If Burton is out, Gill should come in

Remove this Banner Ad

Gill is far from ready for AFL footy, he doesn't even look ready for SANFL footy at the moment.

He couldn't possibly be fit enough for AFL at this stage IMO.

Hentschel would be a risk as well. He needs at least 2 to 3 more games to condition him IMO.

The safe 2 because they are fit are Jericho and Mcgregor but each of these have their faults as well.

If Richmond are playing a small forward line Stevens might go up forward with another HB/mid-fielder type brought in eg Campbell.

Jericho is the likely one though. A poor man's Burton.

He couldn't possibly be fit enough for AFL at this stage IMO.

Hentschel would be a risk as well. He needs at least 2 to 3 more games to condition him IMO.

The safe 2 because they are fit are Jericho and Mcgregor but each of these have their faults as well.

If Richmond are playing a small forward line Stevens might go up forward with another HB/mid-fielder type brought in eg Campbell.

Jericho is the likely one though. A poor man's Burton.

If Jericho was going to dominate a game, it would be this one.

I will bet my house on it Jericho comes in this week. If he doesnt it will be Kenny.. Gill and Hentschell will play SANFL this week... Its a no brainer...

I really don't think McGregor should/will come in for Burton, because we will be too top heavy. We need to replace him with a Jericho or Otten type to cover his mobility. However if Griffin were to be dropped as well, i can see Kenny getting the nod. Having said that, i hope Griff stays in the side, as i think he could do very well this week.

never thought I'd say this but Jericho should come in for Burton.

McGregor would be a step backwards....and Gill and Trent aren't ready yet.
Agree that Gill & Trent are underdone & not worth risking & McGregor leaves us too top heavy.

Our Birdmanless forward line looks vulnerable this week & may need Goodwin to spend more time up there (hopefully Radar can spend more time in the middle with some more match fitness).

I would consider bringing in Jericho & Otten for Burton & Bassett.

Massie would be handy. Who picks up Nathan Brown?

MacKay doesn't deserve to be dropped. He has rarely made a mistake this year and everyone was under pressure on Friday night
Agree with this.

Mackay 2008 similar to van Berlo 2005

VB didn't have a massive impact that first year but we are seeing the benefits down the line.

As much as i like Gill, it appears that neither he nor Hentschell are quite match ready yet. McGregor would make us way too top heavy.
Therefore its Jericho for Burton IMO - and Jericho probably actually deserves his spot. At least he can kick straight.

I doubt that there will be any other unforced changes, however, i do believe that we need some more pace in the side and my own personal opinion is that we are carrying 1 bigger bloke too many in the side - eg Stevens or Bassett, or one of the 3 rucks - (but i wouldnt drop Tippett) and Stevens has been playing well enough, Bassett has been down a bit and its a very difficult decision to drop a long standing well performed senior player such as him.
Nevertheless, if it was me choosing the side Jacky (or Dangerfield) would come in at the expense of one of Bassett,Stevens,Griffin,Maric (and to arouse the ire of his fans may i even suggest Shirley :D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as i like Gill, it appears that neither he nor Hentschell are quite match ready yet. McGregor would make us way too top heavy.
Therefore its Jericho for Burton IMO - and Jericho probably actually deserves his spot. At least he can kick straight.

I doubt that there will be any other unforced changes, however, i do believe that we need some more pace in the side and my own personal opinion is that we are carrying 1 bigger bloke too many in the side - eg Stevens or Bassett, or one of the 3 rucks - (but i wouldnt drop Tippett) and Stevens has been playing well enough, Bassett has been down a bit and its a very difficult decision to drop a long standing well performed senior player such as him.
Nevertheless, if it was me choosing the side Jacky (or Dangerfield) would come in at the expense of one of Bassett,Stevens,Griffin,Maric (and to arouse the ire of his fans may i even suggest Shirley :D)

I don't think this is the problem so much as where their abilities lie. We have 4 tall defenders in effect in Rutten, Bock, Stevens and Basset, which in comparison to the rest of the ground where we have 2 ruckman and a ruckman forward. Unfortunately our 2 best tall defenders would probably be the 2 most likely to succeed up forward, but you just don't want to move Rutten or Bock. Unfortunately all 4 of these tall defenders are essentially undroppable and our forward line has probably gone a lot shorter because of this, with shorts pretending to be tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Burton is out, Gill should come in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back