not be deemed a close contact if seeing a patient while wearing face mask (n95) and face shield ; but I’m not sure if this is more reference to a health worker who is exposed in community and goes to work and continues to wear ppe (have heard of a vic hospital-not mine that had hcw from overseas travel work while remaining in ppe when the initial requirement was to quarantine for 14 days before health care settings even if double vaccinated- this requirement has since changed)
Also with hot weather full ppe is difficult at best and fatiguing/ dangerous at worst.

Looks like the change is community so they aren’t short on staff. Just how good and bulletproof is the PPE equipment?

Looks like the change is community so they aren’t short on staff. Just how good and bulletproof is the PPE equipment?
I have been told that transmission from patient to staff in our hospital has been minimal (may not reflect other hospitals)

edit: when staff have been wearing PPE

The state government has been deceiving Victorians by promising their contact tracing private details will always be protected, and even tried to cover up the bombshell for the next five years.
After a fight to expose the truth, the Herald Sun can reveal a secret Supreme Court ruling has confirmed personal information shared with contact tracers or through QR codesdoes not have “absolute protection”.
But the ruling means companies, crime-fighting agencies and authorities such as WorkCover could apply to the court to access the data.

The Herald Sun can also reveal that Covid commander Jeroen Weimar launched a legal bid to have the court case kept secret for five years to stop the damaging revelation being made public.

For two years, contact tracers have explicitly told Victorians that any details they divulge will be used only for public health purposes.
Would that be 2 state elections in that 5 years? which state cabinet minister will get the gig to explain ?

Looking at isn't replacing. And the casual contacts has already been watered down significantly..

This is a big issue long term, because international travel continues to demand PCR AND positives via RAT need to be verified by PCR. Your "solution" doesn't solve anything. When we get the net 250k increase in students here from OS, tourists returning, and business travel returning, Qld allowing Vic to do an initial RAT won't solve the queues.

We need for PCR capacity

The state government has been deceiving Victorians by promising their contact tracing private details will always be protected, and even tried to cover up the bombshell for the next five years.
After a fight to expose the truth, the Herald Sun can reveal a secret Supreme Court ruling has confirmed personal information shared with contact tracers or through QR codesdoes not have “absolute protection”.
But the ruling means companies, crime-fighting agencies and authorities such as WorkCover could apply to the court to access the data.

The Herald Sun can also reveal that Covid commander Jeroen Weimar launched a legal bid to have the court case kept secret for five years to stop the damaging revelation being made public.

For two years, contact tracers have explicitly told Victorians that any details they divulge will be used only for public health purposes.
Would that be 2 state elections in that 5 years? which state cabinet minister will get the gig to explain ?
Who will Dan throw under the bus for this breach of trust?

its consequences

destroy the trust and faith in the testing system, and it will be completely ignored

then we make florida look like a well managed state
Mate that ship sailed months ago.

And there appears to be no difference in health outcomes between Florida and similar jurisdictions (California), although there’s an enormous difference in economic outcomes.

Don’t be terrified. Embrace life as we knew it.

Any truth in the rumours of another lockdown in the first week of Jan if case numbers continue to be over 800 a day?

Whispers are Vic Govt looking at restricting movement due to the problems with not being able to service testing centre demand.

Talk is the optics of having testing centres close early in the day and the high case numbers have the Govt a little spooked
Politically it's suicide.

Mate that ship sailed months ago.

And there appears to be no difference in health outcomes between Florida and similar jurisdictions (California), although there’s an enormous difference in economic outcomes.

Don’t be terrified. Embrace life as we knew it.
Would California economic be more affected due to different industries (eg film, tourism) compared to Florida ie not related to restrictions but due to nature of economic activity?

Would California economic be more affected due to different industries (eg film, tourism) compared to Florida ie not related to restrictions but due to nature of economic activity?
Not really. Tourism similar reliance. Shipping is a big difference. Florida has poached much of California’s import/export work. Then there’s education/social outcomes for kids.

Not really. Tourism similar reliance. Shipping is a big difference. Florida has poached much of California’s import/export work. Then there’s education/social outcomes for kids.
Got links please? Would use 2019 as baseline comparitor to be fair.
Shipping meaning freight/ logistics or cruising (not sure which was more active pre covid for cruises could well be Miami with access to Caribbean )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back