I was right, Mccartney should have been delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Tar

The AFL was wrong for giving him permission to change his jumper.

Why not let him? The AFL have a long history of allowing players and clubs to change part of the jumper as a one off. Carlton's m&m jumper, North's orange, Mick Martyn, St. Kilda.

What is the difference between McCartney having two extra numbers on the front of his jumper and Sydney wearing the team of the century jumper?

Originally posted by Chris_Judd
what the f@#k am I being abused for??? All I said is that tonights events were a publicity stunt by the Kangaroos. I didn't say a ****en thing about Jason McCartney.... and I challenge anyone to prove to me that tonight was anything but a staged stunt by the Kangaroos ona Friday night game to get more people to go to it and a national tv audience.

If you think thats worthy of having me banned from this footy board then I would think 90% of the morons who troll these boards and their comments would be banned as well.

First well done to Jason McCartney for his effort in comming back from terrible injuries....But I also think Chris_Judd has a point....I don't think his entire come back was a stunt but I do think he gave it a go, decided it was not for him a few weeks ago and the club and he decided to play one more and say good bye....nothing wrong with that, infact good to see...so I see it as a positive rather than a negative.

Hardly worth commenting on by Chris_Judd but thats what this board is for, and certainly a gross over reaction by many of the BF people that are carrying on like Chris_Judd just committed a crime. Its really starting to smell like mindless patriotic flag waving in here, a dangerous occupation to be in at the best of times but deadly in the worst of times.

Originally posted by Tar
I stand by everything I said. If you school kids don't like what I say I couldn't care less. Looks like this place is turning into communist russia with all the censorship.

Fact is Mccartney is not siginificant as many of you suggest. Someone here said it was the greatest moment in football ever?

That little imbecile has forgotton about all the wars australian footballers have faught in AND DIED IN. Put it in perspective instead of carrying on like it is the greatest moment in football ever.

The AFL was wrong for giving him permission to change his jumper.

Pffft !! you are INDEED A COMPLETE IDIOT !!..... then again you should know that by now. go away you peasant

How many times did he change jumpers? I saw him change one guernsey, at 3/4 time. Cut that up into 200 pieces, frame them with a print and signature, and flog them for $1000 each and you have $200K before expenses.

I'll bet there will be more than 200 sold.
Originally posted by Slax
3 touches and each was worth about $200,000 each to North

Tar, you really are the most reprehensible person I have ever had the misfortune to listen to.

You are so low in the scheme of things, you would need to improve yourself immeasurably to be worthy of the honor of cleaning the arseholes of scavenger pigs.

Jason McCartney earned his place in the side. After what he's been through, I'd have approved of his being selected if he'd had to take the field in an iron lung. Not only did he survive his injuries, make a virtually full recovery and start playing again, but he got his place in the team by playing well enough to warrant it.

If you think Jason McCartney doesn't deserve everything he's achieved, why don't you go down to Arden street and tell him that to his face? You'll go home toothless and crawling on your belly like the worm you are.

Originally posted by Generalissimo

If you think Jason McCartney doesn't deserve everything he's achieved, why don't you go down to Arden street and tell him that to his face? You'll go home toothless and crawling on your belly like the worm you are.

Are you unable to read or you choose not to?

I don't give a two ****s about whether he deserved to play or not. The fact is he HAS QUIT, somthing which he should have done before last years draft.

Originally posted by Tar

I don't give a two ****s about whether he deserved to play or not. The fact is he HAS QUIT, somthing which he should have done before last years draft.
How could he possibly know he was going retire at that stage? Surely he couldn’t know if his body was up to a comeback until he at least tried? The club did the right thing by him by leaving the ball in his court and allowing McCartney to decide. They also selected him on form, which was very good over a number of weeks with Port Melbourne.
The facts are he was selected on form and retirement only came about because his body couldn’t stand up to it. Unless he tried a comeback he would have never known!
Everything is easy in hindsight..........Im sure if your mother had of known how you where going to turn out, she would have given up early too and had an abortion.

