Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won the case and kept the data from Worksafe and the new pandemic laws close off potential sharing of the data.
100% wrong. Worksafe prosecuted the Dept Health WITHOUT the QR information it had sought to access, as it had enough evidence to lay over 50 charges, so the case did not proceed.

Just heard Justin Quill, a leading media lawyer, and he said no government can lawfully claim personal information is totally protected. He was surprised when the government made the claim in August 2021
that’s nice. He kind of said what I said.

Governments are always claiming in absolutes when what they really mean is “we have put together something that we are advised will likely work in this way”. That is all governments. I don’t know whether to blame contemporary governments or media for the desire to reduce every statement to a promise or a three word slogan but that is the world we live in today

And the new pandemic legislation has closed it off as well (albeit yet to be tested in the courts)
Let’s not lose sight of why the government fought to suppress release of the data to Worksafe - to obstruct the WorkSafe prosecution. But WorkSafe had enough evidence to prosecute without the QR info

This lie by the government must have something to it as his protectors on this thread have totally ignored the story and not come out to defend him.

Ignorance is bliss here.
They're still getting a story together. Give them time.
Waiting to see who he will blame (female ministers and public servants must be getting nervous since women are his preferred scapegoats) after rehearsing his I had no idea speech.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
True. The official 1100 tax payer spin doctors along with the many more unpaid spin doctors will be in deep thought as we speak.
They've arrived after a quick debrief. "If you have nothing to hide..............".

Absolute morons!

These cheerleaders are what's wrong with our state. That and an incompetent opposition.

They've arrived after a quick debrief. "If you have nothing to hide..............".

Absolute morons!

These cheerleaders are what's wrong with our state. That and an incompetent opposition.

I reckon some Labor nuffies on bigfooty is one of the last things wrong with the state

I'd be more concerned with 10% of the population being susceptible to anti-science, neo-nazis and grifters

I reckon some Labor nuffies on bigfooty is one of the last things wrong with the state

I'd be more concerned with 10% of the population being susceptible to anti-science, neo-nazis and grifters
Didn't say cheerleaders only associated with this site did I? Cheerleader nuffies from either side are 100% what's wrong with this state. Embarrassingly as bad as each other.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't agree with you on a topic is a Dan fan yeah?

HUN is poison, they aren't reporting in public interest, crickets from then when its not a Labor Government with the secrecy or spin.

They wouldn't know balanced factual reporting if it hit them in the face

My view on that has nothing to do with my view on the Andrews Government btw, they both suck

Are you criticising the revelation being made public or the source for exposing it given the suppression order?

100% wrong. Worksafe prosecuted the Dept Health WITHOUT the QR information it had sought to access, as it had enough evidence to lay over 50 charges, so the case did not proceed.

Over a months-long dispute, WorkSafe continued to request the documents, stating there could be criminal penalties for failing to comply and rejecting the department's assertion that they be protected under a public interest immunity.
The back-and-forth between the agencies and their lawyers also included a WorkSafe investigator issuing directions in person at the department's offices.

The notices to produce the contact tracing information were withdrawn in September, when WorkSafe charged the department with 58 breaches of the Occupational Health and Safety Act in the hotel quarantine system.

The department's failure to produce the documents was set to go to trial in mid-October, but the court date was replaced with a WorkSafe application for a suppression order covering the matter to be lifted and for a summary judgment from the court.

In his analysis, Supreme Court Justice Andrew Keogh said "there cannot be an absolute protection of contact tracing information on public interest immunity grounds which renders it immune from disclosure, irrespective of the precise information concerned, and when, in what circumstances, and for what purpose disclosure of the information is sought".

He did not make a ruling on whether or not the information was subject to public interest immunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over a 11000 cases in NSW today expect a tidal wave in VIC, there is nothing to stop it from coming

That 11000 number is only those that have gotten tested too, gotta remember Health Hazzard told people not to get tested and there's huge delays and people getting turned away.... complete shit show.

Lol absolutely bonkers to see people wanting to close borders again

Yeah not really viable anymore you would think now that people have had a taste of movement. However if I was McGowan I’d be dropping a WA sized dome right over the top of his state.

The ideal strain to circulate is the one that puts zero people in hospital.

Yeah not really viable anymore you would think now that people have had a taste of movement. However if I was McGowan I’d be dropping a WA sized dome right over the top of his state.

Our main problems at present, are created by us.

Meanwhile, QLD has dropped a Covid testing rule for interstate arrivals after coming under pressure for its strict regimen. Interstate travellers to Queensland will only need a negative rapid antigen test from January 1.

South Australia had required visitors from NSW, Victoria and the ACT to return a negative PCR test but the state changed its rules on December 26 to accept rapid antigen test results. Common sense is prevailing.

Meanwhile, QLD has dropped a Covid testing rule for interstate arrivals after coming under pressure for its strict regimen. Interstate travellers to Queensland will only need a negative rapid antigen test from January 1.
Do you have to line up for a RAT or where do you get them?

Even his popularity is starting to wane talking to family members over the weekend, i think he will stick to his opening date now, regardless of what happens from here on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back