Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a lot more likely that the Bulldogs miss the finals than the Lions.

Hawks and Blues win plus the Dockers beat Port that leaves the Dogs out of the 8 if the lose to the Giants.

That would be a WOW! moment as the Dogs are a few pundits favourites to win the flag.

Cheers Grasshopper :thumbsu:

Just kills me every time I read these things and listen to the talking heads in recent weeks about how much we absolutely screwed our premiership chances with these two pathetic, arrogant losses through just schoolboy errors as missing goals most u/12's are converting.

If losing last year's GF by 4 points wasn't enough motivation, I highly doubt that a couple of losses and absolutely blowing second spot and our chances this year will serve any more motivation.

Shows how fragiley weak this team is.

Below is a link to an abc conversation hour interview with Anna years, 4 time Olympian medallist.

Worth listening to for any reason, but she did talk about the mental side of winning and it is applicable to our team atm.

If you can't picture yourself winning, you won't win.

The coach is important in providing belief in the players, building their confidence and providing the support they need but at the end of the day it is the players who have to find their way to believing they are worthy winners.

Joe shunning all things football is probably a way to try to keep his head in the right space.

Our moments guys already believe. Motty just believes. Zorko, Lester and Bruce had so many years in the wilderness that they had to develop 'I deserve' belief just to get to top level afl.

I think we're going to go all the way. Matty Lloyd has written us off. This clip is hilarious its like a parody of a political commercial, saying 'I trust this man' and 'I don't trust this man' over and over again. Or a grade 8 English presentation. I don't think there is much going on upstairs for poor old Llloydy.

I think we're going to go all the way. Matty Lloyd has written us off. This clip is hilarious its like a parody of a political commercial, saying 'I trust this man' and 'I don't trust this man' over and over again. Or a grade 8 English presentation. I don't think there is much going on upstairs for poor old Llloydy.

Unfortunately he has the ammunition because we do kick significantly more behinds than goals on way to many occasions.

If our score card was 1:1 we would be absolute, outright premiership favourites and , I believe, premiers.

Too many elite forward easy shots shanked.

He's just trying to be relevant.

But whoever you trust or don't trust he's got a point. Kicking for goal is a massive factor particularly in big games if you're not nailing the gettable ones.

With regards to the missing plan b - don't know what the entire plan was but last night players were moved around. I noticed Ah Chee in particular.

Figure shuffling magnets is trying something different = the elusive plan b. Crazy. Coaches have clearly been reading here and responded accordingly 🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old decade of pain on the eve of the 2019 season Lloydy

Like Kingy Llordo will negatively polarise me into believing in us again. One of those people who when he says something I'm inclined immediately to think the opposite.

Incidentally lethal remains the smartest mind in the game:

Like Kingy Llordo will negatively polarise me into believing in us again. One of those people who when he says something I'm inclined immediately to think the opposite.

Media: coach Joe Daniher harder

Fages:

1724591826042.jpeg

Imo 95% of the constant beat ups on joe is a hang up from playing for Essendon and the grief he used to cop there. I can’t recall a lions player ever getting such rough treatment.

Media: coach Joe Daniher harder

Fages:

View attachment 2091838

Imo 95% of the constant beat ups on joe is a hang up from playing for Essendon and the grief he used to cop there. I can’t recall a lions player ever getting such rough treatment.

Llordo’s entire media career is built on a) being the ‘ex Essendon great’ saying the bombers are not hard enough and b) criticising players who he used to mentor.

He trots out the same shit about Joe every time and about the king brothers when they can’t hit the side of a barn.

Llordo’s entire media career is built on a) being the ‘ex Essendon great’ saying the bombers are not hard enough and b) criticising players who he used to mentor.

He trots out the same shit about Joe every time and about the king brothers when they can’t hit the side of a barn.
Not to mention Hutchy’s embarrassing intro of him; the five time, yes the five time Coleman Medalist. I cringe every time I hear it

There's some people who don't deserve a nickname.

JMO but I can't fault Joe in any way since he's been at the Lions. Sure he makes the odd mistake but so do all of them. It's just that the media prey on his and then want to highlight it.

His commitment and work ethic has been first rate overall. Importantly he's been able to keep himself on the park whilst contributing up the ground.

The usual pragmatic common sense opinion from Lethal.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/08...ions-great-offers-to-solve-goal-kicking-woes/

Aker has made some good points here, I would love to see him around the club before our final. I don't think the club would like it though after some of these comments though haha

No stone unturned, no resource unused.

Aker will be bagged for going public but the offer has been made privately and ignored.
Obviously still passionate about the club and wants to see them get a premiership.

We must invite him in for one session and see what the players think. If they like what he has to offer they can go again.

Aker is still aker but there won't be any blow ups in a one hour session.

We can't ignore one of our best ever set shots input on our current weakest point.

And what do we have to lose? Except the premiership of course.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/08...ions-great-offers-to-solve-goal-kicking-woes/

Aker has made some good points here, I would love to see him around the club before our final. I don't think the club would like it though after some of these comments though haha

Sorry, what are the good points?

No stone unturned, no resource unused.

Aker will be bagged for going public but the offer has been made privately and ignored.
Obviously still passionate about the club and wants to see them get a premiership.

We must invite him in for one session and see what the players think. If they like what he has to offer they can go again.

Aker is still aker but there won't be any blow ups in a one hour session.

We can't ignore one of our best ever set shots input on our current weakest point.

And what do we have to lose? Except the premiership of course.

If it's mental though will he be teaching our guys to be more like him?

I would've thought if it's a confidence issue having the biggest ego in Australia would be useful, but can you teach that?

Sorry, what are the good points?

If it's mental though will he be teaching our guys to be more like him?

I would've thought if it's a confidence issue having the biggest ego in Australia would be useful, but can you teach that?

Aker said there is something in the run up. No ego involved in that.

I just want us to make the gf so my non refundable flights were a genius confidence act, not a waste of money.

Can you learn to strut? Aker was a champ at that, and it seems an appropriate skill for a goal kicking forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back