The player the Kangaroos would of got in the draft probably wouldn't of played this year anyways. McCartney was a very good footballer, he may of retired last year, but he would of got out of retirement for the one last game anyways. So it's better for him to get over it now and recover from them burns he has. Atleast he was man enough to retire when he knew he couldn't handle it anymore, some players go on and on and go out on a sour note. Atleast Jason can go out with his head heald high, and be able to live his life outside of football knowing he was able to say goodbye to the game.

The first quarter of last night's game had a lot of bad errors in it. Atleast it ended up a good game and well done to Jason, and to the fans and players of Richmond they showed great sportmenship as someone else on their thread said. It was good to hear everyone cheer Jason on and off the field and when he got his mark and goal. I wish him well whatever he decides to do now his AFL career is over.

Originally posted by Tar

BZZZZT, wrong answer. He should not have quit last year. The fact that he was able to play in the AFL team on his own merit proves that. Disregarding emotion and the exact details of McCartney's injury, he was no different to any other player coming back from a lengthy injury.

It's probably already been said but from those 3 touches he got a goal and the match-winning assist.

It's looking at the game rather simplistically but that's 12 points he had a direct hand in and the game margin was 3.

Great effort from the ex-Pie, ex-Crow and now sadly, ex-Roo.

Originally posted by tashibatts
8 months ago he was at deaths door.

And its 3 possessions, more than you will ever get in AFL footy.

Go Roos

I have to agree, for someone who looked like they were finished you have to give the guy SOME credit he is a champion for coming back, even if it was for 1 game where he only got 3 touches.

Originally posted by Tar

Lets just say that some people have souls and some have **** in them. I think you know which one you have.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by R00StaR

Everything is easy in hindsight..........Im sure if your mother had of known how you where going to turn out, she would have given up early too and had an abortion. [/B]

:D :D

Re: Re: I was right, Mccartney should have been delisted.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
He kicked a goal and they won by less than a goal.Take him out of tonights game and North would've lost.

Now run off troll boy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

says it all to me and he had an assist in another at the most crucial time of the game the end

Originally posted by Generalissimo
Tar, you really are the most reprehensible person I have ever had the misfortune to listen to.

You are so low in the scheme of things, you would need to improve yourself immeasurably to be worthy of the honor of cleaning the arseholes of scavenger pigs.

Jason McCartney earned his place in the side. After what he's been through, I'd have approved of his being selected if he'd had to take the field in an iron lung. Not only did he survive his injuries, make a virtually full recovery and start playing again, but he got his place in the team by playing well enough to warrant it.

Love your sig Generalissimo.

If the emotion of the McCartney scenario has got North over the line in just ONE game which we might otherwise have lost, it will have been worth it.

Laidley has said in the off-season that McCartney would have been retained, regardless of the Bali incident.

McCartney's form in the VFL was good enough to justify senior selection, but he did look a little rusty when promoted, as anyone would after several months' absence.

McCartney has proved himself over 100+ games and been a very solid performer for the club, and therefore deserved every opportunity to prove to himself & everyone else that he could still play.

Who knows what motivation and spirit he provided to team-mates along the journey to this game? It's an intangible factor. Given the service he has provided, part of which was as a major player in the 1999 seasons before the GF suspension... the club did the right thing.

Sentimental it might have been, but it was justified. For not only Jason McCartney, but all the others that survived the Bali attacks, Jase proved that someone can get on with their lives despite horrific injuries and mental experiences.

Doesn't matter that he got 3 touches and "only" kicked one goal... if he's given hope to the many people that DID survive Bali, and even those who weren't there but have suffered other horrific injuries in their lifetimes, it was worth it.

The publicity Jason's experiences have brought to the Bali tragedy, and the courgae and determination of people like him to overcome their setbacks, is inspiration to many people, and affects more than just the 38-strong player list at the Kangaroos.

Object achieved, and he's stood aside to give someone else a go. What a hero. :)

Originally posted by L-Nizzy
Their opinions may be morally incomprehensible to most of us, but I don't think ANYONE should be banned simply for a difference of opinion.

