Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty common to see minor strains after major ligament injury and rehab, especially considering degree of movement and changes of pace in a game of footy compared to running and sprint work. Certainly possible we're being safe. This could mean he's a sneaky chance to stay on the list?

Don't forget the report came from Hagdorn - have not heard it reported anywhere else? Is Hagdorn trying to just be a sensationalist that is the question. Going by him it's very minor - just a clean up of sorts saying he has been carrying this niggle for some weeks. Have been onto the WCE site & there is no mention of it. Hagdorn did say he would be ok to play next weekend. Make of that what you will!

Probably just a cortisone injection for Sheed but I'm guessing ...would be able to train straight away also .
have have had cortisone injections and arthroscopic surgery as most probably have. I happened to notice a big difference between the two but some still want to bag the club out on the basis of fake news

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed's surgery surely affected him.

Didn't look like that player he was pre-surgery.

Looked like he lost some shreddedness. Was hoping he would finally stamp himself as a player!

Looked like he lost some shreddedness. Was hoping he would finally stamp himself as a player!
The surprise people continually evince on this board as young mids are played out of the position they have been playing since they were a kid, are played in an unfamiliar position and dont do as well as when they are played in their normal position if a tad exasperating.

Last edited:

Think you are being a bit impatient here - we will all know by seasons end as he wasn't being played in his correct position due to Priddis. I will reserve my judgement for the time being!

Naitanui's immediate future is not threatened but the problem for the hulking big enforcer is likely to be continued degeneration in the knee as his career extends, especially for such a heavy body and his explosive high leap in ruck contests.

The 27-year-old is on course for a playing return early next year after missing the entire 2017 season in his recovery from a dreaded ruptured cruciate ligament suffered in last year's stirring home win over Hawthorn just ahead of the finals.

So his "immediate future is not threatened" and he's "on course for a playing return early next year" and the rest is Haggers dribble?

Naitanui's immediate future is not threatened but the problem for the hulking big enforcer is likely to be continued degeneration in the knee as his career extends, especially for such a heavy body and his explosive high leap in ruck contests.

The 27-year-old is on course for a playing return early next year after missing the entire 2017 season in his recovery from a dreaded ruptured cruciate ligament suffered in last year's stirring home win over Hawthorn just ahead of the finals.

So his "immediate future is not threatened" and he's "on course for a playing return early next year" and the rest is Haggers dribble?

They guy just throws shit at a wall and then revels in the stuff that sticks. He is a hack.

Knees get wear and tear with sports. I wouldn't be too worried. It's probably more concerning for his life in later years than the immediate future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back