Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite like the Roar Deal. I find Mike's insights from a journo's perspective really interesting and Dom is a good counterbalance as an optimistic fan. I'm not laughing at the gags with the crystal ball etc, but they have personality and I like that.

I only recently discovered the fancast so I've been checking them out (I did find it before, but their category on Spotify is American Football which is stupid tbh...). I like their takes, but they spend most of the time in a monotone which makes it a harder listen for me. Maybe they should have a red bull or a couple of pints before recording and I reckon it would improve the pod 10x

Kick-ons has generally been really boring for me. Only new, so I guess they'll improve?

Never heard of the We are the pride one, but I'll check it out soon.

HUN reporting Petracca and Lachie Neale seen having a coffee together in Melb.

..saying they are good mates who regularly meet. Nothing to see here response according to article..

..but someone has commented to the article by saying why report it then.

Probably nothing as said, but it's an interesting thought for us. :)

Work your magic Lachie.

..saying they are good mates who regularly meet. Nothing to see here response according to article..

Work your magic Lachie.
They are often interviewed in tandem on AFL360. Maybe that is where/how they have struck up a friendship.

Work your magic Lachie.
He would have to take a massive pay cut to be able to fit him in our salary cap, .01% chance of happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are we trading to the Dees to make it happen? Pack of chips?
Would give up Bailey and our future first in a heartbeat. If needed and somehow able to accrue enough points this year I’d even throw in this years first given Levi is coming anyway. They wouldn’t do it of course but that’s the type of trade that would be required, I wouldn’t be against the club having a real crack though.

Would give up Bailey and our future first in a heartbeat. If needed and somehow able to accrue enough points this year I’d even throw in this years first given Levi is coming anyway. They wouldn’t do it of course but that’s the type of trade that would be required, I wouldn’t be against the club having a real crack though.

If I'm the dees I'd need two top 5 picks and a player for petracca. We have nothing to offer them.

Get to work and fix whatever these issues are with regards to halting momentum. We'll be no chance in finals unless we can address it.

Brisbane Lions news: Goal kicking, momentum swings at core of curious trend​

Only two weeks ago the Brisbane Lions were being lauded as premiership favourites.
Now they need some luck just to finish inside the top four.

With one game to play until finals – a game Brisbane now must win to absolutely guarantee a place in the top eight – Chris Fagan’s side is walking a form tightrope.

After appearing near-bulletproof for two-and-a-half months, some familiar failings from earlier this season have reared their head at the worst possible time.

Inaccuracy in front of goal was a major talking point at the start of the campaign and returned against the Giants when the Lions kicked 8.16 in an 18-point loss.

Some crucial missed opportunities – particularly in the third quarter – ultimately came back to bite them on Saturday at the MCG.

Fagan’s words after the match hinted at his frustration over an issue he thought they had rectified.

“We’ll take some learnings from the game … the main one will be take your opportunities in front of goal, which is a thing I’ve had to talk about too often this year I reckon.”

But Brisbane’s goal kicking woes are only part of the puzzle that Fagan must solve before September.

Because another early-season trend has returned and this one could be much harder to solve: momentum.

The Lions led GWS by 30 points at quarter-time but conceded the final six goals of the game to be overrun.

And it was deja vu at the MCG as they watched a five-goal lead just before quarter-time get eaten up at the death when Beau McCreery put Collingwood ahead with two minutes to play.

Even worse, the Lions were 17 points clear at the 20-minute mark when Charlie Cameron kicked truly, yet were unable to see out the win.

“It was a game where when we had momentum we should have taken our shots more than we did, particularly in that third quarter,” Fagan lamented.

“Margins of three goals aren’t big margins in footy anymore. They can be cut back pretty quickly. To Collingwood’s credit they kept going and we just folded right at the end.”

It was the fourth time this season the Lions have led by at least four goals only to lose the match.

The first was the Opening Round capitulation when Carlton stormed back from 46 points down in the second quarter to win by a point at the Gabba.

And the following week in the West, the Lions held a 25-point advantage in the first quarter but were then overrun by Fremantle.

Add to that mix the draw with Adelaide in round nine, where the Crows came from three goals down in the final quarter, and the Lions have left five wins on the table this season by being unable to close out games from a strong winning position.

