Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet they’re still better than the alternative. It’s the lesser of 2 evils, at least Dan doesn’t have to ask his wife to see whether rape is bad.
Did Matthew Guy do that?

Not many positives in people dying.
Thats why WorkSafe needs to keep on trying to get to the bottom of hotel quarantine failures, its their bloody job.

As for Dan, he was elected last time on the back of doing things. Swinging voters gave him their votes. Thats the political reality & the same swinging voters will elect the next Government.
The committed/rusted on, will continue to whistle their own merry tune.

Vote Dan and you vote for a government that has earned the title of being the suppression order capital of Australia.

It’s not hard to see why Victoria is termed the suppression order capital of Australia. In 2017, Victorian courts issued 444 orders — twice as many as NSW, which had the next most. Since the passage of the state’s Open Courts Act in 2013, orders have been increasingly used to close off courts in Victoria and create an air of secrecy.

Last edited:

Vote Dan and you vote for a government that has earned the title of being the suppression order capital of Australia.

It’s not hard to see why Victoria is termed the suppression order capital of Australia. In 2017, Victorian courts issued 444 orders — twice as many as NSW, which had the next most. Since the passage of the state’s Open Courts Act in 2013, orders have been increasingly used to close off courts in Victoria and create an air of secrecy.
Link?

Victoria records 3,767 COVID-19 cases, rapid antigen tests to be freely distributed from January

The Victorian government says rapid antigen testing will be free and widely available within weeks, after it secured a delivery of more than 34 million testing kits.

Link is from 2019 but I can’t find anything more recent (does support contention by Sstew).
Open courts act appears to have put end date on suppression orders, there are issues with “legacy suppression orders which are unknown with no end date and could be inadvertently breached”

In addition result of review into open courts act (review from 2017)

is it me or has the steam come out of yesterdays herald scum revelations?

also a little amused defence have approved the darwin port sale - seems a physical asset owned by chinese interests is a lot less of an issue than an in-principle agreement around belt and road initiatives .... i mean ..... who da f$%k saw that one coming ...... LMAO

Is it anything new ? Its hardly news.
For example:

More specifically Vic:

The suppression capital
With the Pell conviction now out in the open, some attention has turned to the use of suppression orders in Victoria. Broadly, suppression orders are intended to ensure a fair trial by restricting information that could prejudice potential jurors.

Suppression orders and lawyers’ arrogance undermine democracy
Read More >
It’s not hard to see why Victoria is termed the suppression order capital of Australia. In 2017, Victorian courts issued 444 orders — twice as many as NSW, which had the next most.
...Since the passage of the state’s Open Courts Act in 2013, orders have been increasingly used to close off courts in Victoria and create an air of secrecy.

is it me or has the steam come out of yesterdays herald scum revelations?

also a little amused defence have approved the darwin port sale - seems a physical asset owned by chinese interests is a lot less of an issue than an in-principle agreement around belt and road initiatives .... i mean ..... who da f$%k saw that one coming ...... LMAO

I'd suggest it would have sold a few more copies & made the general public aware that the timeclock that was ticking for WorkSafe hasnt gone away.
Ms Judd (DPP) can expect a call from Ms Orr (Solicitor General) as the legal warriors for & against resume in the new year.

Foley said today the third dose (booster) is critical to flattening this curve.

Im all for the vax, but this surely isn’t correct?

Remember Israel was seeing a spike before they went full on for the third jab.

Our wave from when Gen X started getting tested starts now (literally just got my sms saying I'm due for my booster 10 mins ago)

question without notice on the booster shot ..... does the online certificate attached to your state run QR app automatically update .... or do you have to access a brand new certificate from medicare (and do all the transfer stuff once obtained)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Israel was seeing a spike before they went full on for the third jab.

Our wave from when Gen X started getting tested starts now (literally just got my sms saying I'm due for my booster 10 mins ago)

There seems to be emerging reports that the omicron variant provides some immunity against delta. If that’s the case, will this assist at all also?

There seems to be emerging reports that the omicron variant provides some immunity against delta. If that’s the case, will this assist at all also?

So far the general word has been even if the vaccines are less effective, it's only marginally.

A slightly less effective Vax is still far better than no Vax at all.

Remember most hospitalizations continue to be the unvaxxed

Foley said today the third dose (booster) is critical to flattening this curve.

Im all for the vax, but this surely isn’t correct?

Word of mouth only but a frontline health worker went out pre Xmas for a drink with fellow workers. She was 3vac'd, the rest 2 vac'd - they all tested positive bar the 3 vacc'd lady.

So far the general word has been even if the vaccines are less effective, it's only marginally.

A slightly less effective Vax is still far better than no Vax at all.

Remember most hospitalizations continue to be the unvaxxed

Yeah na I was more so asking, a combination of vaccine/booster + omicron immunity again delta - would this assist in dropping the cases / flatting the curve also.

Yeah na I was more so asking, a combination of vaccine + omicron immunity again delta - would this assist in dropping the cases / flatting the curve also.

If you're suggesting don't get vaxxed, but deliberately get infected with omicron, I'd say don't be silly and get the jab - esp if you're already double dosed.

Omicron is less harmful that delta, but it's not a care bear, and the issue of omicron and long covid is still to be answered

If you're suggesting don't get vaxxed, but deliberately get infected with omicron, I'd say don't be silly and get the jab - esp if you're already double dosed.

Omicron is less harmful that delta, but it's not a care bear, and the issue of omicron and long covid is still to be answered

Nup not what I was suggesting. Just asking about that combination (with boosters) and if the immunity part with Omicron would assist in dropping cases / ending this pandemic.

Nup not what I was suggesting. Just asking about that combination (with boosters) and if the immunity part with Omicron would assist in dropping cases / ending this pandemic.

One thing you need to appreciate is if you get covid, you can still get it again. It's not like chicken pox.

question without notice on the booster shot ..... does the online certificate attached to your state run QR app automatically update .... or do you have to access a brand new certificate from medicare (and do all the transfer stuff once obtained)
need to update your services vic app with the new cert either from mygov or medicare app
their version updates automatically but not the services vic version

Well unless Dan is going to go against the health advice, do you need to update anyway? You don’t lose your vaccination status if you don’t get a booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back