ICC Champions Trophy Preliminary Game 4: Australia v West Indies @ Mumbai (Wed D/N)

Remove this Banner Ad

mark73 said:
Don't get carried away.As opposed to the other night these are actually two decent teams.Was always going to be of a higher standard from both sides.

WI...4/141

Pitch still not super though. Remember the two teams playing the other night hadn't played one day internationals since March. I think it showed. We and the West Indies playing in Malaysia a few weeks back was probably a good warm up for this tournament.

eddiesmith said:
McGrath is back in fine form getting wickets when the batsman has been crippled
So you reckon he should just bowl half-volleys at 90km/h just so the crippled batsman can have a few runs? He's supposed to get him out, and he did. Can't criticise that.

GoSydneySwans said:
So you reckon he should just bowl half-volleys at 90km/h just so the crippled batsman can have a few runs? He's supposed to get him out, and he did. Can't criticise that.
Cant call him a gun, superstar, genius etc either based on that wicket, the only one he has gotten so far whilst being smashed the rest of the time, seems age is catching up with him

GoSydneySwans said:
I don't even know why you responded to it.

Anyway, 5/219 in the 48th.Personally I don't think they've got anywhere near enough.

eddiesmith said:
Cant call him a gun, superstar, genius etc either based on that wicket, the only one he has gotten so far whilst being smashed the rest of the time, seems age is catching up with him
How long was his lay off eddie? I suppose he's just supposed to walk back into peak form?

Btw, his "gun" status is more based on 542 test wickets at 21, and 332 ODI wickets at 22. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mark73 said:
How long was his lay off eddie? I suppose he's just supposed to walk back into peak form?

Btw, his "gun" status is more based on 542 test wickets at 21, and 332 ODI wickets at 22. :)
Shhhhh, don't talk sense to him. :D

Great knock by Morton, great to see a "fringe" player come in and reward his selection like that.

Competitive total in the end, sets it up for a good chase by Australia.

Well done to Brett Lee on 250 ODI wickets by the way. :thumbsu:

mark73 said:

Exactly like New Zealand and SA the other night, hence their rustiness. I would still back either of those teams against the West Indies. Both cleaned them up in their most recent encounters.

I don't understand why you people respond to eddie tool ..he's just a sad little fat pommy lover who is still bitter after watching the Vics get pounded for 900 runs in a final ...best just ignore him ....at least until the ashes ..and then we can really have some fun with the little fat toad :D

Re: ICC Champions Trophy Preliminary Game 4: Australia v West Indies @ Mumbai (Wed D/

Is it just me or has Mcgrath lost a yard of pace since he rolled his ankle in the Ashes? He is strictly Pollock-pace right now, not good enough

Don't know why Ponting brought back the quicks early in the death just to let them bowl half trackers, should've gone with Symonds lot earlier and the other spinners, too.

It's a good total by the Windies, Sarwan should be getting some overs tonight as he's probably one of the only spinners in the side

Re: ICC Champions Trophy Preliminary Game 4: Australia v West Indies @ Mumbai (Wed D/

Cooldude said:
Is it just me or has Mcgrath lost a yard of pace since he rolled his ankle in the Ashes? He is strictly Pollock-pace right now, not good enough

Don't know why Ponting brought back the quicks early in the death just to let them bowl half trackers, should've gone with Symonds lot earlier and the other spinners, too.

It's a good total by the Windies, Sarwan should be getting some overs tonight as he's probably one of the only spinners in the side
why ???? our spinners weren't getting any turn on the pitch or bowling any better than the quicks .
The pitch is actually quite good to bat on ...we should get these runs in a canter if we bat sensibly

Cleavy said:
What about Gayle and Samuels?

Oh yeah, forgot about Gayle. Samuels is a chucker

Sarwan's probably the one who'll get genuine turn out there though and can take wickets. They'll need wickets, the Windies, if Aus bats out 50 overs they probably will win this one

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC Champions Trophy Preliminary Game 4: Australia v West Indies @ Mumbai (Wed D/N)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back