Irving Mosquito, we hardly knew ye: Essendon bid and Hawthorn passes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods just thread ban him

Of course he had told the Silvagnis at dinner at their house 2 nights before the draft that he would be bidding if Jack was still available at that pick. But you probably know that already?
And was the motive to take him? Or try and bend Carlton over?

My point is that he’s known in the industry for trying to bend clubs over.

He nearly cost you Shiel, and his job. Luckily you had Dan Richardson step in last minute, who has an ounce of respect with other clubs.

He’s a flog mate. And a key reason you haven’t won a final in 15 years.

And was the motive to take him? Or try and bend Carlton over?

My point is that he’s known in the industry for trying to bend clubs over.

He nearly cost you Shiel, and his job. Luckily you had Dan Richardson step in last minute, who has an ounce of respect with other clubs.

He’s a flog mate. And a key reason you haven’t won a final in 15 years.
The motive was to try and get a player he rated at his pick. Same as yesterday.

How exactly was bidding on Silvagni trying to bend Carlton over? You're aware they only had to use their next pick which was a couple of spaces lower on him?

You serious?

Like yesterday. No bid, and we take Mozzie as a rookie. Same applied to Jack.
You're suggesting clubs shouldn't bid on F/S, academy and NGA players and should let them slide through?

Or is it only when Adrian rates a player highly enough to bid that it is an attempt to screw a club over?

You're suggesting clubs shouldn't bid on F/S, academy and NGA players and should let them slide through?

Or is it only when Adrian rates a player highly enough to bid that it is an attempt to screw a club over?

Bid on em if you rate them at that pick.

Mozzie wasn’t rated inside the top 40 in any mock draft. And not by us either. And we’d know him better than anyone.

Anyway. Good luck to the kid. Hope he makes it. But he’s now the enemy.

Mozzie wasn’t rated inside the top 40 in any mock draft. And not by us either. And we’d know him better than anyone.

Mate, he is either trolling you or is a genuine f'wit. Either way you shouldn't bother.

I could point to multiple players who got nowhere near where the mockdraft rated them.

And our own D_P_S who did extensive coverage of the draft for the media rated Mozzie right where we picked him.

We rated him as the best small forward of the draft and identified that as a need we had to fill. Its that simple.

Whether or not Adrian has overrated him is something we'll learn in future years.

I could point to multiple players who got nowhere near where the mockdraft rated them.

And our own D_P_S who did extensive coverage of the draft for the media rated Mozzie right where we picked him.

We rated him as the best small forward of the draft and identified that as a need we had to fill. Its that simple.

Whether or not Adrian has overrated him is something we'll learn in future years.

So tell me this. With Tippa, Raz, and D Smith, why do you need a small forward with your first pick?

unless they are doing it solely to make Hawthorn pay more than they want, then it’s a f**cking stupid plan. I just doubt that’s the case.
Same here, it's cloud cuckoo stuff.

People would believe that there was another player they actually wanted, but they bid on Mozzie to hopefully screw Hawthorn, and now they have to keep him ooops?

They bid 38 because they he was the player they wanted who was left at pick 38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back