Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a footy fan podcast...
They've been amazingly wrong with most of their predictions and I think it would be strange for them to not make fun of themselves for that. You can always just skip the end of the episode if it's causing you pain.

I like it for fairly balanced Lions talk but neither one of them are the least bit funny or interesting

So you listen to a free podcast then whinge about the people giving it to you because they are making it fun FOR THEMSELVES.

You have just opened the doors.

I do not find your free commentary here balanced. You are not entertaining, funny or the least bit interesting.

I skip most of your content because it doesn't suit me, but I've always considered that a me issue. It never occurred to me that I should publicly tell you what I think, because I'm irrelevant to your posting.

Just as you are to the podcast.

How about you either skip the podcast or skip ahead in the bits of the podcast that don't work for you. And stop publicly insulting people who are GIVING THEIR TIME to value add to this community.

Please, please block me. I don't want to insult you with the way I contribute my comments to this community and then hear all about it in a post.

Credit to Dom and Mike for putting in the effort to give something to our fans in a world where we're generally starved of content compared to most other clubs.

It doesn't have to be my cup of tea for me not to be critical of them in any way and if you don't like it have a go yourself.
I don't think I've missed one of there podcasts and always save it for a weekly trip down to the city I do each week and I'm really appreciative of what they do. My only feedback is that I wish they would hold off recording it until the Tuesday by which time Tribunal / Injury fronts are clearer and in turn meaning the pod is a little more relevant to the following game.

Otherwise their various quirks, running gags and the like doesn't bother me in the slightest, except on occasions when the Suns / Womens team gets discussed. Personally I think womens Lions team stuff should be its own podcast because I know womens footy is laregly irrelevant to many listeners (and yes you can fast forward it - its just hard when you are driving), so why not just have a second pod for those interested in that part of the club.

So you listen to a free podcast then whinge about the people giving it to you because they are making it fun FOR THEMSELVES.

I do not find your free commentary here balanced. You are not entertaining, funny or the least bit interesting.

I skip most of your content because it doesn't suit me, but I've always considered that a me issue. It never occurred to me that I should publicly tell you what I think, because I'm irrelevant to your posting.

How about you either skip the podcast or skip ahead in the bits of the podcast that don't work for you. And stop publicly insulting people who are GIVING THEIR TIME to value add to this community.

Please, please block me. I don't want to insult you with the way I contribute my comments to this community and then hear all about it in a post.
Odd take mate - this is a forum where fortunately everyone has differing views and Nathan has his views which I disagree with in this instance, but doesnt make them less valid, just as I don't agree with your views - I get the sentiment though and you will no doubt disagree with mine. We all win :p

I know you're trying to be an internet hero but do you really think they go around believing that everyone who listens to their podcast think they're hilarious, interesting people?

Just because you don't do something professionally doesn't mean you can't be criticised for it

I know you're trying to be an internet hero but do you really think they go around believing that everyone who listens to their podcast think they're hilarious, interesting people?

Just because you don't do something professionally doesn't mean you can't be criticised for it

The old if you have nothing good to say, say nothing works for me.

If we are airing our minor grievances at Dom and fish now I HAVE to say that Dom saying that about 5-6 minimum of our players will ‘have a big finals moment’ is bugging me.

They can’t all have a big moment! Next he’ll be saying that Joyce seems like ‘a big game player.’
Why can't they all have a big moment? If we play 3 or 4 finals matches, plenty of time for all 5 or 6 of them to have big finals moments.

In fact if we are to go all the way, we'll probably be looking for 15 or 16 guys minimum to have big finals moments. And how good would that be?

If we are airing our minor grievances at Dom and fish now I HAVE to say that Dom saying that about 5-6 minimum of our players will ‘have a big finals moment’ is bugging me.

They can’t all have a big moment! Next he’ll be saying that Joyce seems like ‘a big game player.’
Finals are all about moments.
Collingwood took theirs last year.
Hoping we can take ours this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to Dom and Mike for putting in the effort to give something to our fans in a world where we're generally starved of content compared to most other clubs.

It doesn't have to be my cup of tea for me not to be critical of them in any way and if you don't like it have a go yourself.
This right here. There's moments throughout the episodes I don't listen to, but still enjoy the good Lions content they provide.

In the interest of balance, I think it's a well structured and fun podcast that I look forward to listening to each week. I thought the crystal ball being managed and the tea leaves coming in was fun light comedy, obviously that's not their one wood but better than just furrowed-brow seriousness at every turn. They have a nice rapport and play off each each other pretty well. Not too bothered either way, just my two cents!

I also like the Lions fan one which is in my 10-12 podcasts a week rotation - can't get enough BL content I guess

Had to check - it's called the Brisbane Lions fancast. I use Podcast Addict as an app but I'm sure it would be available elsewhere. It's genuinely just a couple of fans so don't expect anything polished but I quite like throwing it on - tbh usually after a win!
There is another one now too.
Called “We Are The Pride - Brisbane Lions Podcast”

Had to check - it's called the Brisbane Lions fancast. I use Podcast Addict as an app but I'm sure it would be available elsewhere. It's genuinely just a couple of fans so don't expect anything polished but I quite like throwing it on - tbh usually after a win!
Yes they take more of an analytical yet irreverent approach to the game which I appreciate.

Had a podcast idea that's part Lions chat, part Nerang safety tips. Hosted by BRAB

What do you think fam?

Always willing to share safety advice for this beautiful suburb Nunez.

Always willing to share safety advice for this beautiful suburb Nunez.
Tip #1: they can't stab you if you stab them first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back