Are we listening, mods?

First person to talk some sense on here for a while...

Firstly, ChrisJudd - you AGREED with Tar. Oh sure, you didn't mention Jason by name, but you SAID you AGREED! So if you want to get the cow manure off your face you'd better retract that agreement quick smart!

As for you, Tar, the reason why all of us are down on you and your two buddies is because YOU are the brainless sheep. Brainless, soulless and downright spirit-less.

Dermott Brereton may have given a few knocks in his time, but he's taken them as well. And gotten up again and got on with it. Whether it be Mark Yeates or that cheap SOB down at Dromana when Derm played a season with the Frankston Bombers in 1996. He knows about the spirit of the game - and your little cheap shot just proved how little you understand about it.

I agree with the mods decision to keep this thread open, and I also agree with the "insinuated" decision that the three of the walking garbage bags are on thin ice regarding their membership here. Footy is not ALL about money - and the first person who says otherwise exposes themselves as a complete know-nothing about the REAL game! And what we saw last night was the stuff that fairytales are made for - and no amount of so-called "publicity stunts" could possibly have had that on their script!!

I have avoided replying to this topic since I first saw it early this morning. I didn't want to just sit here and propergate the 'Tar you are nothing but a complete ****wit' sentiment, without being able to find a better way of saying it.

Unfortunately that hasn't happened.

Tar, HarryKewell, and yes you too Chris-judd, are complete and utter contemptable examples of human beings as shown by your input to this topic.

Infact, your intential disregard for the emotional and physical battle that Jason has endured, coupled with your arsewipe attitude to posters on this site has just earned the first 2 of you mentioned a weeks suspension (maybe more - depending on my mood in a week). C_J, you have a little (very little) time to redeem yourself on this one or you are out the door too.

For people calling themselves football supporters, you have no ****ing idea in the world.

Our great game is based on passion. Emotion. The battle to survive instinct. To even suggest that North did the wrong thing here is to proclaim that you are a couple of heartless bastards who have no interest in the underlying foundations of our game, but instead the almighty dollar you claim North wooed here, is the governer of your own beings.

Welcome back, and farewell, Jason, you did the unthinkable, survived it, fought to regain your life, and survived. You are a hero.

Originally posted by Danni
I have avoided replying to this topic since I first saw it early this morning. I didn't want to just sit here and propergate the 'Tar you are nothing but a complete ****wit' sentiment, without being able to find a better way of saying it.

Unfortunately that hasn't happened.

Tar, HarryKewell, and yes you too Chris-judd, are complete and utter contemptable examples of human beings as shown by your input to this topic.

Infact, your intential disregard for the emotional and physical battle that Jason has endured, coupled with your arsewipe attitude to posters on this site has just earned the first 2 of you mentioned a weeks suspension (maybe more - depending on my mood in a week). C_J, you have a little (very little) time to redeem yourself on this one or you are out the door too.

For people calling themselves football supporters, you have no ****ing idea in the world.

Our great game is based on passion. Emotion. The battle to survive instinct. To even suggest that North did the wrong thing here is to proclaim that you are a couple of heartless bastards who have no interest in the underlying foundations of our game, but instead the almighty dollar you claim North wooed here, is the governer of your own beings.

Welcome back, and farewell, Jason, you did the unthinkable, survived it, fought to regain your life, and survived. You are a hero.

Thanks, Danni.:)

The fact that Jason McCartney survived the Bali bombings at all means that he, along with the other victims of this tragedy, deserve our immediate respect, no doubt. The fact that McCartney helped others to safety makes him a true hero. The fact that he came back to play football at the higest level, makes him a legend of the game. He kicked a goal, and set up the goal that won the game for the 'roos - he deserves our upmost praise and admiration. Well done, Jason. He wanted to play again, and he did. There is no way anyone would have accepted this remarkable achievment go by unnoticed.
Anyone who would seek to diminish the inspiring and coragous nature of Jasons comeback needs a reality check and some perspective, pronto.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was right, Mccartney should have been delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back