India vs England test series

Remove this Banner Ad

LTD not having a go at you but yeah sometimes it does seem you do have it in for the Indians. I quite enjoy some of your comments on here, and kudos to you, you cop it on the chin as well, hats of to you my friend. :thumbsu:

LtD, I'll say you do make a fool of yourself from time to time, but how can you criticise someone for saying England would win? Until the last session and a half they looked like they would.

I didn't see this thread full of predictions for India to pull off a miracle win.

while i never posted in here till now, i did believe India could win even chasing 387.

however they were outplayed for the first few days, its fair to assume most would think England "could" win after day 3!

LtD, I'll say you do make a fool of yourself from time to time, but how can you criticise someone for saying England would win? Until the last session and a half they looked like they would.

I didn't see this thread full of predictions for India to pull off a miracle win.

I called it.

Not taking a shot on him for saying England would win, more regarding his theory about how the toss is a highly major factor which determines which team can win in a test on the subcontinent. This test has proved that, if you have the better team, you'll win 8 if not 9 times out of 10.

Plus he's been claiming that he didn't believe India could be an upcoming superpower, well, when you've just come off beating the #1 team in the world pretty easily by a 2 test margin and pulled off the fourth highest chase, you'd think they were headed towards that path.

I dont have it in for India at all, i think sometimes the commentators go a bit over the top with what they say, but Indians as a whole are naturally very excitable people. It is in their nature.

The sig was intended to illustrate some of the silly things the Indians can come out and say. It is only tongue in cheek.

Bugger

Sadly being an England fan you become used to snatching defeat from straight forward victory .Couldnt bear to watch from the dinner period onwards as it was going just as I thought

Well done India another step up on the rung .

And 387 to win in the last innings has never been done on the subcontinent till today. Did England stuff it up yesterday when they should have just thrown the bat? They could have got 450 - 480 if they had thrown the bad around. So what do you guys think did England make a mistake, they lost the momentum yesterday I think.

Not taking a shot on him for saying England would win, more regarding his theory about how the toss is a highly major factor which determines which team can win in a test on the subcontinent. This test has proved that, if you have the better team, you'll win 8 if not 9 times out of 10.

Plus he's been claiming that he didn't believe India could be an upcoming superpower, well, when you've just come off beating the #1 team in the world pretty easily by a 2 test margin and pulled off the fourth highest chase, you'd think they were headed towards that path.

I believe my theory about the toss has merit. Especially with regards to western sides visiting the subcontinent in the chances of touring sides to win to foreign conditions.

One test match with the greatest batsmen since Bradman playing one of his finest innings isnt going to "disprove" the theory, rather i feel it is an exception. However, it is just my opinion, there is no need to get so worked up about it.

Sure, India have just come off a great series win and a great chase, but Tendulkar has a year or 2 left, what about when his gone?

India have also come off a 2 - 0 loss to Sri Lanka and being bowled out for 74 against South Africa. Works both ways mate.

And 387 to win in the last innings has never been done on the subcontinent till today. Did England stuff it up yesterday when they should have just thrown the bat? They could have got 450 - 480 if they had thrown the bad around. So what do you guys think did England make a mistake, they lost the momentum yesterday I think.

They have done this quite often over the last three years .They get in good positions then seem to lose their nerve .They never seem to know when to declare .
Yesterday India were on the ropes they then scored 57 runs in two hours and the momentum changed .

Probably but apart from Straussy and Colly everyone was in and out far too quickly.

Bugger

Sadly being an England fan you become used to snatching defeat from straight forward victory .Couldnt bear to watch from the dinner period onwards as it was going just as I thought

Well done India another step up on the rung .

What about Monty?

He seems to be bowling to fast, he should slow it down to low 80's and high 70's. I remember when he bowled Langer at the WACA in late 2006 with a beautiful ball (granted Langer played inside it) that was tossed up and immediately Langer was unsure.

There seems to be a school of thought that on Indian wickets spinners need to ball quicker.

I remember in 2004 Warnie doing something similar in the first test for a day or 2 before Terry Jenner or AB or someone said to slow his speeds down a bit and success came.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Monty?

He seems to be bowling to fast, he should slow it down to low 80's and high 70's. I remember when he bowled Langer at the WACA in late 2006 with a beautiful ball (granted Langer played inside it) that was tossed up and immediately Langer was unsure.

There seems to be a school of thought that on Indian wickets spinners need to ball quicker.

I remember in 2004 Warnie doing something similar in the first test for a day or 2 before Terry Jenner or AB or someone said to slow his speeds down a bit and success came.

I think he is going to get a lot of stick for this performance .In every test the commentators start on the fact that Monty knows he is bowling to fast .He knows it but doesnt seem to be able to do anything about it .
No doubt he could be good whether he will or not will be called into question very quickly

:D

Exactly. Dravid is a solid player, but he's no match winner.

50 overs to tea on Day 5! What's up with that? Test over rates are one of the biggest jokes in world cricket.

oh god!

this is equivalent to what happened when australia scored 438 in an odi against south africa

south africa came out and took 200 off that total in the first 20 overs

and they only needed 238 to win off 180 balls from that point on

English papers are being a bit harsh i reckon.

Sehwag was IMO the main reason why they got those runs, yeah Tendulkar played a great innings but the openers set it up.

In the first test Ponting was criticised for leaving the declaration too long but Sehwag showed why it was a smart move.

In 20 overs one Sehwag and halfed the required total by a 1/3.

Yeah LTD I agree, but England shot themselves in the foot. I was watching the game on the the fourth day and I knew India thought they had a chance as soon as England started piss farting around when they had the momentum. And I think Shewag when he was interviewed at the lunch break said something like we are going to win this. England should have crushed India, they dominated for 3 and half days.

Yeah well they didn't due to 2 brillant innings.

One by the greatest batsmen since Bradman and the other by a player that is as red hot as anyone when his on.

The spin bowling was ordinary as well, people like to get stuck into the captains, but the bowling was ordinary.

Yeah, England should have won it but it's very difficult when Sehwag is in full flight.

I believe my theory about the toss has merit. Especially with regards to western sides visiting the subcontinent in the chances of touring sides to win to foreign conditions.

One test match with the greatest batsmen since Bradman playing one of his finest innings isnt going to "disprove" the theory, rather i feel it is an exception. However, it is just my opinion, there is no need to get so worked up about it.

Sure, India have just come off a great series win and a great chase, but Tendulkar has a year or 2 left, what about when his gone?

India have also come off a 2 - 0 loss to Sri Lanka and being bowled out for 74 against South Africa. Works both ways mate.

They lost 2-1 to SL and that 74 allout came in a series with 2-1 result. SAF also produced a 80 allout in india if am not wrong so its even. I would really like to see SL vs Aus in SL and SAF vs IND in SAF after this aus -sa series that should put a lot of speculations to rest.

Im not saying India are over-rated, that performance the other day was magnificent. One of the greatest chases of all time and they made it look easy.

I still think that teams that tour India have their best chance of winning the game if they win the toss and bat first.

They lost 2-1 to SL and that 74 allout came in a series with 2-1 result. SAF also produced a 80 allout in india if am not wrong so its even. I would really like to see SL vs Aus in SL and SAF vs IND in SAF after this aus -sa series that should put a lot of speculations to rest.

RSA already played India in SA and beat them 2-1 not long ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

India vs England test series

Remove this Banner Ad

Back