Is it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pffft, lost to Hawks, best defender out indefinitely… keep the lid on people!!

Of course, I’d describe myself as a fairly unserious supporter, but last week found at the game that I could recognise every player on the field and describe their careers in depth (was with a non-Aussie rules relative who kept asking questions…). Lid? What lid? 🤦‍♂️

Booked after the Tigers win using points and can shift the flights if we don't make it. It's an open race this year.

If we beat the Swans in the GF then I can't see Warner coming across, but then I guess that means we don't need him!

Booked after the Tigers win using points and can shift the flights if we don't make it. It's an open race this year.

If we beat the Swans in the GF then I can't see Warner coming across, but then I guess that means we don't need him!
I would have thought if we beat Sydney in the GF it would make it easier to get him across.

But the result would still be the same, probably still mean we didn't need him.

I know a few people that have booked (refundable) flights
we have done this because the flights have been going up more and more each week - it's another disadvantage we have in WA. I have booked accommodation that can be canceled, and even that was hard to find. We have Freo GF Guarantee membership.

We also did this in 2013

Last edited:
What is your logic on that event ?
Personally I wouldn't move teams if there was unfinished business. Say if Warner got a flag this year, he's done the hard work and been rewarded, so it'd be much easier to close that chapter and move to Freo.

If I lose I'd be wanting to stick it out and go around again. Plus I would despise whatever team has beaten me. If Sydney fall short again in 2025 then can just jump ship when out of contract.

But that's just my thoughts

Hard to see a club trading a contracted star to the team that just beat them in a GF.

Anything short of being competitive in a prelim will be disappointing from here. If you get to a prelim anything is possible.

It'll be 7 weeks between Pearce's 2nd break and week one of finals. Assuming that's enough time for him to recover and our best 18 stay healthy then Flagmantle could be a reality.

Personally I wouldn't move teams if there was unfinished business. Say if Warner got a flag this year, he's done the hard work and been rewarded, so it'd be much easier to close that chapter and move to Freo.

If I lose I'd be wanting to stick it out and go around again. Plus I would despise whatever team has beaten me. If Sydney fall short again in 2025 then can just jump ship when out of contract.

But that's just my thoughts
Yeah I see the logic, I just have the feeling that this might be Sydney's last legitimate tilt. Feels like the gap is closing.

I'm just biased but I feel Fremantle's long term sustainability projects further than Sydney's.

But, like I said, I'm biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no way, this is the best thread ever!!! :)
Get It Lets Go GIF by StickerGiant

we have done this because the flights have been going up more and more each week - it's another disadvantage we have in WA. I have booked accommodation that can be canceled, and even that was hard to find. We have Freo GF Guarantee membership.

We also did this in 2013
Hey FG
We will meet you at the GF ?
Free to drive now as retired, which means we can catch any final?
Stay with friends in Adelaide and Melbourne.
Have 3 GF guarantee tix, which ive been paying for every year since 2013.
Yokai!

If you have the guarantee, buy your flights now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back