Collingwood was the master of momentum last season. The Magpies made a habit of fourth-quarter surges to seal tight wins and used that blueprint to pip the Lions at the line in last year’s grand final.

They did so again on Saturday.

Perhaps what makes this season’s premiership race seem so open is that no side has proven it can do what Collingwood did last year.

Every top eight team has its flaws. Fagan is crystal clear on what Brisbane’s are.

The coach declared he would “remain optimistic” about the Lions’ finals chances and so he should, because their best might be better than anyone’s.

His test is to get them playing that way for four quarters, which in 2024 is a puzzle few teams have been able to solve.

If anyone is a herald sun subscriber can you please pass on the gist of this article - how to get access to gws tickets. The non refundable gf flights are eating away at me.

Thanks.
registered-breach-pixel

How footy fans can score grand final tickets if GWS make it to last Saturday in September​

The AFL only allocated 17,000 tickets to members of competing clubs at the grand final last year, but a loophole has emerged that could score footy fans a ticket - if GWS make it to the last dance.
Sam Landsberger Sam Landsberger

@samlandsberger

2 min read
April 23, 2024 - 7:39PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/KhQ1a#share-tools
f6549e44ee7aca9322ce0ee86dcc926fb0e6a6ff.jpg

Play
Mute

Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:00
Fullscreen

AFL: Melbourne will get Demons star Clayton Oliver back for a clash against Richmond after a speedy recovery from finger surgery in their bye week.
Footy fans desperate to watch their club play in this year’s grand final can access a coveted ticket via a membership loophole – provided the match is against premiership favourite Greater Western Sydney.
Supporters of powerhouse clubs such as Carlton and Collingwood are virtually no chance of securing a grand final ticket in their club ballots if their membership only holds priority three access to the premiership decider.
But for $76 footy fans can purchase the cheapest Giants membership, which also carries priority three access to grand final tickets in the event they qualify.
That is highly likely to guarantee a ticket to the biggest game of the season.
The AFL only allocated 17,000 tickets to members of competing clubs last year, despite Collingwood boasting more than 100,000 signed-up fans.
Last year about 200 shrewd footy fans bought GWS memberships late in the season as the club surged into seventh place.
The crowd at the grand final in 2023. Picture: Jason Edwards

The crowd at the grand final in 2023. Picture: Jason Edwards
They almost cashed in on shock tickets to the big dance, but the Giants fell heartbreakingly short of making the club’s second grand final in five years with a one-point loss to Collingwood in what was an epic preliminary final.
The Giants are outright premiership favourites with TAB and as short as $4.50 with some bookmakers.
They were recently as short as $2.65 with TAB to make the grand final.
The cut-off to purchase a GWS membership with grand final ticket access is the end of the home-and-away season.
That means rival supporters who believe their club is on the march to the premiership decider can sign up to the Giants in August in the hope they secure a golden ticket through the rival ticket ballot.
Giants boss Dave Matthews welcomed rival supporters jumping onboard the expansion franchise.
“We embrace being everyone’s second team – we know people love our social media, our song, our colours and the way we play,” Matthews said on Tuesday.
“We absolutely encourage fans from all over Australia to grab a membership, use your shop voucher on an orange scarf and cheer on the Giants when your team isn’t playing.
“Get on board the orange tsunami and join our record-breaking membership tally in 2024.“
The Giants broke their membership record last week and have signed up more than 33,000 this season.
The number of GWS fans are on the rise. Picture: Phil Hillyard

The number of GWS fans are on the rise. Picture: Phil Hillyard
But members with priority three access to grand final tickets are still expected to get access to a seat at the MCG.
Those with priority two access appear certain to secure access.
The $76 membership ensures priority access to finals tickets for the first three weeks of September and then priority three access to grand final tickets.
It includes a $30 voucher for GWS merchandise, but does not allow entry to home-and-away matches
Victorian fans can also consider the Vic All-Rounder membership, which includes access to 11 matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG including non-GWS matches.
That costs $314 and comes with priority two access to grand final tickets should the Giants qualify.
The Vic Giant membership package costs $168 and includes access to six GWS matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG as well as priority three access to grand final tickets.

That's not a loophole, that's literally by design.

I'm sure GWS isn't going to complain if they get a bunch of cash tipped in by last minute people wanting memberships. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back