Is a 25,000 capacity stadium enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is a photo of Carrara i found on the ausstadiums website

16623447386666648554516.jpg

Whoa, that looks great! I was considering driving down and having a look at it later this week.

The old basketball center looks like it needs a bit of a revamp. Looks ancient!

25,000 is the ideal size for a new team in a non-AFL city. Having said that, you can expect it to fill multiple times, especially when the larger followed Victorian teams travel there. The ability to combine a footy game with a long weekend on the sunny beach in the Winter will see AFL fans queuing up for a piece of the action. Whether the AFL recoups its outlay in the long term is uncertain - but the State govt's investment will easily be recouped through the millions brought into the local economy each game.

Am pumped for round 24, forgive me if I give it to Campbell Brown. :thumbsu:

25,000 is the ideal size for a new team in a non-AFL city. Having said that, you can expect it to fill multiple times, especially when the larger followed Victorian teams travel there. The ability to combine a footy game with a long weekend on the sunny beach in the Winter will see AFL fans queuing up for a piece of the action. Whether the AFL recoups its outlay in the long term is uncertain - but the State govt's investment will easily be recouped through the millions brought into the local economy each game.

Am pumped for round 24, forgive me if I give it to Campbell Brown. :thumbsu:

Bayer I'll definitely be going to our last game on the GC this year. Reckon it will be great.

If you're going, I hope us Hawthorn supporters won't have a problem getting seats at such a small stadium. I'm already worried about this shit :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last home and away game for the year at the new stadium and up against the Hawks, reckon it I'll be close to full house for this game. I'll be one of the lucky ones for tickets, being a Hawk Gold interstate member I'm guaranteed a seat from the Hawks, also a Suns member and have my reserved seat for home games. Will have to wait all year to decide where to sit for this game.

Exile, you took exactly the same photo as I did today of the stadium, I actually thought I had posted it here without realising it. Looking great, can't wait to be in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is a 25,000 capacity stadium enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back